ABC Teachers

ABC Teachers Employee Reviews

ABC are working with a range of good schools in the area and around. while working with them, I gained more confidence and experience from the range of schools and colleges they sent me to.They are managing placement especially the day to day very well and they give me enough notice before every booking.They understand my needs and most of the time, they send me to local schools as distance to work is very important to me. The hardest part of the job is the quick adaptation of the different policies/rules between different schools however, this could as well be the most enjoyable part to work in variety of settings which leads to more experience.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Need more work
I have worked with ABC frequently throughout my professional career and have always found them to be very supportive and friendly. They always respond to you promptly and often place you in the most appropriate role to your experience. I have found full time employment /had full time job offers made to me twice due to working on supply witb ABC initially. I love the role i have currently been placed in and feel the company is an invaluable support during this difficult and chaotic times
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Not contracted
I really like the flexibility you get with this agency and how they listen to your needs. I also had other commitments whilst working for ABC teachers and they were really understanding
Consistent work, easily contactable in the event of an issue, flexible with days worked, well paid, value the contribution you give, part of TES so plenty of training opportunities, friendly an understanding consultants and management.
Pros
Flexible days, good pay rates, any problems swiftly resolved.
Cons
Occasionally getting a last minute call.
I have worked for ABC as a primary supply for 5+ years. Work has generally been available when wanted. My consultant is helpful & flexible. I have been able to choose when & where I work quite easily & have found a handful of schools that I return to regularly.
Pros
Flexible, understanding, helpful consultants
Cons
Day rates can be lower than some other agencies
I registered with them in August 2020 and was told they had plenty of work lined up for when I was cleared to work. 6 months later I have had no work.
Pros
Cons
No work, lie about amount of work they have available, lack of communication, constantly give work that I am unable to travel to, ignore where I live and the fact that I use public transport only, disorganised.
Awful. No contact whatsoever. When I took a job to them they refused references on completion. Very patronising advisors who weren’t liked by female supply staff- you can guess why. Avoid. Pay is through umbrella. They do aim for decent rates, but still make a living off the back of teachers in the classroom.
Pros
Cons
Many
A good team. Supportive and helpful when needed. Help to solve any challenges that can arise. I would recommend for needed experience with children and challenging behaviors.
ABC Teachers are an excellent agency to work for, the pay is great, I enjoyed working for them and they found me a long term job in a school within days from when I applied. And the lady who found me the job was always there for me when I had a problem.
It was good to get a relevant post in a school that was friendly and well managed. The company who provided the post was well managed and decent when discussing possible supply posts before I agreed to working at the position found.
Stated that I wanted something closer to home as I’ve recently just moved to the area and was not familiar. Gave me a position 50 miles away! They don’t care about your needs. An hour there and back for a 4 hour shift was a joke. Also, mentioned the fact I fell pregnant so it was hard for me to travel that far, after telling them I was ignored!! No response, no phone calls, nothing!!! Absolutely disgusting. You would have thoug they had a bit more compassion. AVOID ht
Really shocking place to work, mess you around with pay, interview system is a joke they make it insanely difficult to even get employed and then give you hardly any work. The promise you the world and then you start and it is just abysmal wouldn't recommend to anyone. I think there is a reason they are always across indeed with jobs everywhere because people done want to work for them, please just stay away they are truly abysmal.
Took me on then had no work. In the space of 3 months I dealt with 3 different people as they kept leaving. First 2 promised me work, I wanted anything they had got. It was only after 2.5 months of no work the 3rd new person finally owned up and said sorry we dont have any work. I was fuming as I could have signed up with someone else. Ironically I got a full time job else where then they wouldn't stop calling saying they had loads of work!!
Always received work from the guys in the office. Each school was supportive and asked me back Got to know the teachers and staff and build a good working relationship
I have been kept very busy with work from this supply agency. Where possible they let me know the day or week before and I have also had long term contracts.
I have found ABC Teachers a pleasure to work for. The staff are friendly and professional and you can trust them. The consultants listen to you and ensure that you are well suited to the school placements. I have always been offered lots of work through ABC Teachers and I have always been paid promptly. They are an outstanding Teacher Agency who are committed to doing their best for you, the school environment and ultimately the children.
Pros
Lots of work and you can talk to your consultant at any time.
Cons
Don't get paid during school holidays.
I am currently employed by this company and I would highly recommend them.My consultant has and continues to be extremely helpful and supportive in ensuring I'm ok and always answers any of my questions as soon as possible.I have regular updates to discuss any concerns I may have and if not just to touch base.ABC are the most proffesional agency I have worked for and also the most genuine too.They really listen to your requirements and do their very best to deliver.I rate my consultant as outstanding,he is a credit to the company.
Pros
Salary and flexibility
Cons
no pay during school holidays, bank holidays too.
They are excellent to there employees, great customer care. Willing to listen and sort out situations quickly. They are very caring, they always got me work.
Pros
Usually get continuous work
Cons
Sometimes the jobs aren't available after a team holiday
Flexibility you can work when you want to so say you only can work 2 days one week then the next week you can work the 5 days then you can do that. You also teach different subjects ranging from science to performing arts
Pros
good pay
Cons
don`t get paid if there isn't any cover available
Abc teachers seem to pay whatever they feel like regardless of what was agreed. Cowboys don't use. when questions are asked regarding pay you will.be passed from one person to the next. The recruitment consultants here don't seem to be answerable.
Pros
Cons
dishonest
enjoyed working with ABC. They are very accommodating and hard working. Working with them as a supply teacher, looking forward to doing more work with them.
  1. Employee reviews