ABC Teachers logo
ABC Teachers

ABC Teachers Employee Reviews

Standard agency

Bad organisation with administration, took a long time to be on their books, passed round 3-4 people communicating via email. The first teaching agency I signed to, but the last to get me work. Signed with 2 other agencies in between, and they were super quick handling of paperwork and background checks. Most schools I received are 30 mins plus drive away and with the pay it does not include travel expenses, which is quite low as a qualified teacher compared to my other two agencies. Teaching assistant jobs are paid half the rate as a teaching supply job. Some schools planning are more vague than others, but the agency follows up with a phone call asking if I want to go back to the same school again.

Pros

3/5 days work even during covid times. Paid weekly in arrears.

Cons

Not enough pay compared to other teaching agencies. Holiday pay included in the day rate.

Bad

Very unhelpful, rude and they pay no attention to what qualifications an employee has. The job was far and they did not try to offering other jobs. I am unhappy.

Pros

No pros

Cons

Contract with no rights

Good support

I enjoyed working for ABC teachers it was a shame I had an accident as I had work to return to they rang me day before if they could available if you were not sure about anything sorted DBS also .

Pros

Friendly staff

Cons

Did have to be outside for break times and some of lunch time

approachable consultants.

ABC sent teachers to schools and there is no typical day, it depends on individual schools. The hardest part of the job is when one is doing day to day because work is not guaranteed but one has to still get up early, get ready and wait.

Pros

The care about their teachers. They have furloughed their staff during the lockdown.

Cons

no job security for supply stuff

Understanding and supportive workplace

ABC are working with a range of good schools in the area and around. while working with them, I gained more confidence and experience from the range of schools and colleges they sent me to.They are managing placement especially the day to day very well and they give me enough notice before every booking.They understand my needs and most of the time, they send me to local schools as distance to work is very important to me. The hardest part of the job is the quick adaptation of the different policies/rules between different schools however, this could as well be the most enjoyable part to work in variety of settings which leads to more experience.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Need more work

Reliable company and supportive team

I have worked with ABC frequently throughout my professional career and have always found them to be very supportive and friendly. They always respond to you promptly and often place you in the most appropriate role to your experience. I have found full time employment /had full time job offers made to me twice due to working on supply witb ABC initially. I love the role i have currently been placed in and feel the company is an invaluable support during this difficult and chaotic times

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

Not contracted

Brilliant agency

I really like the flexibility you get with this agency and how they listen to your needs. I also had other commitments whilst working for ABC teachers and they were really understanding

Professional and caring

Consistent work, easily contactable in the event of an issue, flexible with days worked, well paid, value the contribution you give, part of TES so plenty of training opportunities, friendly an understanding consultants and management.

Pros

Flexible days, good pay rates, any problems swiftly resolved.

Cons

Occasionally getting a last minute call.

Helpful and flexible

I have worked for ABC as a primary supply for 5+ years. Work has generally been available when wanted. My consultant is helpful & flexible. I have been able to choose when & where I work quite easily & have found a handful of schools that I return to regularly.

Pros

Flexible, understanding, helpful consultants

Cons

Day rates can be lower than some other agencies

Yet to receive work 6 months later

I registered with them in August 2020 and was told they had plenty of work lined up for when I was cleared to work. 6 months later I have had no work.

Pros

Cons

No work, lie about amount of work they have available, lack of communication, constantly give work that I am unable to travel to, ignore where I live and the fact that I use public transport only, disorganised.

Jobs at ABC Teachers

See more jobs

Supply- no work- useless- don’t give references

Awful. No contact whatsoever. When I took a job to them they refused references on completion. Very patronising advisors who weren’t liked by female supply staff- you can guess why. Avoid. Pay is through umbrella. They do aim for decent rates, but still make a living off the back of teachers in the classroom.

Pros

Cons

Many

Hands on, fun job role and very supportive team

A good team. Supportive and helpful when needed. Help to solve any challenges that can arise. I would recommend for needed experience with children and challenging behaviors.

A good agency to work for i had an excellent job with them.

ABC Teachers are an excellent agency to work for, the pay is great, I enjoyed working for them and they found me a long term job in a school within days from when I applied. And the lady who found me the job was always there for me when I had a problem.

Supply teacher

It was good to get a relevant post in a school that was friendly and well managed. The company who provided the post was well managed and decent when discussing possible supply posts before I agreed to working at the position found.

Useless

Stated that I wanted something closer to home as I’ve recently just moved to the area and was not familiar. Gave me a position 50 miles away! They don’t care about your needs. An hour there and back for a 4 hour shift was a joke. Also, mentioned the fact I fell pregnant so it was hard for me to travel that far, after telling them I was ignored!! No response, no phone calls, nothing!!! Absolutely disgusting. You would have thoug they had a bit more compassion. AVOID ht

Awful Workplace

Really shocking place to work, mess you around with pay, interview system is a joke they make it insanely difficult to even get employed and then give you hardly any work. The promise you the world and then you start and it is just abysmal wouldn't recommend to anyone. I think there is a reason they are always across indeed with jobs everywhere because people done want to work for them, please just stay away they are truly abysmal.

Useless

Took me on then had no work. In the space of 3 months I dealt with 3 different people as they kept leaving. First 2 promised me work, I wanted anything they had got. It was only after 2.5 months of no work the 3rd new person finally owned up and said sorry we dont have any work. I was fuming as I could have signed up with someone else. Ironically I got a full time job else where then they wouldn't stop calling saying they had loads of work!!

Excellent

Always received work from the guys in the office. Each school was supportive and asked me back Got to know the teachers and staff and build a good working relationship

Plenty of work

I have been kept very busy with work from this supply agency. Where possible they let me know the day or week before and I have also had long term contracts.

ABC Teachers are excellent.

I have found ABC Teachers a pleasure to work for. The staff are friendly and professional and you can trust them. The consultants listen to you and ensure that you are well suited to the school placements. I have always been offered lots of work through ABC Teachers and I have always been paid promptly. They are an outstanding Teacher Agency who are committed to doing their best for you, the school environment and ultimately the children.

Pros

Lots of work and you can talk to your consultant at any time.

Cons

Don't get paid during school holidays.

friendly and helpful team who always phone back if they are busy or out of the office.plenty of work offered in my first year.Above all the team list

I am currently employed by this company and I would highly recommend them.My consultant has and continues to be extremely helpful and supportive in ensuring I'm ok and always answers any of my questions as soon as possible.I have regular updates to discuss any concerns I may have and if not just to touch base.ABC are the most proffesional agency I have worked for and also the most genuine too.They really listen to your requirements and do their very best to deliver.I rate my consultant as outstanding,he is a credit to the company.

Pros

Salary and flexibility

Cons

no pay during school holidays, bank holidays too.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ABC Teachers. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0Job security/advancement