AXA logo

AXA Employee Reviews

Work-life balance

Found 331 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,498 reviews

stressful

constant stress however the team leaders if you have the right one will help make your life easier as they do have a good support mechanism for all staff to use.

Pros

1hour lunch break and paid screen breaks

Cons

shift oatters and poor managment

Lovely workplace

I loved working at axa. Great environment , great people. Casual dress code. Access to all kinds of help. Understanding supportive people, beautiful facilities

Pros

Flexibility

My Team Was The Only Reason I Stayed

The people in my team were brilliant to work with and the managers were all approachable and friendly, however I'd be lying if I said that I enjoyed my job.The amount of pressure that was placed on us is unbelievable and unrealistic, we lost 20+ staff members during the pandemic and we were expected to pick up 40+ calls without any other assistance. No one was recruited until around September time, and they only had 2 weeks in the office after training before being told to work from home.There was zero room for growth, no opportunities provided to move up in the company unless you were friends with the managers or knew someone higher up, no reward for hard work or taking on additional tasks. Hard work got you nowhere other than being given more work to do.The team became somewhat toxic after a period of time. Very cut throat, and staff announcing they would have to log feedback about an agent who did something wrong in a claim. Certain agents would be getting away with doing literally nothing, and ignoring supervisors or managers asking for them to take calls. Having your phone out at your desk wasn't allowed, yet managers, supervisors and certain members of the team would get away with having their's out, meanwhile the rest of us would be told to pick up the calls they couldn't be bothered to get.The pay needs to be re-evaluated, for the sheer amount of work we had to do, the amount of abusive customers we would get and have to deal with calling us everything under the sun, the job isn't worth it.The hours are ridiculous, shifts can start at 7am and sometimes you'll -

Pros

Casual Dress Code, Good Canteen, Nice Team, Supportive Managers

Cons

Unsociable Hours, Low Pay, No Progression Opportunities, Abusive Customers, Toxic Enviroment, Unrealistic Expectations.

18 May 2021
Thanks for taking the time to leave a thorough review. It is very much appreciated and helps to alert and inform the HR teams of the realities of the role. We're incredibly dismayed to learn of the negative experience you encountered whilst you worked with us, which was exacerbated by the pandemic. We'll be passing on your feedback to ensure that your concerns are addressed and we will do better.

Toxic cliques

Very clicky and management expected too much from you too quickly. You had a couple days of training and after that you were on your own and would get reprimanded if you asked for help

Pros

Near retail park

Cons

Everything else

27 April 2021
Thanks for leaving a review. We're sorry to learn that you had a negative experience of your time with us and will pass on the feedback to ensure that your concerns are addressed.

Terrible

If you’re determined to ruin your mental well-being, positive working attitude and overall attitude to people, then come on and apply. It’s just the worst place to be, it’s a really b**chy environment, constantly judged. There’s no room for error and really unsupportive with mental health issues (despite being a medical insurer). You are treated like a imbecile. They expect so much of you straight away, despite there being a global pandemic, no one seems to care about your existence. You are told that you’re able to advance your career whilst you’re there but there are people who’ve been in the same role for 20 odd years. Some people are nice, but the environment is like a pressure cooker.

Pros

Some useful benefits

Cons

The job

15 April 2021
I'm really sorry to hear that you feel unsupported in your role. Please do reach out to the People Services team as soon as possible if you feel you can let us know what's going on and how best to support you. We offer a number of different support options for mental health issues, including:Be Supported Website: https://www.axabesupported.co.uk or phone line: 08000727072You can try our Mental Health First Aiders: mentalhealthfirstaid@axa-uk.co.uk or reach them directly on our intranet https://axa365.sharepoint.com/sites/axacaresukireland/SitePages/MHFA@AXA.aspxWe also have the Thrive app which you might find useful to download.

Working for AXA is very fast paced but you do get to help with people’s inquiries.The people at AXA are very friendly and supportive and the benefits are excellent.AXA really does care, and as long as you put the work in they will really support you!

