AXA

AXA Employee Reviews

The job is demanding, busy all the time. Its asking the same questions and saying the same things on every call, the only difference is the person you are speaking to. Very process driven and targets are something they talk about alot. Benefits and discounts are good. Great people to work alongside in the office.
Pros
great people to work with.
Cons
calls queues.
18 February 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your experience at AXA. Whilst it's encouraging to read that you enjoyed the benefits, discounts and people, it's sad that you've not given a positive rating overall.
If you are OK with the "team leaders" treating you like a school kid; them monitoring how long you are in the toilet for, long and unsociable hours, OK with confusing and conflicting work standards and dehumanising KPIs...then go for it. The management is pompous and doesn't care about offering any meaningful help with calls. If you have any system issues and can't login, then prepare for the management to believe you were somehow to blame.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Where to begin?
18 February 2021
As we take the well-being of our employees extremely seriously, your review is very concerning. Please do reach out to our dedicated People Services team for assistance.
18 February 2021
Taking phone calls, one after the other, all day from customers from a particular client (eg TSB) who wanted to go travelling abroad and ensure that they have the correct cover/insurance in place (especially if they wanted to do additional activities). I learnt they are very regimented, very robotic (as each claim had to be read from a script and you were marked down for missing out 1 word). You are expected to sell (but at the same time, not mis-sell), even though it should have been about providing cover. There are lots of extra costs involved to cover you for your certain sports/activities.Management I am not sure on; one team leader was an absolute snake - like an absolute angel to your face and throw you under the bus the next minute.Hardest part of the job - being something I'm not - regimented and repetitive.Most enjoyable part - some of the people I got to meet.
Pros
competition where you could win a chance of executive tickets to watch Ipswich Town FC.
Cons
Incredibly stressful, All stats orientated, Too regimented
18 February 2021
Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your time working with AXA.It is disappointing that you found the repetitive nature of the role to be to the detriment of your enjoyment of the role. Whilst it is encouraging that you enjoyed meeting some lovely people, it is not good that you had a negative experience with one of the managers. We take all feedback very seriously. Internal support continues to be available through our Learning and Development team to ensure Managers are suitably equipped to perform their roles effectively.
Employees are just a number senior management have little time or regard about how changes will affect the lower management and their teams. Poor pay apparently have to be grateful they provide a free staff car park however half the staff don't drive into work.
Pros
Cons
Poor pay, bad communication
18 February 2021
Thank you for your review. We're really sorry to read that you felt you weren't recognised properly at AXA. We constantly strive to look at ways to ensure our employees are happy and engaged. Rest assured that all the feedback we receive will be shared with the right areas of our business, wherever possible, to help us continually improve.
Worked here for 10years and it was a great place to work with great people and the versatility of the job was good too as there are many departments to work in with different skill sets that are needed. There was also the potential to work your way up. I was sad to leave and only left due to moving away.
Pros
Flexible shifts and paid appointments
Cons
Can't think of any
8 February 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your experience working for AXA. We appreciate your review and your service.
Stressful from start to finish, daily targets are unrealistic when taking call after call with no let up. Which makes the job completely awful when managers are on at you constantly. Customer's complaining because the service they have received throughout AXA is genuinely poor. You only have to look on FOS website to see the number of complaints against them. You're over worked and under paid. The work life balance is poor, working 2 weekends in 4 and working until 8pm on the late shift. Management don't really care about you as an individual. They talk a good talk and want you to believe they're a good company, making outsiders believe they care about their staff but they will grind you down until you have nothing left. You are just another number to them who can easily be replaced. If you want any hope of progressing in there you have to really suck up certain staff members. The Teesside offices are very clicky, so if your face doesn't fit expect a lot of back stabbing.
Cons
Work life balance is poor
Hurrendous pay, decent overtime when it's available. But you are just a number in a seat to management. Never listened to as an individual and management are mainly a fairly cliquey bunch. Either loved or hated, most of them share stories and brown nose too. Work place bitterness is rife
Pros
Secure job
Cons
AXA continuously add more and more targets to reduce your chance of receiving a full bonus (which is capped at ÂŁ180).For an 8 hour shift, you only get one half hour break. If you work overtime, you also only get a half an hour break even if you work a 12 hour shift.You have a target of 14% for after-call work and for managing your own breaks. The role is so busy that it is very difficult to meet the target of 14% so it is nearly impossible to take any additional breaks, even to make a cup of tea.Staff are not rewarded fairly for the hard work that they put in.
Pros
Cheap car insurance, free lunch (occasionally)
Cons
Not enough breaks, unrealistic targets
The training is good and work load is reasonable, they care for their employees. The shifts are typical 8 hour shifts and the managers are flexible.
