Abbey Logistics

Abbey Logistics Employee Reviews

Use to be good

Once upon a time this was the place to work , unfortunately greed and bad management have destroyed this company , shocking place to work, left as quickly as possible , real shame as it was a good place to work

Pros

Cons

To many to mention

Only care about senior employees

If you aren’t one of the chosen few employees on the board or senior roles you are less than a number. Got to be the worst place to work. No respect for employees and constantly lied too. The equipment is not even road worthy and the operation manager tells you that a truck with no lights is legal. Do not even think about working here

Pros

They smile while telling lies

Cons

Treated with no respect

Avoid

Avoid these cowboys at all costs. Poor wages long hours management don’t give a dam about you. Promise you the earth and nothing. When you leave they keepYour wages for training costs, Just cowboys.

Un organised

Well I know where to begin,working at abbey logistics has been an experience.I lasted for three days.make of that as you will.Gary the manager is a good bloke.The job though is at No1 of the worst places I've ever worked.

Pros

14hr days

Cons

Breaks deducted.

Difficult but sometime can be easy

Training almost none existent. Work is hard but could be fun from time to time only if you know the job, witch will take some time to learn.Middle level management, planers etc are very good some time.The alarming part is vehicle and trailer defects completely ignored all the time. Your health and safety is not considered at all by the company.You will have to take care for your self at all times.Units and trailers are very old with poor maintenance record.

Pros

Curtesy cars provided by the company

Cons

Units and trailers maintenance

Left as i found a job nearer to my home address.

I joined Abbey Logistics in January. When the first lockdown came around I thought I would be dropped like a stone, I was thankful for Abbey keeping me in work. I left to pursue a career in another part of the industry.

Pros

Plenty of overtime.

Cons

Old trucks.

fast paced

enjoyable experience, very fast paced and busy office. Management take time to speak and engage with staff. Never a dull moment, plenty to keep you busy. Pleasant working environment and friendly staff.

Laid off but wasnt told

Arrived to work as normal only to be told ive been laid off without being made aware prior to my shift. Offered a days work because i was already there. Declined thier offer and told them to shove it up thier you know what

Have to put the hours in to make good money

Only way to earn good money at Abbey is to go tramping and put the hours in. Drivers not generally thought much of unless they do lots of overtime. You will be called weekly to work weekends.

Pros

Can work to suit yourself to an extent

Cons

Always want more

Poor culture

Awful place to work, managers are cowboys who play mind games. Should value the hard working staff and not take liberties destroying staff morale!!!!

It is okay.

If you can adjust your mind to the idea that the planners will change their minds it is a good job. It can be pressured but in the end you can only do what you can do. Over the years I noticed a change in planner attitude, for the better. For me it was a great easy going place to work but with hiccups though that is part of any driving job. I would still be there but for the fact that I cannot do nights out any more. If you work for Abbey south east, you get a great manager

Abbey Logistics was overall rubbish.

Abbey logistics was i rubbish company to work for. They have no idea what they are doing, so constantly making mistakes and trying to blame it on the workers.

Pros

Cons

over worked and under paid.

Horrendous place to work

Where do you start , planners only bothered about putting a name to a job an dont give a toss about what time you started or your driving hours or if you have had a break an speakin of breaks they get deducted off you ,you have to do more than 70-80 hours a week to take home a decent wage and your money doesnt go up when you do overtime, the atmosphere is terrible i have not heard a single driver speak good about this place since i started here also there is no work/life balance is just all work an the planner tell you when you can go home there is no positives working for abbey its all negative stay as far away for this company as possible

Pros

Cons

Long hours, poor pay, planners/management

Exciting and modern transport company

Modern and forward thinking transport company. There are many different and varied roles here with clear ways of moving into different areas of the business and progressing your career.

Productive but disorganised

the company runs efficiently enough but my hours and shifts are constantly changing and when its my time off I always get calls asking me to come in .I do not think there are enough staff and instead of having people to cover a lot of agency staff are used to cover unwarned absences of staff . there seems to be a lax a daisy approach to who will be in and when you can have leave paid or not. On several occasions I have been left on my own to cover Bank holidays and had to cover for others not pulling their weight.

Cons

4 days working 4 days off . makes it difficult to work out any benefit entitlements and tax .

Avoid at all cost

Work planned by kids, bully boy tactics, horrible place to work Terrible tanks , 80hrs will get you a decent wage, (ie 2 weeks work for 1 weeks wage) Trying to take over the world but management still in dark ages AVOID AT ALL COSTS

Pros

Nil

Did not like it.

Too many bosses too few workers. Too many blue eyed boys taking liberties and leaving others to pick up slack. Some of the drivers were absolute quality.

Pros

few

Cons

many

Avoid at all cost

Directors are playing at business whilst drivers work 70 hours a week just for a ok wage. Recruiting absolute morons who ain't got clue. Money is poor

Pros

Cons

Everything to do with abbey

Working towards been a good company to work for.

Training is good. More transparency needed. Job is steady . If work was right I would have stayed. Managment good. Company is improving and focusing more on drivers . I was let down by not been shown the loading which is an important part of the job . If you like to be clean and your vechile kept that way this definitely isn't the job for you.

Pros

Easy work, Training, overtime .

Cons

Loading (horrendous), average salary

Scabby Abbey

I worked for this Shower for 8 months hated it from week 1 but id given up a half decent job to go there. They are trying to take over the world as far as Tanker deliveries are concerned, and manage to f*%K things up in the process. cutting corners always on your back the more you do the more they want

Pros

none to speak off

Cons

too many to mention

long, not a lot hard work going home on shift end

long days, hard work management are unsupportive. 12 hours shifts. problem solving, cooridination dealing with driver

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Abbey Logistics. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.4