Abbott Laboratories
Abbott Laboratories Employee Review

Multiple ownership and management changes

11 March 2014
Increased knowledge of oncology. Worked with a team of knowleadgeable peers.
30 October 2020
Territory Manager (Current Employee) - Maidenhead, Berkshire
No real strategy or direction, coupled with unrealistic expectations and a real arrogance of where they sit within the market. This is a dangerous game to play when our competition are advancing all the time. Muddled, contradictory instruction from Management and demands to breach hospitals’ COVID-19 policies in order to meet with Consultants and sell, regardless of the risks it poses to Abbott employees, Doctors and patients (having previously asked us to adhere to official guidelines and told us not to visit hospitals if we were not comfortable doing so or if it wouldantagonise our customers). All that matters here is sales targets at any cost. Not a great place to work. Managers are the most inspiring and uneducated people I’ve ever worked with during my career thus far. Job hunting for the right role in order to escape this toxic environment and to work for a real market leader.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Long, long hours with little gratitude
18 June 2020
Technical Administrator (Former Employee) - Dartford, Kent
Professional and friendly workplace. Very modern and up to date environment. Would definitely recommend this company as management takes very good care of their staff.
30 May 2020
Medical Affairs Advisor (Former Employee) - Maidenhead, Berkshire
I had a great experience at Abbott, my team were lovely and I gained excellent experience across a range of areas. A very collaborative and science based approach.
  1. Multiple ownership and management changes