Pros

great people, very supportive

Cons

alot of different information to learn quickly

15 April 2021
Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a review. It's great to see your comments and that you feel AXA cares and supports individuals.

Well run professional organisation

A very professional well run company with good calibre staff and management. Fair pay, regular feedback by Managers on performance and fun social events. Smart premises in good location.

Pros

Well run very professional company

Cons

Quite a lot of different computer systems to learn

25 March 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your time working at AXA, it's great to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and found the pay, team, managers, feedback, offices and social events to be positive. We appreciate the computer systems do take a bit of learning and we seek to improve and make things easier all the time.

Fun place to work

AXA has always been a good company to work for. i have been there for 9 years and they have treated me very well. During the pandemic they got everyone working from home as quickly as possible, offered those with children extras days off when schools shut. They are an excellent company to work for

Pros

work from home

Cons

wage at entry level

25 March 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of AXA and the way we have treated you whilst you've been with us - it's much appreciated. We're incredibly proud of the resilience of our teams shown by our teams, hence the 'Thank You' day that was offered recently, which we hope you enjoy.

Productive good place to work

Good place to work, felt safe working there and my team leader wants peoples individual personality and skills to help the team. I felt supported, looked after and the management were great at helping me keep a good work/life home balance and helped me to keep full time hours even with my disabilities.

Pros

Great support from management, good training and good work/life balance

Cons

Shift patterns

25 March 2021
Thanks so much for your review - it is fantastic for us to read that you have felt safe, valued, supported and enjoy the work/life balance the role has provided so far.

Should be named Concentration Camp

Taking phone calls, one after the other, all day from customers from a particular client (eg TSB) who wanted to go travelling abroad and ensure that they have the correct cover/insurance in place (especially if they wanted to do additional activities). I learnt they are very regimented, very robotic (as each claim had to be read from a script and you were marked down for missing out 1 word). You are expected to sell (but at the same time, not mis-sell), even though it should have been about providing cover. There are lots of extra costs involved to cover you for your certain sports/activities.Management I am not sure on; one team leader was an absolute snake - like an absolute angel to your face and throw you under the bus the next minute.Hardest part of the job - being something I'm not - regimented and repetitive.Most enjoyable part - some of the people I got to meet.

Pros

competition where you could win a chance of executive tickets to watch Ipswich Town FC.

Cons

Incredibly stressful, All stats orientated, Too regimented

18 February 2021
Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your time working with AXA.It is disappointing that you found the repetitive nature of the role to be to the detriment of your enjoyment of the role. Whilst it is encouraging that you enjoyed meeting some lovely people, it is not good that you had a negative experience with one of the managers. We take all feedback very seriously. Internal support continues to be available through our Learning and Development team to ensure Managers are suitably equipped to perform their roles effectively.

Jobs at AXA

See more jobs

Employees just a number

Employees are just a number senior management have little time or regard about how changes will affect the lower management and their teams. Poor pay apparently have to be grateful they provide a free staff car park however half the staff don't drive into work.

Pros

Cons

Poor pay, bad communication

18 February 2021
Thank you for your review. We're really sorry to read that you felt you weren't recognised properly at AXA. We constantly strive to look at ways to ensure our employees are happy and engaged. Rest assured that all the feedback we receive will be shared with the right areas of our business, wherever possible, to help us continually improve.

Great people and place to work

Worked here for 10years and it was a great place to work with great people and the versatility of the job was good too as there are many departments to work in with different skill sets that are needed. There was also the potential to work your way up. I was sad to leave and only left due to moving away.

Pros

Flexible shifts and paid appointments

Cons

Can't think of any

8 February 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your experience working for AXA. We appreciate your review and your service.

if you used to being busy......

The job is demanding, busy all the time. Its asking the same questions and saying the same things on every call, the only difference is the person you are speaking to. Very process driven and targets are something they talk about alot. Benefits and discounts are good. Great people to work alongside in the office.

Pros

great people to work with.

Cons

calls queues.

18 February 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your experience at AXA. Whilst it's encouraging to read that you enjoyed the benefits, discounts and people, it's sad that you've not given a positive rating overall.

