A.C. Whyte and Co Ltd

A.C. Whyte and Co Ltd Employee Reviews

United Kingdom5 reviews

Ok place to work

Good place to work if you don't mind heavy lifting and the management can be quite forcefully at times I was threatened with my job if I finished earlier than 5oclock when my hours are 8 to 4.40pm

Fantastic employer who value their employees

At A.C. Whyte every suggestion matters to them, they value their employees incredibly to ensure they are fulfilled in their roles. I've been with the company for 4 and a half years and feel like I have grown with them learning from the experts in our team, some have been with us 30+ years and each took me under their wing to teach me everything I've needed to know about the Construction Industry.I've also been lucky to have very influential role models within the company, who have taught me so much in my time with A.C. Whyte and still make the time to do so if I need it. I came straight from University and have learned how to run marketing campaigns effectively, I have improved on my writing skills from being involved in the procurement process, I've work on strategies to achieve 100% sign up status across large scale energy efficiency projects, evolved and adapted our communications on our customer journey, content creation, community benefit engagement... the list is endless but it's all transferable skills I can use to benefit other members of my team, if required. Being a family business, it can be fast paced at times and you have to adapt to suit the priorities of the business which I personally quite enjoy. Although I have structure in my role, no day is quite the same which makes for an interesting week. I think A.C. Whyte is a fantastic company who values their employees, are always there to listen and your voice is always heard.

Vibrant, driven, productive and fun environment

The team are one of the main reasons A.C. Whyte thrives. We have a wealth of knowledge and experience across the business, who are experts in their respective roles. We are all continuously developed and supported at every level, with a huge focus on nurturing the newer members of the team, sharing our collective knowledge. As a family business the values are apparent, every member of the team is valued and respected and work ethic, passion and motivation are acknowledged and rewarded. This is evident in the career development opportunities that are available, without limitation. We have many success stories across the business that are examples of dedication, hard work and focus leading to progression. We work in a busy, productive environment, everyone has their goals and we each work hard to achieve them, but we have fun and are supportive of each other along the way. Evolution is central to our success, every idea, every suggestion is considered and we all have our part to play in moving forward. Individually we are all successful, but together as a team we achieve impressive things. The work we do is humbling and by working hard every day we can genuinely have an impact on people’s lives. This motivates us and everyone in the team is driven by this every day.

Pros

Development structure in place, purpose built welcoming head office, fresh fruit weekly, team lunches daily, Latest IT equipment per role

Inspiring Workplace

A.C. Whyte's team are second to none. The senior management team are all masters of their own trade and hold a wealth of experience gained from years in the industry and, in many cases, from years at A.C. Whyte. It is made clear from your first day on the job that your training and development is important to the business. As a junior member of the team, you quickly develop the skills and knowledge to thrive within the industry as an outcome of an extremely accessible SMT and top-class training catered to your needs. All colleagues work to the same main objectives and goals whether they are office or site based creating a strong team-bond and a supportive, collaborative culture. The working environment can be fast-paced however A.C. Whyte have created the perfect balance of a hard-working but fun and relaxed atmosphere. Everyone carries out their roles with flair producing a high calibre of work with help and support always nearby if required. The people, development opportunities, generous holidays, employee benefits and good work-life balance make this innovative, industry leading company a perfect business to work for.

Pros

Development opportunities, training and the people

Great place to work with fantastic staff and culture

Each day starts with a short team meeting, just a quick brief with my team as to what the plan of attack is going to be for day ahead. This is usually done over a coffee and is a fairly laid back discussion, not a formal meeting. Although everyone works hard, this relaxed business culture is something that the company prides itself on, and is driven from the senior management team and cascades through to all our employees. I feel it brings out the best in people. Dealing with several different departments who all have their own specific goals and targets to work to can sometimes be quite challenging, however good communication, understanding, patience and working together as a team are traits that are synonymous with everyone at AC Whyte which means that together we are stronger and this allows us to achieve the overall company wide objectives. The people are what make AC Whyte such an enjoyable,fun and vibrant place to work. When you spend the majority of your day with work colleagues it's vital that there is a good balance of getting the work done to a high standard to set deadlines but at the same time doing it with a smile on your face in a fun relaxed atmosphere, and this is something that we have achieved at AC Whyte

Pros

Free fruit, entreprenuerial job roles

Cons

I.T. capabilities when out on site

Ask a question about working or interviewing at A.C. Whyte and Co Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

5.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement