A1 Comms Ltd

Working at A1 Comms Ltd: 28 A1 Comms Ltd Reviews

United Kingdom28 reviews

Insights into A1 Comms Ltd

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Fair pay for job

Great start to my role at A1 Comms

I joined the business during the pandemic so have worked from home full time so far. Despite this my induction to the business and wider B2B team was thorough and definitely helped me feel part of the team. The most enjoyable part of the job is the variety of tasks that I have involvement in, there's rarely two days that are the same. I feel extremely trusted by my manager to work independently, competently and am praised for the work that I do.

Pros

Ability to work from home (even without the pandemic)

Cons

Continued growth causes processes/programmes to be changing a lot

Great place to work!

A1 Comms is a great place to work! I have been working here for a few months and I genuinely enjoy my job. Everyone at A1 Comms are very welcoming and make coming to work more enjoyable.Working in the HR team, the management are very approachable and fair. I have always have been made felt part of the team and supported by my manager. Overall a great place to work and looking forward to my career at A1 Comms!

Pros

Great work culture

Just another cog

Poor management, almost treated as if you’re a number, not a person.Poor absence management, it doesn’t matter what you’re going through, you’re just expected to have 100% attendance. No signposting/referral to services/support, no suggestions for reasonable adjustments, no ‘human’ support.Training was poor also. Considering I had access to thousands of customers details including financial information, it’s shocking to me that they don’t have a more structured system in place other than just shadowing someone, who may also be badly informed and not trained properly. You get penalised for calls that are ‘non-compliant’ when no clear training has been given on this except an email with lots of jargon you’re expected to understand and implement and when you ask questions you never get a response.Management are in my opinion lazy and clearly don’t care about their staff. They have no interest in motivating teams or getting to know any of the team members.Would 100% recommend staying clear.Only positive I can give is that the mobile phone deals are amazing. But having worked there I probably wouldn’t buy from them now.

Pros

Good deals for customers and staff on phones

Cons

Poor management and 0 support for staff

Great place to work!!!!!

All I can say is I genuinely love my job! I love coming to work each day and I don’t think many people can say that. The support and encouragement I receive on a day to day basis from direct management is second to none, as well as support from other colleagues and departments within the business. The atmosphere is friendly (no cliques!) and welcoming whilst maintaining a good level of professionalism. Hard work does not go unnoticed and is appreciated. I am excited about the future of A1comms as well as looking forward to my own future and career prospects within the business.

Pros

Free on site parking, company health scheme, the people!!

Happy to be working here

After working for another local outbound call canter, this is like a breath of fresh air. The working environment is professional and still fun. And the commission structure is great.

Pros

Professional and fun

Proud To Be Here

After a turbulent time with my previous employer, I almost considered moving away from a sales career, but I'm glad I perused the opportunity with A1 Comms -They've restored my faith that employers can treat their employees fairly whilst keeping their staff challenged and motivated. The incentives, commission and genuine working / people culture is amazing. I feel like part of a team and I know management will always listen and support me if I'm having a challenging day. I'm proud to be part of the A1 Comms team!

Pros

People, Culture, Support, Incentives, Lovely Offices

Cons

4 on 4 off working pattern, But, hey I get 4 days off in a row too!

Brilliant company to work for!!

I have been with the company for 20 years, the company is interesting and is growing at a massive pace.The work culture and management are second to none, they will always help you if you need anything and will encourage you to progress further in your role.I work with a great team and couldn't be happier in my job.I would recommended working here to anyone.

Pros

On-Site Parking, Great Facilities, Friendly, Great work ethic, In house training

A good place to work

A good place to work, where you are made to feel a valued member of the team, everyone is known by there first name in the contact centre.The calls can sometimes be challenging , however, this is also rewarding as the calls are varied and the customer service team take ownership of all customer issues seeing them through to a resolution. Support is always available from agent level and higher, whether this is to do with day to day business or more sensitive issues.The most enjoyable part of working for A1comms is being a part of a proactive, friendly team, who are always ready to support each other.

Pros

The individuals who form the teams in the contact centre

Worked her for 6 years

I love working for A1, its been a pleasure to work here over the years and they have made me a better employee with all of their support. A1 cares for its employee's welfare and the team here is A1's best asset..

Pros

Support & Training

Good commission and prospects

Fun place to work but also challenging, never a dull moment. Everyone is so friendly and welcoming. I've earned good commission, the money is there if you work for it.The company gave me a opportunity to apply for a laptop during Covid as we only have 1 and didn't have the money for a new one and I have 2 children, this has been a great help to my family.We also received £100 Christmas voucher as we didn't have a Christmas party due to Covington.

Pros

Insensitive, commission & working hours

Cons

Can't think of any

Genuinely Enjoy Going To Work!

I've worked for A1 Comms for about 2 years within both Customer Service and Sales. We have a great team culture and we are rewarded for our hard work. From the point of training when I first started, I always feel my efforts are appreciated and I can progress with the company. I genuinely enjoy going to work!Recently the business also gave everyone with school aged children an opportunity to apply for a free laptop to be used by children for school work who don't have one. This is a prime example of the continuous support and care offered by the business.

