AIG

AIG Employee Reviews

United Kingdom93 reviews

Found 93 reviews matching the searchSee all 4,237 reviews

Inclusive culture

To be fair, this company tries really hard to be inclusive, diverse, understanding everyone's situation. I value it a lot. During pandemic, the company was very kind to employees, tried a lot to help to improve working condition at home for everyone. I am grateful for that. One thing that AIG is lacking of is that training - most of the things are learnt at job, which is OK but some certain things need to be introduced and taught by professionals.

Pros

Very kind and inclusive culture

Cons

not enough training

Fast moving fun place to work

I still have so many friends from my time at AIG.I think that sums it up.Great people who work hard and play hard.I would happily go back and work there again.

Work moved to Lithuania

Lots of people were sacked and an overseas call centre was given their work. It was handled well but there's no job security there. They paid for a new system and trained staff then sacked them?

Pros

None really

Cons

Used

Great company

The pay was low and also being on a contract was difficult.Training was great and management were very supportive and they looked after us.Job was varied and interesting.

Pros

Working From Home

Cons

Low pay

Understanding, casual and highly recommended.

AIG Life were a great company to work for. With a relaxed dress code, free (good) coffee and breakfast, as well as bring your dog to work days once a month. They give bank holidays off, you finish at 5pm on a Friday, there's no weekends and they constantly treat you well and make you feel valued.Unfortunately, I started my job with AIG Life in February of 2020, so I got to enjoy exactly one "bring your dog to work day" and several cups of free (and good) coffee, before the pandemic hit and we were all working from home. I had 3 weeks of training, one of actual working and then I was cooped up in my room for a year with a phone and headset working remotely.AIG Life did a fantastic job of getting all the home working organised, we were all set up within a day or two and my experience was very smooth. Unfortunately, it would turn out that WFH is not for me as I did not have a dedicated workspace and found it hard to separate work from leisure, which is why I eventually left. Had this not been the case, I imagine I'd still be there today.The work is very volume focused, calls and stats are monitored closely and discussed regularly. While they are not too pushy in regards to numbers, there is encouragement to try and answer more calls and deal with them quickly. Great for goal-focused people who want to see their numbers improve.

Pros

Free from-the-bean coffee, free breakfast, bring your dog to work day, casual dress code, relaxed and approachable management.

Cons

No on site facilities for lunch, office is a bit outdated, VERY limited on-site parking, hectic and stressful at times.

Very Clique...

Avoid at all costs!Poor leadership Poor middle management Racist undertonesImpossible targets If your face fits then ability to do the job is disregarded.

Pros

Cons

Very long hours

Very organised environment

As a QA, was given much responsibility. From deployment, providing signoff, coordinating Regression Week for Production release, Automation testing through FATA using Selenium Web driver, to acting as Scrum master for my team. Was a great learning curve to my career. Excellent management but not flexible with working from home.

Awful

Expected 100% accuracy 100% attendance no exception. I worked at 98% accuracy and was disciplined and management ensured i was isolated from discussing with anybody

Prefer not to say

The work and environment was not for me - but I am sure that others would like it. Most of the people that I met there were friendly, helpful and knowledgeable.

Beautiful memories

it is very well organised company I learned lots of things there The hardest part you are always busy the most enjoyable thing it is an international company

Really nice place to work

I really enjoyed working for AIG. The environment was nice to work in and I always knew what I had to be doing. The work was fair although there was time limits on work they were very good at making sure you achieved your targets!

Fast working environment

A productive workplace that employs staff that will always aim to complete their roles by being organised. The employees also work as a team by ensuring that other team members are coping with the tasks that they are given.

Productive and alright.

Management was alright. But with often changing chain of command, confusion over what's being asked. Regardless supportive environment created by some professional and experienced individuals.

productive

I did not like working for AIG as the training was not very good for me.I did not get much support from them so I decided to leave to leave the compagnie.

Ok

It was OK and the people were friendly and helped me whenever I asked. I would recommend anyone to work there. I enjoyed working in insurance for a short time

Script reading

Reading scripts all day was boring, the managers were mainly poor but one was nice, the other staff were generally ok as we were all suffering the same thing together, which brought us together. Our mutual hate of our job kind of brought a macabre humour to our time there. In the end redundancy got alot of people and they tried to save money by avoid paying out our bonuses. Penny pinching, mean spirited losers.

Never a dull moment

This company supports flexible working so you are able to work and be a parent and/or career. There is great exposure to learn new skills to enable you to perfom better. It is a competitive environemtn with a work hard culture.

Good Place to Work

Aig were agood employer, I worked for a fast paced citrix team who were always on point for latest technology. Good standard of profesionalism, good work atmosphere, good work live balance ethos.

Easy work and relaxed atmosphere, little progression

The role is easy to understand not especially challenging, there is little room to move up though. There is very little engagement with management or any sense of office community.

Innovative financial services

At the time I was there it was a great place to work but staffing very much on the young side, so very young culture. Could benefit from more age diversity. Was an extremely dynamic, fast moving, creative, innovative and refreshingly exciting place to work when Sales & Marketing were aligned. As a results products launched and results achieved very quickly.

Productive and fun workplace

Is a comfortable work place. We all work in a busy environment, however we have learned how to prioritize steps to keep offering an high class of customer service to our customers. We do manage new claim's cases which are based on medical loss mainly, however we provide assistance to our customers for every other enquirers for example: personal belonging loss, travel delay, flight cancellation and everything it may happen while the client is traveling. I have learned the insurance's industry policies, how to deal with customer by phone when assisting in a claim, the formal communication by email, how to recognize suspicious emails or requests and much more. The workplace culture runs around accuracy, attention to details, avoiding leakages, and most important providing an excellent customer service. The hardest part of the job is the time schedule which is 4 nights per week for 12 hours at night: 8pm to 8am. The best part of the job and the most enjoyable, is to keep good relation with customers and building trust with them so that we can deliver an excellent impression about the company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AIG. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement