AXA
Happiness score is 51 out of 100

Working at AXA: 18 AXA Reviews

United Kingdom18 reviews

Found 18 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,449 reviews

Not bad for remote working

Once you get the hang of it and the nature of the work it's fine. There's pressure from managers to meet targets but it's a private firm so as you'd expect. There best part of working here was the feeling part of a team with your co-workers even though they could be at the opposite end of the country to you.

Was great until outsourced

Good company, highly skilled motivated employees, until outsourced. Now the company is losing its core people and skill base. Remaining staff are disgruntled, unmotivated, feel let down…..consequently leaving in numbers.

Insights into AXA

Areas for improvement
  • Energising work tasks
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Sense of belonging

Stressful

Poor upper management led to stressful working conditions. Definitely a "if your liked then you advance" environment. Made to pay back minutes if you are late but have to accumulte time to get it back at a later date if you work over. Be prepared to be put on a guilt trip if you ever have a day off sick. All in all a very toxic environment to work in.

Pros

Some shift rotations are good

Cons

A very clique environment to work in, poor managment, poor reception of critical and objective feedback.

Decent

Good pay and opportunities for progression which are the best factors. The customer service advisor role has strict targets, very intensely monitored and not advertised accurately to what it actually is, training is 12 weeks and intense, you will have to learn a LOT. Calls are checked and the people who assess them are very picky.

Would not recommend working there Worst place I have ever worked

No support from management at all Can’t trust anything you are being told by management Not professional Old boys club I could go on but it’s boring Have found the perfect job now where my talent and hard work are recognised and rewarded

Pros

Can’t think of any Other than my colleagues we supported each other

Cons

Lots, long hours, expected to do three peoples job, don’t listen to any constructive feedback, work hard for no reward and promised things that they can’t deliver

Enjoyable team environment

Flexible working hours to support your personal situation.Great management of deliverables and personal development.Collaborative working across multiple teams, with everyone focussed on the same goals.Connecting with many, varied stakeholders.Most difficulty was balancing OpCo deliverables with HO deliverables.

Pros

Work-life balance

Cons

Time demands.

Always behind with keeping up with average pay for the role

Fast paced, stressful but Full time is only 35 hours and good benefits I.e pension and holiday purchase. However quite inflexible for part timers and having to work some weekends.

Pros

See above

Cons

See above

Underpaid, undervalued, overlooked.

Bournemouth seems to be completely overlooked by the executive committee. There is little integration within the bigger company. Unless your face fits or you push your way to the front, don't expect to even be acknowledged.

Pros

Perks are good if they suit your needs, If you're not into a pension and healthcare then maybe not, Hybrid working (can choose to be in the office if preferable)

Cons

You are a number. Pay isn't good.

Axa was a good place to work

It is one of the best places to work. The organisation is very friendly and professional. Except for very few of the employees not many stress you. But the work is challenging. The technology teams are global. You can move across countries if you have the right skills. I would recommend AXA to my friends. I would always recollect my days in AXA UK as the best days of my life. It was my best times of my career.

Official response from AXA

20 July 2020
Thank you so much for leaving such a positive review. It was great to read how much you enjoyed working at AXA

Great company to work for, good work-life balance

AXA gives a lot of support for personal development, nice business environment to work for, great company ethos

Customer caring company

Although AXA PPP healthcare is part of a global company, the work ethics are second to none. The staff are taught that the care of the customer is very firmly the most important thing and it's not unusual that a member of staff will go above and beyond what is generally considered good service. The company ensures that the staff are also cared for properly with many support programmes available, both physical and mental wellbeing. AXA PPP healthcare is in the forefront of developing a better and better holistic approach to a person's wellbeing.

Pros

A forward thinking, all encompassing insurance company.

muy bien

The working environment was very good. Focused on targets and structured.

Pros

life insurance

Cons

lots of break in the break room.

Project

Team from different culture background added to the exposure of gaining good insight into the project environment.................................................................

Good

Analyst

Great company to work for. They progressed you through different departments so you learn a variety of roles. They support you through your studies and reward you.

It was an excellent company to work for who really valued their employees. Tere was great development opportunities.

I managed Offshore teams in India Sometimes the travelling to India was quite hard with long days The relationships formed were very rewarding Seeing those you coached develop and grow was rewarding People and relationships were the most enjoyable part However I loved Finance month end and the results day

Pros

Felxible working, good environment, free coffee!

穫益良多

AXA China Region Insurance Company Limited是我第一份工作的公司,在這數個年頭,我除了穫得一班好同事外,我從他們身上亦學習很多,在這4年裡,我除了負責文書工作外,亦有機會接觸其他方面的嘗試。

Productive and fun workplace

This was one of the best organisations I have worked for because of the team environment, work vs personal balance and good people of like mind.

Pros

Flexible goal orientated environment

Cons

Renumeration could be better

Management and Work Balance

Management understood the situation very will and always encouraging the employees. There was a great balance between work and life.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AXA. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare AXA with

• AXA
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?