Pros

Facilities / Parking / Support

Cons

None I can think of

On the whole a good place to work

A1 are a good employer and it is a stable job which is important in uncertain times.Because it is not a big company the progression is not great as many staff in higher positions have worked there a long time, but this is also a good reflection of the benefits nonce you get into a higher position within the company.The work can be demanding and fast-paced, there are a lot of things to learn and remember so it can be challenging. The company takes good customer services very seriously and expects staff to uphold this ethos.

Pros

Easy access to offices hot/cold drinks provided, Staff parties

Fun place to work, with great development opportunities

I love working for A1 Comms. It isn't particularly hierarchical and so you get to know everyone quickly, and everyone is really approachable. In my experience it fosters a positive and supportive culture. Training is good, plenty of support is available, and there's lots of flexibility on offer, especially during the pandemic when working from home has been a godsend. The company is growing and, as a result, there are plenty of opportunities to develop if you work hard. I love that you can get as much out of working here and you put in. My favourite thing about working for A1 Comms is the people. It's a great team, and coming to work is genuinely enjoyable, which can't be said of all workplaces!

Pros

Having the autonomy to do your job well, and the people

Cons

Genuinely can't think of any cons!

Busy and fun

Busy environment but has variety also, nice people to work with and training provided and support is provided if you need more. Flexible shifts also helps.

Pros

Free hot and cold drinks and nice kitchen area

The best company I have worked for.

I've not been in many previous jobs before this but I loved my time at A1 comms. The Customer Service Team were amazing to work for, I found Management, HR extremely easy to contact and will help you out. I was in the job for around a year and a half and felt I was supported throughout my time there. The training was not rushed and if you don't feel comfortable with any training, colleagues around you will not hesitate to help you out. The team ethos was fantastic and I felt like everyone pulled together as a team in Customer Service. Some of the calls from customers are difficult to deal with however if there was ever a time I needed support I did not feel like I couldn't ask management to help me out, they will take time out of their day to help you. Job variation is important to me and I feel like this role exceeded my expectations, there are opportunities to do other tasks and if you work hard you will be given the responsibility to manage certain tasks which does keep your interest. I felt extremely supported by Management and they do check in on you to make sure you are okay. I did not feel like just another colleague and it was great to feel part of a team. Overall the only con I can think of is sometimes you will get a tricky customer and not know what to do, but what can you expect in a contact centre role. If there is something you do not know, you will certainly be given training so you know for future reference.

Pros

Fantastic Team, Flexible breaks.

Cons

Difficult customer (but not really a con)

Disgraceful Company

Your okay to work here if your ages between 18-21 and if your face fits!! It’s one rule for one person and one for the face that fits or if your having relationships with the top management team!! I worked at this company for 6 weeks it was the worse ever experience of my life! The HR Department is just as bad, all of them are very clicky. MY ADVICE DO NOT WORK HERE Just a shame that to ceo of the company doesn’t have a clue to what’s going on there... or do they and are just as paid it’s all about Money and your just a pawn... easy come easy go...understandable they are always looking for staff and there turnover of staff is shocking!!

Cons

Great commission structure, but high turn over in staff

To be honest, I really enjoyed working here and learned a lot about myself and what it’s like a proper sales environment. You are guaranteed your breaks, which is good and you work on a 4 day on, 4 day off basis so a mixture of week days and also weekends. Never had an issue with pay and it’s like a family knit environment.Systems and placing orders are easy to use. Commission structure is insane and you can earn a lot of money.Only thing I would say needs improving is the people who are struggling. You only get six months to pass your probation or you fail it. It has a MASSIVE turn around in staff. If you never done sales before, or are a little bit more nervous then others, then basically you are gone in six months, unless you are a management favourite to begin with - so this adds more increased pressure onto yourself, then you are gonna be nervous and mess up. I feel like if you make a mistake, except from taking you off the phones and giving you more training one to one (which is clearly what you need) - you are told to not do it again, and then back on the phones. Perhaps more training to the people who are struggling and at least giving them a timeframe of 12 months?? It is a decent company to work for, but the massive turn over in staff is ridiculous, I know about 50 people who have come and gone since start of 2020, just due to lack of more training for the people who is struggling. I didn’t leave on bad terms and wish the company best in the future!

Pros

4 on 4 off shifts, decent basic salary, amazing commission structure, close knit team

Cons

Long hours, more training and management if people are struggling, massive turn over in staff

If your face fits....

Looks great on paper. Management partake in inappropriate relationships and one rule applies to one group people than another. Training is very minimal with no consideration of level of experience or confidence. People are not valued and issues with agents are discussed openly in a public environment.

No job security, less than minimum wage, no breaks

Expected to work all the hours under the sun, very hard to get a day off. Management is a joke, huge turn over of staff, deduct money regularly from your pay, avoid at all costs, work for a company more reputable.

Pros

Closed on sundays

Cons

Regular deductions from pay, huge staff turnover.

Friendly and relaxed environment

A friendly relaxed place to work with office and call centre based operations. Parent company to a retail operation. Limited management input to day-to-day activities and limited feedback on company performance

dump.

if you want to work with 30 people that use one toilet - then apply for this company. there is no space in the breakout area either. management are ok and pretty laid back. bit of a depressing job because you make 300 calls a day and probably speak to 10 people for 5 minutes.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at A1 Comms Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement
  • A1 Comms Ltd
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?