AIG

AIG Employee Reviews

Expected 100% accuracy 100% attendance no exception. I worked at 98% accuracy and was disciplined and management ensured i was isolated from discussing with anybody
Avoid at all costs!Poor leadership Poor middle management Racist undertonesImpossible targets If your face fits then ability to do the job is disregarded.
Pros
Cons
Very long hours
As a QA, was given much responsibility. From deployment, providing signoff, coordinating Regression Week for Production release, Automation testing through FATA using Selenium Web driver, to acting as Scrum master for my team. Was a great learning curve to my career. Excellent management but not flexible with working from home.
The work and environment was not for me - but I am sure that others would like it. Most of the people that I met there were friendly, helpful and knowledgeable.
it is very well organised company I learned lots of things there The hardest part you are always busy the most enjoyable thing it is an international company
I really enjoyed working for AIG. The environment was nice to work in and I always knew what I had to be doing. The work was fair although there was time limits on work they were very good at making sure you achieved your targets!
A productive workplace that employs staff that will always aim to complete their roles by being organised. The employees also work as a team by ensuring that other team members are coping with the tasks that they are given.
I did not like working for AIG as the training was not very good for me.I did not get much support from them so I decided to leave to leave the compagnie.
It was OK and the people were friendly and helped me whenever I asked. I would recommend anyone to work there. I enjoyed working in insurance for a short time
Reading scripts all day was boring, the managers were mainly poor but one was nice, the other staff were generally ok as we were all suffering the same thing together, which brought us together. Our mutual hate of our job kind of brought a macabre humour to our time there. In the end redundancy got alot of people and they tried to save money by avoid paying out our bonuses. Penny pinching, mean spirited losers.
Aig were agood employer, I worked for a fast paced citrix team who were always on point for latest technology. Good standard of profesionalism, good work atmosphere, good work live balance ethos.
The role is easy to understand not especially challenging, there is little room to move up though. There is very little engagement with management or any sense of office community.
At the time I was there it was a great place to work but staffing very much on the young side, so very young culture. Could benefit from more age diversity. Was an extremely dynamic, fast moving, creative, innovative and refreshingly exciting place to work when Sales & Marketing were aligned. As a results products launched and results achieved very quickly.
Is a comfortable work place. We all work in a busy environment, however we have learned how to prioritize steps to keep offering an high class of customer service to our customers. We do manage new claim's cases which are based on medical loss mainly, however we provide assistance to our customers for every other enquirers for example: personal belonging loss, travel delay, flight cancellation and everything it may happen while the client is traveling. I have learned the insurance's industry policies, how to deal with customer by phone when assisting in a claim, the formal communication by email, how to recognize suspicious emails or requests and much more. The workplace culture runs around accuracy, attention to details, avoiding leakages, and most important providing an excellent customer service. The hardest part of the job is the time schedule which is 4 nights per week for 12 hours at night: 8pm to 8am. The best part of the job and the most enjoyable, is to keep good relation with customers and building trust with them so that we can deliver an excellent impression about the company.
Vast differences in flexible working and treatment of employees across the organisation. Managers focus on own career ambitions/goals and people are routinely employed due to who they know rather than experience. It really depends on what part of the organisation you work for.
Pros
Growing business, good experience
Cons
HR practices differ in departments/sections of the company
AIG Life in Reigate used to be a great place to work, but changes in structure and management this year have turned it into a very bad place to work. Staff moral is low, there are not enough staff (they keep leaving) and long hours are expected. They have removed some good people, more are working notice periods and everyone you talk to is looking to leave.
No progression no money no support, very stressful and very poor management. Nobody is happy. People are leaving one after another. Micro management in some teams.
Good people and enjoyable company to work for. Enjoyed the AIG culture Happy with management and support Opportunities for advancement Salary/benefits were adequate - bonus was competitive
Hated the place. They had these random stand up things whereby you had to say what you were aiming to do that day, then again another before you left, on what was achieved. You had to rate your mood too - happy, sad etc & say why you felt that way! Such a strange place. No home/work balance! I felt like I was at school!
AIG take real care when it comes to making it a fun environment to work with constant events like a summer social, halloween games and a Christmas party. The salary is good for someone starting out and in this kind of call centre role. Being in the customer service role you are provided very good training to help you with your daily work.
Dull and did not provide career progression. The company was not forward thinking. During my time there was no allowance for career development or any other avenues of interest not directly related to the role. No real sense of community or job satisfaction.
  1. Employee reviews