ABERDEEN CITY COUNCIL

ABERDEEN CITY COUNCIL Employee Reviews

Nice enough place to work people are friendly and helpful there is a lot of different areas you work in some more challenging than others. Only downside can be is the time it sometimes takes waiting to tip.
Staff are fine and work together which creates a good environment. Managers are out for themselves and are only interested in making cuts. Never any money for photocopy paper or pens. The interal internet is like a brainwashing site. It tells you all the positive things for staff but when you are for development opportunities you dont get them. Very 2 faced organisation
Pros
Flexible working
Cons
Constant money saving
Aberdeen city council was a very unsettled place to work and I felt the management was corrupt and boundaries often blurred. I often get bullied by colleagues and management were awful in supporting me with this
Pros
Cons
Too many to say
Good job with great pay for being a labourer, made good friends who will be great friends forever. Areas to grow and better your job through training! Enjoyed working there!
A.c.c are a good company with a fair about of work making it easy to work freely also a lot of perks penison sick pay of ever needed looking for another challenge to take on as the council salary isn’t enough! Thanks fir taking the time to look at my CV
Happy here working with good team members. Job can be stressful at times but I personally enjoy being busy. Would recommend working for the council to the right person looks to work hard and get job satisfaction.
Enjoyable company to work for and spent a long time there and enjoyed the security and working outdoors. Would recommend them to anyone thinking about them.
Overall disappointing job as it was mainly just parking whereas the job was sold as doing community projects. Management pressured staff to get tickets which led to some nefarious actions by some wardens
I loved my time there and there was plenty of scope to learn and grow as my role evolved. A very busy environment and never boring. It is challenging at the moment for the council and there has been a need to adapt quickly to a very different culture in a short space of time. The management are the key to all departments managing the transition and they take the responsibility of maintaining moral very seriously.
Lack of communication. Staff can be reluctant to show new staff the ropes. Definatly if your face fits you get on better. No idea about making staff feeling welcomed. Seems very disorganised and proper inductions not done.
to much bosses management not willing to take any ideas from the work floor staff to make jobs easier expecting to much from persons , run of the mill place to work dont over work your brain because you will always be wrong,was happy to take early retirement after 10 years at roads dept.tullos aberdeen
Good location with good people working there but currently undergoing a big restructure. Good potential for advancement in current climate. Overall good place to work.
Pros
Flex-time
Cons
Very busy
Self Employed as Electrician with Aberdeen City Council Then taken on as staff April 2015 Duties included • Kitchen and Bathroom upgrades • Full re-wire of domestic properties • Fault Finding • Inspection and Testing of circuits • Cover supervisory role when needed
Very relaxed environment, no pressure, good working times. Uniform supplied to all trades. Great canteen so you can relax with fellow colleagues whilst having your lunch.
Loved the job, the people i supported and the people i worked with. However constant change not allways for the better and in some cases poor improvement strategies which again fell on the shoulders of frontline workers. Constantly chasing rainbows instead of doing what the people of Aberdeen pay them to do. Could be better, Should be better.
Pays bills very laid back never rushed with anything it is very slow working there as if you come from a fast paced environment be prepared to slow down
Worked with offenders an had the satisfaction of knowing I was helping others. A secure and fulfilling job It was a pleasure to work for Aberdeen City Council and made me want to do the best job that I could. I was sorry to leave but worked there till I was 67 and only retired as I had a knee replacement and wast struggling at the time but my knee is oku now and I regret leaving
Pros
Not too long shifts
Cons
Reception area was not big enough and not fit for purpose
I thoroughly enjoyed my time working as a primary teacher in Aberdeen City. I gained invaluable experience of working with children from extremely deprived backgrounds.
A typical day at work to be followed round by a so called supervisor telling you what to do when he has never done the job in his life. What i learned at work trust nobody in this council the back stabbing is rife.Management is now full of jumped up people with a degree in management and have never done a day's work at the job they are managing.Workplace culture is no longer it is full of agency workers and back stabbing.The hardest part of the job is trying to do the job as it should be done while being told what to do by someone who has never done the job in his life.My most enjoyable part of my job was the day i left.
I enjoyed very much working at the Aberdeen council / as a Transaction Service Administrator (Helping for the Financial Year) I was trained to be able to do the job. My line manager were super helpful both of them. The most important part of my job was the responsibility I have taken. The team were very helpful, and friendly to work with. I worked with them and enjoyed every minute of my day, because I am a team player. I have enjoyed working as an Transaction Service Administrator because of the team and the Job company (Aberdeen Council) I have enjoyed my position very much, as I was able to do my job, I also worked as a Receptionist for the Tilydrone Housing office. The working team were helpful and friendly. My line manager was superb I have have enjoyed working at the Tilydrone Housing office.
I would strongly avoiding taking a job in ground services. The management or mis - management as they are known, seemed to very much a make it up as they went along and really hadn’t a clue. This became apparent when one senior manager asked at a meeting do we really need to cut the grass? Communication was non existent you would literally go to a job and wing it, and hope the work you had completed was right as never a chargehand about to seek clarification or guidance from. Which inevitably led to complaints from the public via irate Supervisors. The PPE that is provided is inadequate, work boots fall apart the moment they get wet, or make your feet come out in blisters. Utter rubbish. And don’t ask for replacements as you get moaned at. Equipment is one extreme to another cheapest of the cheap or they will go and spend ridiculous amounts on a machinery that actually isn’t isn’t any good for the jobs required of them. The pay scales are way off for what you actually have to do, its hard manual labour in all weathers. It’s very frustrating to hear staff in other departments, with less skilled less physically demanding jobs are on a higher pay than you. Whoever worked out pay grades needs to re evaluate them. The cap on wages with only pay increments of 1% is rubbish. Overtime is scarce due to lack of department funding . The constant threat of cut backs and loom of being put out to tender or being made redundant makes for a very unhappy department where morale is rock bottom.
Pros
It’s Monday to Friday.
Cons
Out in all weathers, not a lot of overtime.