AECOM

AECOM Employee Reviews

I didn’t really work here but I did have my work experience here at AECOM for 3 weeks where I was basically entitled as a adult and which made me gain a lot of work experience
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Very cold unfriendly environment. Everyone working in silo. Management are not empowered to make decisions. Senior management are extremely indecisive and have an unclear strategy. Very 'old school' and not willing to change from old practices that have been followed for years. Benefits are not competitive in the industry and hesitant to bring in younger aspiring talent into senior positions as you have to have the correct number of years experience. Will always be behind its competitors.
Pros
Work/life balance but no different than others in the industry
Cons
Resistant to change, average benefits not progressive
Great sense of team spirit at AECOM. Plenty of optional subsidised activities after work to engage with colleagues. Flexi-time was great so it wasn't a problem if you arrived later than 9am as long as you did your hours.
Awful bullying management, once over 45 you’re finished - or been there a couple of years. No loyalty on either side. Upside is good projects and some great colleagues at the top of their game prepare to work from home
Pros
Flexible
Cons
No security or loyalty to staff
Good work place with poor management. Problems within team management and budgeting. Low salaries. lack of communication between different layers of management .
There is very little time for job/life balance. Very exciting projects and employs great technical people. There is opportunity to move around but career progression is limited to those who can win business.
The management seem to lurch from one great idea to the next, not achieving what they set out to do. The silo culture results in a lot of missed opportunities for a better client solution and better projects overall.
imagine an unorganised business of 10 people. Now multiple that by 10,000 and you have AECOM Don’t believe the flexible working hype. In reality management say no and are not flexible
Pros
Salary
Cons
Selling your soul, boredom, zero power ogressuon, bullying!
Learned how to become a competent engineer, put me through my qualifications was a nice place to work. The management team however doesn't appreciate the work put in and is reflected in performance reviews
If you can start young here and work your way up the posibilites seem very good and they obviously reward loyalty , if you come to this company at a mid point in your career there doesn't seem to be the same support. Very little to no training , very little to no feedback from middle management . Its a shame because the offerings of the company and the ethos they want to spread is very positive , it just doesn't seem to get implemented
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at AECOM?
Good company to work for as long as your business unit is making a lot of money for the shareholders. No / low reward. No / low promotion Apraisal system is typical bell curve
The company is very large circa 100 000 personnel worldwide therefore a culture of being nothing more than a worker ant or number prevails. Salaries are not market competitive and annual increases usually fall below annual inflation.
Good environement but work was not what i expected it to be. good benefits scheme and work life balance. I wanted to pursue a different line of work.
Nice workplace, with fast paced collaborative team culture. Company offers opportunity and development along with overseas placements. Would recommend as an employer.
The staff are all really friendly. Plenty of work breaks and an onsite cafe. The brekas were designated to you at certain time throughout the day, Plenty of rest rooms and facilities available to the employees.
Fantastic opportunity’s at AECOM! It’s more than a job offer because you Can really build yourself an actual career with them. Unfortunately I wasn’t there for long due to personal reasons but overall great opportunity’s
Started off as being a very wonderful place to work but over time I realised that there is no room to progress your career. In the end there isn't were job cuts, new bosses and no morale.
I overall loved my time at the company. All the staff there were very welcoming and friendly. The atmosphere around the offices were very pleasant and I would be delighted to work there again.
What I would usually do is I would shadow a manager, and he would show me techniques that he would use and show the day to day of a office job life. what I enjoyed about that job is learning more about others and how they enjoy there time there.
Pleasant and accommodating dealing whit all aspects of the logistic on site as well as supervising finishing works such as painting and decorating , bricklaing ,carpentry works finished and temporary and dealing whit the H&SE of the site
The Company manages Major Projects in many countries , covering AECOM designs, builds, finances and operates infrastructure assets in more than 150 countries. From high-performance buildings and infrastructure, to resilient communities and environments, to stable and secure nations, their work is transformative, differentiated and vital.
Pros
Good work is rewarded
Cons
Pressure to meet Targets
  1. Employee reviews