Abbots Care Ltd

Abbots Care Ltd Employee Reviews

Abbots is a great place to work, everyone works together and are very helfpul. Is always a cheery, happy place to be and they all go above and beyond to help everyone.
It’s a scenario of “not what you know, but WHO you know in office”. Favouritism occurs and benefits those who personally know colleagues in the office. Voicing out in writing is a case of “pass the buck to another” and basically you end up being fobbed off and ignored without acknowledgement as they cannot give a response when you are in the right and they know they are in the wrong.
Pros
Pay and local work within fairness
Cons
Fuel not paid on long runs out starting from home. Voiced concerns ignored.
Working at Abbots Care was the best career decision I have ever made. From the very first day, I was welcomed into the 'family'. Everyone was so helpful and the training was and continues to be fantastic. This is by far, the most rewarding job I have ever done.
Pros
Friendly and helpful stafff, you get to make a real difference to someone's life.
Cons
Can be long hours.
Rewarding fun place to work. Progression opportunities available along with a supportive line manager for all roles.Abbots Care has a real family environment and mixes hard work and having fun together.
Pros
career progression, supportive teams
I joined Abbots Care about 8 months and could not have found a better company to work for. It is a busy environment, especially with the pandemic, but we have a very efficient, inspiring, supportive and encouraging management team, which provides a really positive atmosphere. It is fairly obvious to see my colleagues enjoy working here and the various teams are supportive of each other, always happy to help.The MD is very approachable and is clearly passionate about Abbots Care, the services users and the employees.
Pros
Great teams and culture
Cons
I cant't think of any
Abbots Care Ltd is a great company to work for, there are many training and progression opportunities, flexible hours, senior managers with years of experience in the Health and Social care sector, knowledgeable and supportive team, and most of all their visions and values are something to admire, and flow throughout the business from senior managers to care workers. I have worked for Abbots Care Ltd since 2012. My first role at Abbots was an Office Administrator and since then I have progressed within the company with the support of a great team and amazing leaders. I had no experience in Health and Social care when I joined but with the Abbots Care values, Training opportunities and working with such amazing, caring and passionate people, it very quickly became part of my life. The work Abbots do everyday is phenomenal and admiring, their employees and service users well-being and safety is paramount, and led to Abbots deservedly receiving an outstanding rating from their recent CQC inspection.
Pros
Training and progression opportunities, Flexible hours, Supportive Management Team, Great Team to work with, Passionate about care, Service Users
Bulling and harassment and lies that what happens and relates question put under the carpet. I was put up with feeling isolated and discriminated and l could not trust anyone to help me. Found this giving g me mental abuse so was asked by my G.P to leave and find other.
Pros
Clients
Cons
Lies of management
29 July 2020
Hi, i'm sorry to hear that you feel this way. I want to reassure you that we take any allegations of this nature extremely seriously. I would like to discuss your concerns in more detail. If this is something that you would like to pursue please email me at helen.sinden@abbotscare.com
Never would I recommend nor work for this company again. The lack of work offered is something else!!! Wasted my time giving availability and getting no shifts!! > earning NO money > unable to pay bills!!!
29 July 2020
Hi, i'm sorry to hear about your experience with Abbots Care. I would like to assure you that Abbots Care has a lot of available work throughout Hertfordshire. I don't know about your specific experience, as we provide care into people's own homes our shift patterns are from 7am-2pm and 4pm-10pm so if your availability was not within these times it may have been difficult to facilitate work for you but this information around times is sent out in the information pack prior to employment commencing.
Good for Zero hour contracts, you can get more hours and fix the hours according to your personal lives only down part is they always ask you to take on more shifts cos they’re always short staffed. The pay is great.
Very slow progression - your limited on progression but will be asked to do extra when it is needed or when they want you to but also receive discouraging comments from management when ask for progression or progression training, raise concerns and it can be ignored
6 January 2020
Hello,We're really sorry to hear about your experience as we pride ourselves on the development of our staff through specialist training pathways and offering ongoing support. Please feel free to write to us regarding your experience as we value all feedback to improve our services.Many thanks,Abbots Team
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Abbots Care Ltd?
