Abbots Care Ltd

• Fair pay for job
  • Support from manager
  • Energising work tasks

Happy and uplifting

Abbots is a great place to work, everyone works together and are very helfpul. Is always a cheery, happy place to be and they all go above and beyond to help everyone.

4 November 2021
Thank you for your feedback we appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. One of our company values is "to have fun whilst at work" we believe that it is important to enjoy your work and go above and beyond to support the service users and care workers at Abbots care

I’ve been a carer on and off for the past 16 years working a long side other colleagues at Abbots Care I’m working with the service users is great.Beaucaire coordinators and managers don’t really sell Abbots they constantly call you on your days off harassing you making you feel guilty that they’re shortstaffed and asking you to work all the time and Abbots are short of staff and the reason for this is they don’t treat their staff correctly so a lot of people are leaving the company to venture out and go to other companies for one reason or another. My reason for leaving Abbots is because I have poor management skills and they don’t treat their employees with respect that they deserve we’re out there working in the community and nine times out of 10 they don’t even step foot out the office so they don’t know what it’s like to be out there in the community doing the job that we do so they don’t give us a lot of respect

Pros

Working with carers, Service users

Cons

Being harassed by the office, Them saying that they’re short staffed all the time, The Rounds are not set out correctly, The rudeness of some of the office staff

20 December 2021
Thank you for your feedback. We are keen to understand your points above. Please could you email us at hr@abbotscare.com with the details so we can address these.

Not great

Working for Abbots was sadly a terrible experience for me. The pressure was relentless and the pay terrible. I frequently felt discrinated against and unsupported. The workload was unbearable. It had a very dog eat dog culture

Pros

Learnt a lot about a different aspect of care

Cons

Very high stress and low pay

Great Company

Great company, training is very good and gives a good foundation for going out and starting work as a carer. The staff are all very friendly and helpful.

Pros

Great pay, staff and fast paced

20 December 2021
Thank you for the feedback. We are keen to gain a broad range of feedback.

Constant shift work

Abbots care is a very large company, and I feel that they have taken on a bit more than they can cope with due to lack of staff,staff are sometimes taken advantage of and are constantly harassed in order to cover overtime,the rota can be changed automatically during,before,your shift and there isn't any notification of the changes it just happens when you resync your phone.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Long hours and constant harassment for overtime.

4 November 2021
Thanks you for taking the time to feedback, i do appreciate that it has been a tough summer as it has been across the whole of the care sector, we really appreciate all the overtime that our staff have picked. we would be keen to discuss your concerns in more detail please do email hr@recruitment.com

If you value your sanity..

Don't. Harassing phone calls always asking you to work, they give 0 care towards their staff.. the only pleasant thing about the job are the lovely service users as they really make your job worth doing.

17 August 2021

bad management

the managers are awful, you’ll never hear from them and they’ll put you down for extra shifts without asking. The pay is not enough for the work you do.

15 September 2021

Caring environment, Great work place.

Very nervous coming into a new role, but Abbots welcomed me with opening arms. Lovely office to work in, I've had lots of training and feel very confident in my role.

Pros

Friendly, Helpful

Equal opportunities non-existent

It’s a scenario of “not what you know, but WHO you know in office”. Favouritism occurs and benefits those who personally know colleagues in the office. Voicing out in writing is a case of “pass the buck to another” and basically you end up being fobbed off and ignored without acknowledgement as they cannot give a response when you are in the right and they know they are in the wrong.

Pros

Pay and local work within fairness

Cons

Fuel not paid on long runs out starting from home. Voiced concerns ignored.

A caring employer and a very rewarding role.

Working at Abbots Care was the best career decision I have ever made. From the very first day, I was welcomed into the 'family'. Everyone was so helpful and the training was and continues to be fantastic. This is by far, the most rewarding job I have ever done.

Pros

Friendly and helpful stafff, you get to make a real difference to someone's life.

Cons

Can be long hours.

17 August 2021
Thank you for your feedback. It is lovely to hear you are part of the Abbots family

Exciting and rewarding place to work

Rewarding fun place to work. Progression opportunities available along with a supportive line manager for all roles.Abbots Care has a real family environment and mixes hard work and having fun together.

