AXA UK
Happiness score is 46 out of 100

AXA UK Employee Reviews

United Kingdom363 reviews

Productive,helpful &fun workplace

Ive enjoyed working with AXA. Training period was very professional and they make sure you know the subject before going live on calls. Everything is well organised and team members are helpful. But management was not so friendly. I got to learn something new on Motor breakdown.

Pros

Flexible working hours, Good training, Professional

Cons

Management is not so friendly and helpful

7 June 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, it's great to hear you enjoyed your time with AXA!

Terrible

You have to shed blood sweat & tears before you get any sort of recognition. You’ll only get opportunities if you’re considered a favourite in the department.

Insights into AXA UK

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Energising work tasks
  • Sense of belonging

Not the best

Worked for AXA for 8 years and it was great at the start but then you get more work put on you for the same pay, management are not interested on pay rises yet wouldn't have a business without the staff!!!

Okay workplace

It was okay could pay better and quite repetitive. Hybrid working which is good but makes you dread wanting to go in the office as the days drag. Pretty much just answer calls and emails all day so can be boring.

7 June 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. AXA employees value our hybrid work approach and benefit from a balance of office and home working.

Underpaid and undervalued

Not paid fairly when compared across the industry. Not valued by upper management and management in claims offices treat people like they are at school. Worked for AXA for 6 years and what started off as a good working environment dramatically went down hill because they do not know how to keep hold of their valued staff.

The people make it a good place to work.

All of the employees from management to ground level are treated equally and respectfully. I first interviewed in 2017 made redundant in 2019 and went in sideways a second time through an agency.The team managers are generally good as long as you stick to your agreed contract. Do what is expected and do it well and life is easy at AXA. However the very top levels of management don't seem to realise that working First Notification Of Loss or recovery, any first contact for the insured is severely under paid in comparison to those in the company who bring the commercial business.Axa are one of the most expensive companies to insure with and working for AXA is still to expensive . No employee can afford AXA insurance, so this is what to expect.Loyalty in any large corporation is rare and dont expect to stay that long if redundancy starts in close departments at AXA. The claims call centre is managed a little to strongly for a team of adults in my opinion. Call time monitors are like hall monitors or the support teacher standing over you in the detention class, annoying when you have years of experience and remember them coming in new.In all it can be a fun place to work (excluding lock down home working), good night life as the pubs are on the door step in Birmingham City. If you knuckle down and do a good job and stick to your contract you can progress.

7 June 2022

Massive wage and bonus divide. Very conservative

Large open plan working. Canteen. Very young company with large turnover of staff. Development prospects. Internal movement, secondments. Car parking on site.

Pros

Hybrid working

Cons

Who you know not what you know is standard.

Lack of diversity

No investment in internal talent wasn't even considered for my managers role when they were promoted. I was told I did not have enough experience even though I've always expressed my desire to develop and take on more responsibility. Fortunately I left to secure a more senior role. No diversity particularly in HR even though they always go on about DE&I, it's just to tick boxes.

Pros

Work from home, I didn't have to see my manager throughout the whole pandemic.

Cons

Your face has to fit to get promoted and development investment.

Great benefits, culture needs work

They are trying hard. The company culture though is lacking, too much focus on hierarchy and decision making is complicated and lack of simplicity in business functions.

Pros

Benefits, work life balance

Cons

Too much complexity

Very poorly paid

I can’t recommend as the salary is simply not fair for the skill set required. Not encouraged to continue your education and constant management and personnel changes.

Pros

Flexible working

Cons

Pay and management

Good starter job

Great start company if you want to see if the field for you, very supportive in learning but not much progression and low pay in the industry. Good people around.

Good company to work for but don’t expect a promotion

Salary is not great but the extras like private health insurance and AXA product discount are worthwhile.Very clicky, with no real chance to get a promotion they will ask you to do a lot of extra tasks but will not award you for that.

Great people, but a slow culture

I have been at AXA for over 5 years and find the people very supportive, however it can be a very slow organisation. This can be frustrating and stunts growth.

Pros

Good work / life balance

Cons

Too slow and hard to progress / develop.

Okay for short term contract

If you’re looking for a short term job then it’s great to get some money behind you but as a long term job it drains the life out of you. Money is okay and some of the people are friendly but not worth it for a long term career

Pros

Free coffee, rotas 6 months in advance

Cons

Long hours, subpar support from management

Customer service

Worked in a back end customer role. I had excellent training and moved up in role fairly quickly. I would recommend. Annual pay review. Nice colleagues.

Pros

Flexible working hours

Cons

Some managers not great

Micromanaged.

AXA is a place which does offer a lot of opportunities but unfortunately they do prefer to hire externally so your chances of progression is slim to none

Get on with it

Decent place to work, one of the more bare able call centre. Things have got more stricter as the years have went on but overall I have no complaints. Staff are good and colleagues help you through the day. Would recommend

Pros

60% off car insurance, free meals and good work life balance (perfect for someone with a family)

Cons

Heavy work load, constant changes in compliance and stats. (Just get on with it)

Good Experience working at AXA

Overall good experience to work here and learn a new skill, unfortunately, lost a job due to covid -19. they couldn't offer me work from home due to my contract.

Stressful and overworked

The main issue is the bullying from management! It is fundamentally the biggest downfall to working here. Particular individuals who will go out of their way to pick at everything you do for their own gratification and go to every extent to have you removed or leave the company if your not fitting the target! Numerous colleagues have left due to this or their mental health being cruelly used against them - not great for a healthcare company. The job itself is not for the faint hearted, it will be constant and some days you have no time to breathe. Customers are no longer the forefront of AXA as the processes are just ridiculous. In all honestly I wouldn’t recommend a company I gave 10+ years to as the anxiety and stress mangers can put you through isn’t worth it.

Pros

Healthcare & Colleagues

Cons

Poor pay, over worked, under appreciated, bad management

Not good for your health!

Inequality in wages across different sites for same role. Management do not want to know. Decent pension contribution and healthcare if that’s your thing.

Pros

Flexible working.

Cons

Micromanagement. Inequality. No progression.

Stressful and poor training

Poor training and very stressful job Very understaffedHigh turnover of trainees as many decide it’s not for them .Money was not as advertised and the promise of office furniture was not upheld

Pros

Free coffee

Cons

Very stressful

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AXA UK. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement