Abertawe Bro Morgannwg University Health Board

Abertawe Bro Morgannwg University Health Board Employee Reviews with Jobs

United Kingdom13 reviews

I was a temp

It was a good job and I enjoyed it however I felt there was no health and safety in place. I enjoyed meeting people and patients and got on really well with the staff there.

Some management departments coud be reviewed

Typical day sorting out mail, typing of letters for clinics,emailing. Sending and receiving of files. Sending out letters via post and email. Sorting out blood results.

Pros

Secure

Cons

Mangement problems

Insights into Abertawe Bro Morgannwg University Health Board

Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Fair pay for job
  • Energising work tasks

Poor management

Management within school nursing not willing to move forwards with the times and against progressive ideas from their own staff. There is a blame culture from the top down, and no ideas from within the team are taken on board, despite being evidence based and economical compared with current practices.

Neglects their responsibilities to overseas workers

This trust treats their overseas workers like expendables. Do not fall for their recruitment modus- they're just after filling their staff shortage. After they get what they want from you, they're going to let you fend for your own.

Cons

Unfair overseas employment arrangements, undeclared fine prints

Very good trust, compensates their employees very well

The best trust in Wales. Compensates their employees really well. People are nice and work as a team. Very fair in terms of schedule matters and benefits

Pros

Best place for gaining the best experience and professional skill

Very Supportive Management

Still currently working within the trust, have an excellent line management, the Ward Manager and Matron are very supportive and always encouraged me in my role and very keen on staff training

Pros

Helping patients and their families

Professional

The NHS have always been a good employer, with great benefits that includes overtime, bonus payments, pension schemes etc. A position within the NHS could end up being a job for life.

Competitive Salary and pension benefits

Security of working for a public company. Excellent benefits such a personal pension. Caring environment and support for staff. Encouragement for further development and regular professional development reviews.

Pros

Excellent working environment and benefits for staff

Nice and friendly

Little or no communication from management down when changes are being implemented. Unrest on current ward due to this as staff are in limbo. When I joined I loved the job and the people I worked with, it was a well run ward, we always get compliments about how nice and friendly the staff are and how helpful we all are. I look after my patients to the best of my ability and always give individualised, holistic care to my patients.

Pros

nice staff

Cons

management

Excellent company to be a part of with great opportunities to progress. Always feel like a valued member of staff and there are plenty of new learning experiences to be gained.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Abertawe Bro Morgannwg University Health Board?

Ward based

Since I usually work nights, after handover the qualified nurses tend to have half of the ward each. This means they are responsible for doing the medications and physical care for their patients. I usually to one patient at a time, after dispensing due medications we offer the toilet, to check physical areas, reposition for the night and ask if there is any other needs they have before moving on to the next patient. If a patient requires emergency medication we will do this as and when needed. Once all patients in our care have been given the above I tend to bring my written reports up to date. Then we check the controlled drugs and order more if needed. It is then a case of addressing the needs of the patient as they arise. Toileting, pain relief, nausea management etc. Sometimes we have family staying since a patient could be terminal and should they pass away we offer support to the family, give relevant information and do last offices after the family have left. We also do verification of death on the night shift. If needed we list property and send valuables to the overnight safe. Sometimes we have to call in relatives when patients deteriorate. The majority of the team have worked on the unit for many years and we each support the other. The unit for all its role is a relatively happy place and it is a joy to hear patients laugh. During my years at Ty Olwen I have learned about team work, shared goals and the feeling of being part of a hard working group who have the care of the patient as their number one goal.

Pros

Team work

Cons

To much paperwork

Top down mentality!

Staff on the front line are generally hard working and dedicated (save a few), however it remains a top-down business rather than the caring approach coming from bottom-up (front line lead) public service that it should be. Keep your back protected from knives at all times and your opinions to yourself, if you want to get on keep your head down and do as you're told!!!

Pros

the job itself -(after all it's a vocation)

Cons

management and brown nosers

nice place to work

Worked in the hospital environment previously, and staff are very well looked after can't fault it!!!!

Pros

meeting variety of different people

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Abertawe Bro Morgannwg University Health Board. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Abertawe Bro Morgannwg University Health Board with

Abertawe Bro Morgannwg University Health Board reviews by location

Learn about Abertawe Bro Morgannwg University Health Board in popular locations

• Abertawe Bro Morgannwg University Health Board
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?