A24 Group

Registered Nurse5 reviews
United Kingdom5 reviews

shiftcarepaytimeworkinggoodworkhour

Excellent Service

The A24 Group has been a dream to work with, they have provided me with great opportunities when looking for General Nurse shifts. Finding shifts has never been so easy, they contacted me directly when they had shifts and they knew that I was available.I have been working with them since 2017 and they have been nothing short of amazing.

Pros

Great Communication, Excellent Support

Avoid!!

Errors from start to finish in onboarding process. Kept asking for documentation which had already been sent to them but a distinct lack of organisation evident. Baz who did my interview online was brilliant. In the end, got fed up with being messed around and stopped process as do not feel confident with the overall service and how I was dealt with.

Pros

Interviewer great, BNA branch manager great too

Cons

Too many to mention

Insights into A24 Group

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager

waste of time

I have registered with A24 agency 9 months ago. Since then I have never worked for them. They would keep calling me to update my availability. They called me with available shift once to which I would have to go immediately so I couldn't go. Other offers of jobs were something like text this number if you are interestead doing thee month contract in nursing home on the other side of the country. So avoid! complete waste of your time ( and mine it surely was).

Official response from A24 Group

17 April 2020
Hi. Sorry to hear that you had this experience. We try to allocate the best suitable shifts for our staff at all times. Please forward us your contact details so that we can rectify this matter.

Awful

Worst company I’ve ever worked for in my 25yrs nursing. They seriously care about nothing but how much they can earn from you. Reports of care concerns, patient safety and my professional safety went completely unheard repeatedly. No support with revalidation or CPD, even had to pay them to have my revalidation statements and certificates.

Official response from A24 Group

17 April 2020
Hi. We are sorry to hear about your experience. Please forward us your contact details so that we can look into the matter immediately.

Unpredictable work pattern

I have recently returned to Ambition following a two year break, having originally worked with them for some eleven years. I returned as they needed staff for ED at Rotherham Hospital; however unfortunately the hours have recently dropped off. I have been a full time agency nurse for approximately fifteen years. Having had pretty much unlimited work throughout my first stint with Ambition, I am now struggling to get even 20 hours most weeks. This is not a reflection on the agency however; since the pay capping 'crisis' I believe most of the higher paying agencies have struggled to some extent. Certainly Ambition was a victim, which was the reason I had to leave. I feel also that being in the North of England hinders opportunities somewhat - up until my return six weeks ago I was based in the South East of England where I had plenty of work. However I do believe they work very hard to obtain as much work as possible. My booking consultants from both past and present have been absolutely fantastic - they genuinely seem to care and both did / do their upmost to look after their staff. The agency have also been known to reduce their rates but without reducing ours, in order to secure work which is an absolute anomaly with agencies. It would be so beneficial if they considered doing it more often however, at least up North, to attract more clients.

Pros

Excellent, caring booking consultants, excellent pay rates which unlike the majority of other agencies do not include annual leave pay, this is instead accumulated through the number of hours worked.

Cons

Based in Cape Town, South Africa, despite speaking English there is often a misinterpretation of conversations, which can be incredibly frustrating, registration process ardorous, in that they will often ask for additional information which was not originally requested.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at A24 Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement