ACS International Schools

ACS International Schools Employee Reviews

3.7Pay & benefits

Corporate old school workplace

If you are looking for a very corporate culture this is the place for you. It is a very formal environment, with rigid rules. No working from home policy and a regular staff turnover

Pros

Great site and supportive team, free parking and discounted lunch. Fair salary

Cons

Atmosphere can be negative and overly formal

Lot of bullying from the managers and also some of the staff

Managers especially in the facilities department don’t care about you well being don’t take bullying seriously And a lot of malicious grossing within the department from other trades people

Pros

Nice school to work

Too restrictive

ACS International is a great company to work for. My only concern was that everybody was over managed and it meant that many great ideas and initiatives were never followed through.

Pros

Staff appreciation intiatives

Cons

Distance to travel

Pleasant campus & staff & great place to hone IT Skills

Pleasant campus and staff who really care for the development of the students. Lots of hands on experience in Networking and MDM management & cross campus support

Pros

Nice campus & Sporting Facilities

Cons

IT does not have the same holidays as the rest of staff

Great environment to work, everyday presented different challenges

I would start my day working on smaller projects this would include VLE/Intranet and website updates, supporting staff with website issues and fixing, Later in the day work on bigger projects such as website rebuilds, consulting with software suppliers, meetings were I was needed. I learned to work under pressure and prioritize what was important and to manage my workload effectively without being swayed from tasks also to listen and empathize with colleagues. I worked with project managers and managers from around the organization but wasn't afraid to speak up if I felt something wasn't a good idea always in a calm professional manner. The culture was busy, open, passionate but always room for a little fun. The hardest part was red tape and a lot of opinions with no clear hierarchy and fear of moving forward. The most enjoyable part of the job was the varied people I would work with and the conversations and respect I had in the organization.

Pros

Cheap lunches, sports centre, golf course and the beautifully kept gardens.

Cons

Productive and fun work place

I have enjoyed working in ACS school. It was so rewarding especially working with the pupils. I have learned to be more organized and meeting the dead line. and work very well under pressure. The hardest part of the job is to be harsh at time with pupils, cause I was very soft and treated them as my kids.

Very varied job, dealing with parents, students and external visitors. Arranging travel, secretarial support and extensive diary management for the Head of IT and his team.

Pros

Free parking, subsidised lunches

Cons

Long commute

fast-paced environment, fun and some of the most beautiful place to work.

As a leading group of International Schools, ACS has an ever-changing IT environment with peak-time work cycles and challenges associated with constant change and conflicting demands.My responsibilities included the setup, configuration, maintenance and systems administration of Apple Mac OSX based desktop, portable and server systems, related software, CISCO network switches, Juniper/Trapeze WiFi infrastructure and peripherals.Worked on a variety of technology implementation projects from design to a successful completionDeal with infrastructure related support requests escalate to bespoke Service Desk System, ensure a timely problem resolution and follow-up.Provide 2nd level technical support across the 3 Uk campus for academic, administrative staff and students, solving problems and documenting procedures.Problem solve and prioritise whilst making effective decisions, demonstrating initiative, organisation, reasoning and judgement.

Jobs at ACS International Schools