A.J. Antunes & Co.

Working at A.J. Antunes & Co.: 16 Reviews

Good company, but there’s always one anywhere you go

So far, my experience is rather positive overall. The company itself is great and has great benefits and perks to offer. Good insurance and pto, on site gym and clinic, and a lot of extra training to take advantage of if you want. Very supportive. Overall, a good place.There are some goofballs in management, but that’s anywhere you go. But as long as you do your stuff and make an effort, you have nothing to worry about. Even for a non union company.Progression is hit or miss depending where you’re at. They prefer to advance/hire internally rather than from outside. There’s plenty of options to move around the company and lots on extra training, as mentioned previously. That said, they like the fancy college papers to move up-up. I’ve been fortunate enough to progress rapidly, within 6 months, but it hasn’t been without effort, of course.Tl;dr: great company with a lot of great perks and a good future. You get out what you put in. Room to grow if you make the effort. Some goofballs in management, but better than most places. Do your stuff and you’re fine.

fun place to work

different task to complete learn different department daily management team was great and helpful family culture hardest part was trying my best to make all department happy

Work out room and employee lounge

Great employee benefits for those on the manufacturing floor. Unlimited PTO for executives. Profit sharing options,with 401k and other company perks for employees.

If you question management

It’s a very stressful environment. Employees are always worried as to who is next on the cut list. HR department is fake and could care less. We had an HR person that cared and was easy to communicate with now the new HR, it’s who she likes and wants there pretty much her family and friends working there and it’s allowed. I do like the new medical facility and gym they added on but the open concept is not easy to work as all eyes are on you watching your every move especially the Office Gossiper Manager. Watch out for her!!

Pros

Employees are nice, new perks for employees and onsite medical care

Cons

Work quietly and don’t voice your opinion or HR Manager will get you.

Learned many things at this company, although most of it was not what I was going into for my career. The work was fun, and people were great to work with. Besides not being able to learn what my career was based on, I did learn alot.

Pros

Great Company

Cons

Not being able to work on my career

Good

Good place to work,good environment,safety first,take care of employees,everthing is good except overtime and salary,take care of employees healthcare with special care

Pros

Free breakfast everyday with fruits and coffee

fast past

the work here is pretty fast pace, people are nice, interesting parts, hard labor, very understanding management, Spanish speaking workers, overtime is good

Had to be a team player

We organized our day by making a spread sheet. I had to bring to the attention of supervisor if I was short inventory so that no shipments would be late, The end of the day was always busy making sure every delivery made it out on time.

Pros

Great job

Cons

not enough pay

Productive and fun workplace

Great team Good relations between bosses , QA team and people from the production a job always was done successfully. Mutual respect. I learned that with respect and good relations between people, it always brings a good result.

Pros

Free lunch and good bonus

Cons

n/a

Awful Company

If you don't speak Spanish or are bilingual....forget working there. Low, low pay and even lower moral. Horrible working conditions in the warehouse. Hostile supervisors who lie to your face and are incompetent. There were a few nice people that I miss to this day but that was the only thing good about that place.

Cons

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at A.J. Antunes & Co.?

Average place to work

Alot of talk about core values but that's all it is, talk. Management is out of touch with employees they are just concentrating on making more money for the owners. Low paying jobs, very poor health insurance but a good work life balance. Great place to start or end a career as there is no room for growth or promotions. The new President is pushing his agenda and employees are not happy. Sacrifices are only on the non-management level.

Pros

good work life balance

Cons

poor benefits and low pay

Great Company

A.J. Antunes is a thriving and successful company. They motivate and challenge their employees to be critical thinkers. Employees have great incentives to produce. It is a very fast paced environment. There are opportunities for growth and advancement as the company is always evolving.

Fun place to work, with people that are unique and did very well at their jobs. Go work there to find out how much of a great place it is to work.

Great company with positive culture

Culture is key and heavily focused on. Continuously growing in the right direction. Core values and beliefs are executed each day.

Productive and friendly environment

A.J. Antunes & Co. is a family owned and operated company specializing in the manufacturing of custom electronic controls and air and gas pressure switches under the Antunes Controls brand; foodservice equipment under the ROUNDUP brand; and technologically advanced water filtration systems under the VIZION brand. It was a great experience to work in such a place to really build my work ethics and shape they way I see production of goods and services.

Good learning experience.

You had to wear many hats at this job so I got a lot of experience in order processing, answering calls, clerical work, and exporting goods.

Pros

good benefits and time off.

Cons

did not feel like management cared for employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at A.J. Antunes & Co.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement