Abbotsford Care Ltd

Abbotsford Care Ltd Employee Reviews

United Kingdom51 reviews

residentcarestafftrainingteammanagementgoodcompany

Very rewarding

I enjoy my job, great satisfaction, good opportunity for a career, always training, keeping up with codes of practice, we learn so much from our residents, so much to give us. Yes it is a busy job and no two days are the same. This applies in all aspects of care. We have done some amazing training and learned so much. We have a really good, very approachable manager who encourages learning. I am very fortunate to work for Abbotsford Care.

Poor staffing.

Very poor staffing issues, very under staffed most days, mental health not taken seriously by staff or management, poor confidentiality with staff, no support or understanding for people with young children, not treated well during pregnancy, bulling is a big issue with most of the staff, management are to friendly with staff so favoritism is an issue.

Pros

Set shifts, great residents

Cons

Management, unorganised, under staffed, poor staffing

Insights into Abbotsford Care Ltd

What people like
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager

Great place to work. Very happy to have joined this family business.

Abbotsford care is a great company to work for. They invest in their employees and ensure they have a comprehensive induction programme to support their roles and actively encourage further professional development. Abbotsford encourage staff input and collaboration and have formed great professional relationships with the wider community and other health care professionals from the health and social care sector. The staff work hard to ensure the lives of the residents are enhanced on a daily basis and they do so with care and pride. Great team to be a part of.

Pros

Getting to know the residents and hearing their stories and knowing we can and do make a difference

Rewarding and fulfilling

I left a retail career to change direction and in two years am now a senior carer ,training opportunities are plentiful .I am happy and satisfied after every shift and always feel I am doing something worthwhile

Pros

Lots of training available and opportunities to progress

Cons

Can't think of any

Toxic working environment

Alot of carers who have been there longer and think they rule the home also alot of talking behind people's back. Some carers are only there for the money and do not care about residents well being however the few carer who do are great

Pros

Residents

Cons

Atmosphere

25 April 2022
Hi There, we would be keen to discuss your feedback further. We are sad that you have had these experiences and we are keen to know how we can improve and make thanks better. Please feel free to contact us on smt@abbotsford-care.co.uk

Very clean, comfortable home

Worked here for over a month. The work can be physically demanding but the gratitude from the clients make it worthwhile. The care staff do there best and are well supported by all the other teams.

Pros

Friendly staff, very helpful to new starts.

Cons

As with most places at the moment - staff shortages.

Fast-paced, nothing unusual

It’s a good enough job to have, a little bit stressful but all jobs are like that. Loved my co-workers though, they were really fun and very communicative, they were very helpful when you needed help.

Wouldn’t advise anyone to work here

From the beginning I was made to feel unwelcome by staff members. I had a good team on nightshift and I would say that the only positive thing about the place. Management constantly changing and bringing in people who have no clue just because they are family. A manager who doesn’t even speak to residents and speaks to staff like they are a piece of dirt on their shoe is ridiculous, nothing gets done about it either because of family ties. I wouldn’t have my worst enemy staying their, staff not using gloves whilst carrying out personal care, the meals wouldn’t even fill a toddler and the whole place could do with a good clean.

Pros

Sound good staff

18 November 2021
We are very sorry that you felt this way whilst working for Abbotsford Care. We would encourage anyone who was unhappy with their experiences to get in touch directly with our Senior Management team so we can help support improvement across our service.

Former staff member

Lack of management support.Not interested in investing to improve support services.Working environment toxic towards free speech. Not interested in listening to ideas to improve working conditions.All staff are over sensitive to real world.

Pros

Non

Cons

Bad pay

1 June 2022
We are sorry you have had these experiences with Abbotsford Care. We would be keen to hear more about how we can improve our services for residents and for staff. Please feel free to contact us directly with more information so we can make the improvements necessary. Contact senior management directly smt@abbotsford-care.co.uk

Good work place

Good company to work for and have loads of support of the team I work with and have support off senior management. The is good training opportunities and can get support with flexibility with shifts. I would definitely recommend working for the company.