Pros
Very flexable and understanding managers
Cons
Low pay
It's hard to describe how much I hated working here!The job starts with 6 weeks of overly complicated training with multiple tests that you need to pass or you'll fail training and be shown the door (I later learnt that you wouldn't but they need to instill the fear early). If that wasn't enough, they make you take your books home to revise in your own time or you'll be seen as not taking it seriously enough.Once out of training and on the phones, you're faced with call queues of sometimes over 100 callers waiting. Everything is scripted, so you feel like a robot reading the same thing again and again and again. You don't get any time in between calls, it's just horrendous.They also audit EVERYTHING you do. You can't breathe without it being audited or quality checked.I've been working for almost 20 years and I've NEVER suffered from panic attacks or sleepless nights until I worked here! It turned me into a nervous wreck. I'm so glad I got out!
Cons
Long shifts, slave labour, no progression, low wages
I have worked at AXA for 20+ years in the UK. I've had a varied career and thoroughly recommend AXA as a place to work. Great people. Strong strategy.
Pros
Inclusive Culture, Engaged Senior Team, Career opportunities, flexible work life balance
Cons
IT systems are out-dated and restrictive
It is a relaxed environment to work in. My personal shift pattern is suitable. Pay really low for the complexity of the job, skills needed and responsibility that it carries.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Bad pay
27 October 2020
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Our salaries are reviewed frequently and our complete rewards, benefits and wellbeing package is something we take huge pride in and is a source of much satisfaction across the majority of our colleagues.
AXA aren't as awful as we make them out to be but they are not as good as they want you to think! They want quantity over quality which drastically reduces customer satisfaction, and you are forced to work to unachievable targets. They struggle to listen to their employees needs, and forget that we are only human and not just a number. The culture there varies between teams, some are like a family, others are hostile. I did enjoy working here overall, but wish they'd have made some changes so our lives weren't miserable when they made a mistake!
Pros
Kitchen facilities
Cons
Unrealistic targets, long hours, bad management
27 October 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. All feedback is reviewed and fed back so we can continuously improve.
it’s a very emotionally harrowing job. You’re set work for 2 weeks - phone or admin - and it’s solely what you do for 8 hours a day. Phones, is non stop phone calls from upset/angry customers wanting to create claims. admin is doing the assessment of the claims, calling customers for further information which usually angers them, and potentially pushing payment to be confirmed by another team. i struggle getting help from anyone - and they constantly remind you of your work loaf and how much you’re expected to be doing , and they rate you monthly on how many mistakes you make and even write it up as a percentage. you work shift patterns between 8am and 8pm, the phones are open this time too so you could be on the phones until 8pm at night. you get two bank holidays off a year, and have to work the rest. It’s an office job without the benefits of an Office Job
Pros
free car park, opportunity for overtime, free hot drinks.
Cons
very hard to receive help and advice, long hours doing the same task for 2 weeks on end, working weekends and bank holidays, office job without the benefits of an office job
Stressful call centre type environment where your treated like kids. Seniors who aint got a clue or help out. Favouritism, unrealistic goals & bad pay.
Pros
Social life
Cons
Pay, stress, call centre, seniors, rules, favouritism
I would advise to avoid axa, nobody has your back and they dont care about staff. They blame staff for issues that are company responsible eg with the pandemic we all had to work from home they gave equipment(credit to them) but as soon as you got it they washed there hands of you knowing full well the systems were extremely poor to say the least, massive queues everyday no help. mmanage
Pros
People you meet
Cons
Management, queues, nobody has your back
27 October 2020
Thanks for taking the time to write a review. I can see that you're not feeling supported and this is something that we make great efforts not to see. If you cannot talk to your line manager there are lots of support mechanisms in place please do use those as they are there to ensure all employees are supported on a day to day basis
Very humble people working in the company had a very nice time working for the company for 2 years time to move on to something new had a lovely time at AXA
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
27 October 2020
Thank you so much for your positive review. It's great to hear that would recommend as a place to work.
A good variety role, a culture that lets you make decisions, good Management that keep you connected with what is happening within the company. A good company for reward and recognition.
Pros
Charity Social events, flexible working
27 October 2020
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It's great to hear all the things you enjoy about working with us.
Axa was a great place to work Employees are well look after, with fun activities & good incentives. Some examples are breakfast being provided, ice pops on hot days & food vans and ice cream vans being arranged if the week/month has been particularly busy opportunity for knowledge advancement, by undertaking insurance exams, which are paid for by the company & help towards salary increase.
Pros
Well looked after, family style working environment, career progression
Cons
Very busy
My team was riddled with politics and cut throat culture. Full of people who are not at all qualified to do the job. Actually the team was a helpdesk setup in the pretext that it was a proffessional DBA team.
Pros
Work Life Balanace, Job security and benefits
Cons
Worst managers and in experienced team leaders and politics
12 August 2020
We appreciate you leaving a comment, although your comments saddened us as we pride ourselves on our great culture - which was obviously not felt by you. I will feedback your comments to the relevant team.
Overall good place to work, hard work is recognised. Looking forward to developing my career at AXA and seeing where it takes me. Would definitely recommend to a friend.
20 July 2020
Thank you for leaving a review and it's great to hear you'd recommend AXA as a place to work!
  1. Employee reviews