Abbey Healthcare

Abbey Healthcare Employee Reviews

Manager is a great guy, deputy isn’t very nice. She likes to clip the wings of staff who are intelligent. If you’re not liked by her, youve had it. Home is very cliquey, massive day shift, night shift divide, nightshift staff are very rude and can’t follow basic instructions.
Pros
Home manager is very approachable
Cons
Deputy is rude
I currently work here and have done from it opened. I honestly can't fault the place. The staff are a great team and all work hard to give the residents the best possible outcome. Each and every member of staff genuinely cares greatly for the residents. The food is top notch, and even the activity staff give it their all everyday. I've had a hard time recently and the management team have been very supportive and understanding, going out of their way to ensure I am OK. They are very approachable, and more importantly compassionate. The atmosphere has improved greatly and now feels like a home filled with family. Thank you all.
Pros
The support network from the senior staff.
Cons
Possibly the size of the home.
What an awful place to work... awful management, awful environment and overall just an awful care home. Worked 2 shifts and that was enough to realise how badly run the home was. Residents treated unfairly as well as the staff members, Still no pay for the shifts worked.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, awful rude management, no pay
The homes themselves are lovely to work in with inclusive, happy environments.Senior management can apply alot of pressure, but the feedback is usually always fair.
Pros
Free lunches and fair support from management
Cons
Stressful and lots of pressure
Poor management, short staffed always. Working with agencies. Staff don't care about residents.Management changes very often.Bad CQC reports each year. Horrible food. Avoid this place!Thank you.
Cons
I have worked in the care sector for 8 years, I enjoyed working at kendal care home, I found it very rewarding and going home at the end of the day knowing that you have achieved the best outcomes for your clients. We all worked as a team and the management were approachable. The hardest part of the job was that it was constant all day and always working short staffed doing twice the work you should doing. Also the constant change of management whilst I worked there , there was 10 different managers in a short space of time. The reason I left was due to this and one of the nurses was bullying a member of staff.
Cons
Constant changing of managers and always short staffed
Bad management always. Major safeguarding issuee lm Food is disgusting. If you go higher to raise anything it does not matter. Nothing ever changes in this place.
Poor place to work. Senior staff unapproachable and always know best(well they think they do) no support from manager or deputy manager. Poor cleaning throughout the building and personal spaces. Client's left alone while staff chat and laugh. Generally poor. Wouldn't recommend this company at all.
Short staffed busy place to work long hours drawing but good money couldn't work there again.........................................'...................no Thank you staff rant looked after like they should be
Shocking manager / deputy manager No support No training provided Short staffed unsafe No knowledge by management for residents Untrue statements made to management Untrue allocations of staff I could go on although two word for this place Absolutely shocking
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Abbey Healthcare?
Poor treatment of staff and no cooperation from management breaks none existent , to task orientated and it’s all a rush it’s like working on a treadmill
Pros
Cons
Too stressful and no back up from management
No structure in the care home the roles in the department are a shambles no communication In home whatsoever managment is poor n lack of supervision on the carers department
They have modern facilities to cater for s broad spectrum of service users ..this is an organisation which continues to develop and adapt to the needs of the community they are serving
Abbey healthcare is a nice home which needs a lot of work to be done.from management to carers. Communication is bad.is like a family work which need a lot of professionalism
Great working here. Supportive management, nice collegues, good salary. Had a good time working here. Residents nice and politely. It is nice to know that you are appreciated for what you are doing!
Line management ok but higher management just treat you like a skivvy........in my eyes everyone is equal, but not theirs. Very rude to staff, made me want to leave almost immediately as I don’t believe in belittling people or hierarchy. Never been anywhere with such a high turnover of staff. Fortunately the higher management weren’t there everyday but as soon as they arrive the whole mood changes......rude rude rude
Some people at abbey health care have no people skills and have a unrealistic deadlines, which makes the working day not nice and no one should be unhappy at work.
Pros
Near home
Cons
Some managers don’t listen to you and are rude
It has opened my eyes working here. It has made me realise that adults never grow up and is like working in a children's playground. I would not like any of my family members to stay here nor myself. Although the majority of carers are wonderful they are let down by management and lack of resources. Alot of work is to be done by both management and staff before this care home even starts to reach the appropriate standards.
I work for abbey healthcare in a home that struggles with a manager who appears to not care, staff that are inadequately trained and nurses that think they are better than anyone else. Following a recent CQC inspection things have gone from bad to worse. There is no opportunity for training or self advancement, instead they create new senior positions for external applicants only There are no thanks, no caring and no perks for picking up shifts. The home is grossly understaffed, with only 4 carers most of the time on a 28 bed floor with incredibly high dependency the same for a 30 bed dementia floor and only 2 carers on a 19 bed dementia floor with 14 high risk residents No adequate care. Management only talk to you when there is something negative to say
Pros
Cons
Long hours, No praise, Constantly recieving calls to work, poor food
Friendly, approachable, and relaxed atmosphere. Person-centred, conscientious training and work ethics. Good support from the Manager. Two elements of this nursing home, residential building and dementia building. Lovely grounds.
Pros
Fairly flexible shifts
Cons
Isolated, no local transport or amenities
You can get good experience in Kendal care home . Free lunches , part time and full time job perfect for students . Kendal care home gave me good memories .
Pros
free lunches
  1. Employee reviews