Abbots care have been going for a while.can be quite stressfuledpecially when on a schedule timee and you are caught in traffic or get lost,especially if you dont know the area I left abbots mainly financial as petrol kept going up and i found that3/4of my wages went in the car and on bills leaving no money for myself
If you are new you get paid more than the People that is working there for long time. you have lots of chances to make extra money but you must always negociate an incentive because they want you working for the lesss....
Pros
Lots of work
Cons
No respect, no care about workers
Very High turnover however the job is comfortable. Lack of staff, and staff that are there are lazy, company employs a lot of students who lack passion for care.
Office are friendly, but under immense pressure to cover calls. Will ring at any time of day on carers personal phone or landline to ask for help. Inadequate travel time allocated between calls and mileage can be substantial, but office will ring constantly if late for client No proper meetings, so rarely meet other staff.
Pros
The clients
Cons
Isolation. Long hours of mileage. Travel time not paid
Since starting with Abbots Care in March I have learnt a great deal about the amazing and critical job that our carers do. As a recruiter its fantastic to see people come to work with a smile on their face everyday knowing that they are making a difference to some ones life. Management are incredibly supportive and have an outstanding work ethic along with every person employed by the company. Due to the nature of the company and what we do, the office is always busy. The office staff have amazing energy with an unbeatable work ethic. Everyone is always willing to assist you from complex questions to helping replace the toner in the printer. The most enjoyable part of the role is meeting the care workers and prospective candidates for the various positions we have available. Its always a pleasure interviewing people who are so dedicated to helping the most vulnerable in society.
Pros
The people, The office, The work, The hours, dedication of the staff
Cons
I work for the new Dorset branch and absolutely love my job. Management in the Dorset branch cannot do enough for you. Already being put forward for more training to develop my knowledge in dementia care and to progress within the company as a trainer in this area.. couldn’t recommend them more to anyone. The branch in this area is new so obviously there have been some minor teething issues but they were resolved very quickly. Family run as well so they are very understanding if for whatever reason you are unable to do a shift (as long as you give them some notice they find the cover) so no pressure to work when unwell or when family commitments happen. Care work is demanding and at times challenging but I have always been made to feel like I can go straight to our management with any issues or problems
Pros
Great management
I worked with abbots care for about 3 months, when going for the interview they made it sound like it was an amazing caring company and that they would always be there to help, as soon as I started working with the company I came to realise it was the complete opposite, I enjoyed the care side of the job and the service users and their family members were lovely but the office are absolutely useless they completely ignored me on several occasions but as soon as they need your help they will contact you, the contact and hours aren’t what they made out they would be, the rota was constantly changed without being told and the office it’s self just did not care what I had to say at all, without a doubt the worst company I have ever worked for I really would not recommend.
Pros
Meeting lovely service users
Cons
No care for staff at all
Management is awful, constantly pressurising you to do over time. Take your hours off you when new people join then expect you to help out when struggling with people calling in sick. I haven’t had a proper break since starting here. Everyone gossips in this company (especially the managers) office staff awful even though they are meant to be there to support you. You always feel like your bothering them. The only benefit of the company is the wonderful service users who need the care. Apart from that everything else is 1 star
Pros
Amazing service users
Cons
Long hours, pressure to work, management, unfairness
I worked for Abbots for around six months during this time I would have my rota changed constantly with no notice. I would always be covering for people and expected to work far and wide. I worked lots of overtime and would still be called on my days off to work more. The office are really disorganised and struggle to cover their work due to lack of carers.
Pros
Lots of work
Cons
Disorganised
Friendly, kind and caring company to work with. Always do their best to ensure their services are of a high standard and support their care staff to their full potential.
Pros
great environment
Cons
stress over work load
I have worked for a few companies in the 20 years since I have worked on the block contracts due to be tupe the company that I was working with lost the contract and we came here within 2 weeks. Very family orientated and we are even joined with the chief taster Bella who is a very friendly dog. The company are professional, caring, loyal and trustworthy. We also have fun as a team, a meeting for the whole branch on a monthly basis where we can learn what is going on in the company and any ideas can be put forward and listened too. Training is amazing and we are all supported to get further qualifications and further our careers. I would be happy if any of my friends or family needed care that they would be using Abbots care.
  1. Employee reviews