Avoid!

Stressful from start to finish, daily targets are unrealistic when taking call after call with no let up. Which makes the job completely awful when managers are on at you constantly. Customer's complaining because the service they have received throughout AXA is genuinely poor. You only have to look on FOS website to see the number of complaints against them. You're over worked and under paid. The work life balance is poor, working 2 weekends in 4 and working until 8pm on the late shift. Management don't really care about you as an individual. They talk a good talk and want you to believe they're a good company, making outsiders believe they care about their staff but they will grind you down until you have nothing left. You are just another number to them who can easily be replaced. If you want any hope of progressing in there you have to really suck up certain staff members. The Teesside offices are very clicky, so if your face doesn't fit expect a lot of back stabbing.

Cons

Work life balance is poor

Just a number to the company

Hurrendous pay, decent overtime when it's available. But you are just a number in a seat to management. Never listened to as an individual and management are mainly a fairly cliquey bunch. Either loved or hated, most of them share stories and brown nose too. Work place bitterness is rife

Pros

Secure job

Cons

Too many targets and unfair breaks

AXA continuously add more and more targets to reduce your chance of receiving a full bonus (which is capped at ÂŁ180).For an 8 hour shift, you only get one half hour break. If you work overtime, you also only get a half an hour break even if you work a 12 hour shift.You have a target of 14% for after-call work and for managing your own breaks. The role is so busy that it is very difficult to meet the target of 14% so it is nearly impossible to take any additional breaks, even to make a cup of tea.Staff are not rewarded fairly for the hard work that they put in.

Pros

Cheap car insurance, free lunch (occasionally)

Cons

Not enough breaks, unrealistic targets

Great place and people

The training is good and work load is reasonable, they care for their employees. The shifts are typical 8 hour shifts and the managers are flexible.

Pros

Very flexable and understanding managers

Cons

Low pay

The worst job I've ever had

It's hard to describe how much I hated working here!The job starts with 6 weeks of overly complicated training with multiple tests that you need to pass or you'll fail training and be shown the door (I later learnt that you wouldn't but they need to instill the fear early). If that wasn't enough, they make you take your books home to revise in your own time or you'll be seen as not taking it seriously enough.Once out of training and on the phones, you're faced with call queues of sometimes over 100 callers waiting. Everything is scripted, so you feel like a robot reading the same thing again and again and again. You don't get any time in between calls, it's just horrendous.They also audit EVERYTHING you do. You can't breathe without it being audited or quality checked.I've been working for almost 20 years and I've NEVER suffered from panic attacks or sleepless nights until I worked here! It turned me into a nervous wreck. I'm so glad I got out!

Cons

Long shifts, slave labour, no progression, low wages

Great Career Opportunities with a fantastic culture

I have worked at AXA for 20+ years in the UK. I've had a varied career and thoroughly recommend AXA as a place to work. Great people. Strong strategy.

Pros

Inclusive Culture, Engaged Senior Team, Career opportunities, flexible work life balance

Cons

IT systems are out-dated and restrictive

Relaxed place to work - bad pay

It is a relaxed environment to work in. My personal shift pattern is suitable. Pay really low for the complexity of the job, skills needed and responsibility that it carries.

Pros

Free coffee

Cons

Bad pay

27 October 2020
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Our salaries are reviewed frequently and our complete rewards, benefits and wellbeing package is something we take huge pride in and is a source of much satisfaction across the majority of our colleagues.

Tolerable work, good colleagues

AXA aren't as awful as we make them out to be but they are not as good as they want you to think! They want quantity over quality which drastically reduces customer satisfaction, and you are forced to work to unachievable targets. They struggle to listen to their employees needs, and forget that we are only human and not just a number. The culture there varies between teams, some are like a family, others are hostile. I did enjoy working here overall, but wish they'd have made some changes so our lives weren't miserable when they made a mistake!

Pros

Kitchen facilities

Cons

Unrealistic targets, long hours, bad management

27 October 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. All feedback is reviewed and fed back so we can continuously improve.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AXA. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1.2K