A.T. Cross

A.T. Cross Employee Reviews with Jobs

United Kingdom6 reviews

3.3Pay & benefits

Productive and fun workplace

I’ve enjoyed building relationships with outside companies and being part of the Cross family.It’s a relaxed atmosphere and no micro management, everyone is trusted to get on with their own job.

This was a very good company to work for

Very nice, friendly and understanding people. Nice management, good culture. The salary was bad but overall everything was good.If all the companys in UK will have this type of friendly environment I belive people will actually work more and better. The salary was not great and no chance to get promoted.

People are Great, Company is poor

The People who work at A.T Cross are the best this about the job. The company as a whole cannot impermanent a system correctly. Since I worked at the company four (full systems) have been bought in and four have had very poor integration and setup. Each time, the members of staff that the system was due to benefit where forced to put in extra work to get over this new system. In most cases the issues are never resolved and it’s the hard work of the members of staff to botch the system into some kind of working tool.

Productive and Fun

A T Cross was my first full time job, I joined after I finished College and straight away I felt like I was part of the CROSS Family. I have learnt many things in the past 4 years, from invoicing to business development in my current role. I enjoy travelling around meeting my customers and going over our high quality products. Although this can also be the hardest part of the job as I travel to Ireland a lot a the days can be very long, starting at about 4am and not getting home until 12 that night. It's a small price to pay for doing something you enjoy. although I love working for Cross recently we have had a lot of changes with management and I feel that the Cross Family feeling is no longer there. Overall, working for Cross has been very enjoyable, challenging but I have had lots of support to better myself as a professional.

Fun Place to be

A typical day is - Checking emails to see if any orders or enquiries have come in over night. Following up artworks and requests from the previous day. Following up on quotations and repeat order send outs. Contacting customers on the data base with offers or a general catch up to see if they have any requirements. This Role has taught me a high level of customer service, Sage Systems, MS Office Systems. Its taught me confidence within myself to then go on to be promoted twice. Management range from Sales Managers right up to the MD whos office is about ten foot from my desk. There is an open door policy and all are approachable and happy to help. My Colleagues are what make the company a fun place to work at. A really good team of people who work well together to collectively get the job done. Hardest part of my job is knowing when to stop, if I get engrossed in what I am doing I will often work through my break or after hours to ensure the customer is happy. I have been known to answer customer emails at 10pm on a Friday night! The most enjoyable part of my job is talking to different people everyday and all the new skills I have learnt. I also enjoy the office environment, having a laugh but knowing when to knuckle down to get the job done.

Pros

Christmas Party, Christmas Bonus, Free Tea and Coffee and Bank Holidays off work

Cons

none that I can think of

Productive and Fun work place

My typical day at works Involves, putting orders on for the customers, answering all calls that come through the customers services/sales department, Invoicing orders towards the end of the day, filing all the paper work away in month order. I've learned a lot of Administration skills that have develpot my confiedence a long the way. My co-works are easy to get a long with, we have a laugh in the office and they are good fun to be around when you are having a not so good day. The hardest art of the job is listening to the customers complaine and trying your very best to please the customer with your customer service skills and try to give the customer what they arequesting. The most enjoyable part of the day is when the phones are ringing and you are able to get on with any work that needs to be done without any distractions.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at A.T. Cross. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

A.T. Cross Reviews by Location

• A.T. Cross
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?