Pros

Good team and loads of support and have a laugh within the team

Cons

Loved my job. Due to unforseen circumstances. Had to leave. Am looking to get back to it. Hopefully a will be back to helping people very soon. Miss it terribly

Pros

Great people

Cons

Company keen to work with people

Poor rating in the work life balance score is a personal view, I feel this is normal for those in a management post, especially over times of COVID and is not about the company but should be considered by anyone looking at a management role. Abbotsford compensate this by generous annual leave for managers and option of working from home one day per week. I have had health issues to be worked around and this has been no problem for senior management who have been supportive and fo enquire about how you are personally. Company has plenty of education opportunities for all staff and further professional education is promoted. Company has SQA accreditation for SVQ training and there is a team of assessors to support this education. Support from senior management is always available and care home managers are expected to make themselves available to all staff which is a good thing. Resident and relatives feedback is actively encouraged and listened to. Caring conversations is embedded in the culture of the organisation.

Pros

Great attitude and opportunity for training . Senior management that cares for its staff

Cons

Covid makes any work in this sector more challenging than normal.

Job Satisfaction, Team Work

Abbotsford has over 30 years of experience in nursing care in Fife, this is a family orientated company and you are part of the family. Great place to work and achieve your goals. Great facilities for learning and achieving SVQ qualification with its own SVQ centre. Supporting management team, friendly and professional.

Pros

Family run business with excellent care and support

Very rewarding job

Coming up for 24 years of service working for Abbotsford and i have enjoyed every moment. A great company to work for, very supportive in the respect that you are encouraged to blossom and learn every day.

Pros

Professional development encouraged

Good hard working team

The team at Glenrothes work hard to ensure the safety of staff and residents and one of the the few care homes that have remained Covid free in Fife.

Productive and educational workplace

We have all gone through tough times in the care sector. We make each day a little better than the last even in the toughest of days but it’s these days that make us stronger and makes the job all worth while when you see how grateful the residents are to have you there as their extended family, that to me is job satisfaction.

Very Fair and Supportive with Staff and Residents at best interest.

I have worked for Abbotsford for 6 years, I have never felt any sort of dissatisfaction with the company. The management are very approachable and helpful when dealing with any challenges that you may be face with. They try to accommodate everyone the best they can. I always say if you are fair with them then they will most definitely be fair with you.I am proud to say that I work for Abbotsford Care and super proud of the company as a whole, especially the spectacular work that has been done to keep our residents as safe as they can be during the current pandemic.

Pros

Excellent company to work for.

Cons

N/a

Teamwork makes the dream work

When you join Abbotsford you become part of the family. Good senior management team who are always available to offer support and advice. I was a new manager when I started at Raith and got loads of support from the other managers of their other homes. They made me feel very welcome. During this COVID pandemic we have always had sufficient PPE and any other supplies we needed. No expense is spared when it comes to the safety of our residents and staff. Staffs psychological health has been greatly thought about recently and offers of support for all staff has been available.

Pros

Able to communicate with the senior management team, Loads of support.

Cons

Can be stressful due to COVID

Excellent company

Abbotsford are a family run organisation and i am made to feel part of that family. The work ethic of the staff fand the ethos of the company is to be commended. I couldn’t ask for a better team and always feel supported by management. I would highly recommend working for this organisation.

Pros

Chance to progress

Toxic company

Residents and carers were wonderful to work with but head office is more concerned with bums in beds than actually giving a good level of care. Impossible to get them to spend a penny of the millions of pounds in fees they are taking in.

Pros

You don't need experience, they will hire any one

Cons

Lack of funding from head office

13 January 2021
Many thanks for your feedback, however we are very concerned by your opinions raised. As you can imagine, to hear a current employee describe the Company as toxic is very hurtful and upsetting. As a family business we pride ourselves on knowing staff and residents. We are keen to ensure we are providing the best experiences and therefore should an item be required for health, safety or even comfort it would be discussed directly with the individuals requesting the item to ensure we purchase the desired item. In a difficult time, such as this pandemic ,we are very conscious of the additional costs involved but ensuring everyone’s safety is our utmost priority. Should you have specific items you believe require to be sought for the residents please contact our Business and Operations Director directly and she will personally respond to your concerns. At Abbotsford we are dedicated to ensure everyone’s voice is heard and listened to in order for us to make it the best possible service. Our family name is associated with this company and it matters, we want to make sure we get it right. If you are a current member of staff you will know how to contact the Senior Management Team and we look forward to discussing matters with you further.

Hard work but satisfying

Excellent company. Good setup fair to all , every second weekend off, I get a real job satisfaction in what I do ,management are friendly and willing to help you resolve any issues you may have.

Pros

Job satisfaction

Cons

Can be long hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Abbotsford Care Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement