ABERDEEN CITY COUNCIL

ABERDEEN CITY COUNCIL Employee Reviews

United Kingdom95 reviews

councilcityareafriendlyteamworkerstaffenjoy

A decent place to work

I worked in a local authority nursery for ACC. The pay was good, I felt there was opportunities to develop if that’s what you wanted, and generally had job satisfaction.

Pros

Good pay, good hours

Always support to improve

My line manager was fantastic at supporting and encouraging. My work was fulfilling, productive and very well paid. Was not an easy choice leaving after so long.

Insights into ABERDEEN CITY COUNCIL

What people like
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Fair pay for job
  • Time and location flexibility

Fun work place.

I work in the nursery schools and its been a great experience. Wonderful colleagues with willingness to help you adapt to the job. The team leader has been very helpful. I don't have any regrets working here.

It’s ok nothing exciting

Not a day goes by where there is issues with one thing or another transport , organisation of works ,chops and changes . Recognition ,for works done or achievements the list could go on

Pros

Some good people to work with

Cons

Can’t work from home council could be more understanding and flexible

Good job and life balance. Most people were good and management weren’t the worst of people. Some days it was fast paced other Days it was slow. I enjoyed it while it lasted.

None, the team were cold and they are like robots No human touch 😕

They don't care about your employees feelings, culture, I don't recommend. Like any other government job, a lot of people there didn't know what they are doing just.... had luck or something else to get the job. Fully disappointed.

Good place to work with good work opportunities to learn and progress through the ranks and be treated with respect.

A typical day at work is dealing with relevant paperwork, organising and dealing with multiple trades people and materials, learning all aspects of Health and Safety, good working relations and communication with management making sure targets were being maintained , most enjoyable part of the job was seeing and returning properties in good condition back into the system.

Pros

Good opportunities to progress your career, Good pension scheme and Holidays

Cons

dealing with and meeting work targets.

Staff Ok, Management a mess

Low wages.Bad Managament, including bad mouthing other colleagues in front of peopleTraining was okay, but teams can be dysfunctional and bad structure to departments.

Pros

Flexi time

Cons

Bad management.

If your face doesn't fit

worked at aberdeen city council for about 8 year probably one of the worst places I've worked. management are bullies everything gets swept under the carpet nothing wil ever get done if you have a problem. a corrupt organisation.

Pros

getting spied on all day from supervisors

Cons

no health and safety

Untrustworthy managers

Staff are fine and work together which creates a good environment. Managers are out for themselves and are only interested in making cuts. Never any money for photocopy paper or pens. The interal internet is like a brainwashing site. It tells you all the positive things for staff but when you are for development opportunities you dont get them. Very 2 faced organisation

Pros

Flexible working

Cons

Constant money saving

Awful

Aberdeen city council was a very unsettled place to work and I felt the management was corrupt and boundaries often blurred. I often get bullied by colleagues and management were awful in supporting me with this

Pros

Cons

Too many to say

Was working through Agency

Nice enough place to work people are friendly and helpful there is a lot of different areas you work in some more challenging than others. Only downside can be is the time it sometimes takes waiting to tip.

Good job with good pay for what you do

Good job with great pay for being a labourer, made good friends who will be great friends forever. Areas to grow and better your job through training! Enjoyed working there!

Plumber

A.c.c are a good company with a fair about of work making it easy to work freely also a lot of perks penison sick pay of ever needed looking for another challenge to take on as the council salary isn’t enough! Thanks fir taking the time to look at my CV

Job Satisfaction

Happy here working with good team members. Job can be stressful at times but I personally enjoy being busy. Would recommend working for the council to the right person looks to work hard and get job satisfaction.

Enjoyable company to work for

Enjoyable company to work for and spent a long time there and enjoyed the security and working outdoors. Would recommend them to anyone thinking about them.

City Warden

Overall disappointing job as it was mainly just parking whereas the job was sold as doing community projects. Management pressured staff to get tickets which led to some nefarious actions by some wardens

Great team environment

I loved my time there and there was plenty of scope to learn and grow as my role evolved. A very busy environment and never boring. It is challenging at the moment for the council and there has been a need to adapt quickly to a very different culture in a short space of time. The management are the key to all departments managing the transition and they take the responsibility of maintaining moral very seriously.

Communiation and culture poor

Lack of communication. Staff can be reluctant to show new staff the ropes. Definatly if your face fits you get on better. No idea about making staff feeling welcomed. Seems very disorganised and proper inductions not done.

do what your asked

to much bosses management not willing to take any ideas from the work floor staff to make jobs easier expecting to much from persons , run of the mill place to work dont over work your brain because you will always be wrong,was happy to take early retirement after 10 years at roads dept.tullos aberdeen

Good colleagues and flexible

Good location with good people working there but currently undergoing a big restructure. Good potential for advancement in current climate. Overall good place to work.

Pros

Flex-time

Cons

Very busy

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ABERDEEN CITY COUNCIL. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare ABERDEEN CITY COUNCIL with

ABERDEEN CITY COUNCIL reviews by location

• ABERDEEN CITY COUNCIL
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?