Pros

career progression, supportive teams

Great company to work for with inspiring colleagues

I joined Abbots Care about 8 months and could not have found a better company to work for. It is a busy environment, especially with the pandemic, but we have a very efficient, inspiring, supportive and encouraging management team, which provides a really positive atmosphere. It is fairly obvious to see my colleagues enjoy working here and the various teams are supportive of each other, always happy to help.The MD is very approachable and is clearly passionate about Abbots Care, the services users and the employees.

Pros

Great teams and culture

Cons

I cant't think of any

Outstanding company to work for

Abbots Care Ltd is a great company to work for, there are many training and progression opportunities, flexible hours, senior managers with years of experience in the Health and Social care sector, knowledgeable and supportive team, and most of all their visions and values are something to admire, and flow throughout the business from senior managers to care workers. I have worked for Abbots Care Ltd since 2012. My first role at Abbots was an Office Administrator and since then I have progressed within the company with the support of a great team and amazing leaders. I had no experience in Health and Social care when I joined but with the Abbots Care values, Training opportunities and working with such amazing, caring and passionate people, it very quickly became part of my life. The work Abbots do everyday is phenomenal and admiring, their employees and service users well-being and safety is paramount, and led to Abbots deservedly receiving an outstanding rating from their recent CQC inspection.

Pros

Training and progression opportunities, Flexible hours, Supportive Management Team, Great Team to work with, Passionate about care, Service Users

Waste of time and effort.

When I first started I had a fair amount of work.Almost every day. After a few weeks my hours started to drop drastically as they were taking on more and more carers. Talk about out with the old and in with the new. I had to take all my holidays as eventually I hardly had any work at all. I had to do this to pay my bills. Be warned. D

Pros

Good wages.

Cons

No work at all after a few months.

Disussing poor funfair

Bulling and harassment and lies that what happens and relates question put under the carpet. I was put up with feeling isolated and discriminated and l could not trust anyone to help me. Found this giving g me mental abuse so was asked by my G.P to leave and find other.

Pros

Clients

Cons

Lies of management

29 July 2020
Hi, i'm sorry to hear that you feel this way. I want to reassure you that we take any allegations of this nature extremely seriously. I would like to discuss your concerns in more detail. If this is something that you would like to pursue please email me at helen.sinden@abbotscare.com

Disappointing!!

Never would I recommend nor work for this company again. The lack of work offered is something else!!! Wasted my time giving availability and getting no shifts!! > earning NO money > unable to pay bills!!!

29 July 2020
Hi, i'm sorry to hear about your experience with Abbots Care. I would like to assure you that Abbots Care has a lot of available work throughout Hertfordshire. I don't know about your specific experience, as we provide care into people's own homes our shift patterns are from 7am-2pm and 4pm-10pm so if your availability was not within these times it may have been difficult to facilitate work for you but this information around times is sent out in the information pack prior to employment commencing.

Okayish working place, pay is good, working hours are crazy, always short staffed.

Good for Zero hour contracts, you can get more hours and fix the hours according to your personal lives only down part is they always ask you to take on more shifts cos they’re always short staffed. The pay is great.

Slow progression

Very slow progression - your limited on progression but will be asked to do extra when it is needed or when they want you to but also receive discouraging comments from management when ask for progression or progression training, raise concerns and it can be ignored

6 January 2020
Hello,We're really sorry to hear about your experience as we pride ourselves on the development of our staff through specialist training pathways and offering ongoing support. Please feel free to write to us regarding your experience as we value all feedback to improve our services.Many thanks,Abbots Team

The clients and staff were nice.

Abbots care have been going for a while.can be quite stressfuledpecially when on a schedule timee and you are caught in traffic or get lost,especially if you dont know the area I left abbots mainly financial as petrol kept going up and i found that3/4of my wages went in the car and on bills leaving no money for myself

Annoying

If you are new you get paid more than the People that is working there for long time. you have lots of chances to make extra money but you must always negociate an incentive because they want you working for the lesss....

Pros

Lots of work

Cons

No respect, no care about workers

Very high turnover

Very High turnover however the job is comfortable. Lack of staff, and staff that are there are lazy, company employs a lot of students who lack passion for care.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Abbots Care Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0Job security/advancement