Abicare Services

Abicare Services Employee Reviews

Was okay

Place was okay, but teams were a bit thirsty of power and rude while reporting to manager they teamed up just to be against you when you had the right and the proof.

Pros

Free food and rent

Cons

Team role was rubbish and gossiping, wages

Fun place to work

It's a fun place to work. However, the management team is horrible, doesn't care about the staffs. Poor communication, can change rota every hour without letting you know. Pick and drop non driver, if you refuse it, they cut the hours down lol. They treat you like "taxi". This company is a joke. If you stand up for yourself, you survive lol. They take you for granted if you keep quiet.

Pros

Working on your own, friendly service user

Cons

Picking and dropping non drivers

Very good

From the first moment of my collaboration with the company, I felt confident that there is always the manager helping, listening and give a solution in any possible problem. That kind of nice good working environment

Pros

Free covid test, travel expenses, food, accommodation

Cons

I have not found so far

A great place to work!

From applying to starting work at Abicare I felt welcomed and part of the team. The training I received was relevant, interesting and made enjoyable by the training team. A great company to work for with on-going support from management and colleagues. Every day is different which keeps the role interesting.

Pros

Supportive environment with great team work

Cons

Cannot think of any

7 October 2021
Thanks for your wonderful review, glad to know that you have received a warm welcome to the Abicare family.

Not for me bad experience all round

For me a total mistake even going for it. You constantly chase your tail to get all client visits done in one day . Sometimes 4 visits a day to one client .Pay not great and unsocial hours . Very stressful experience. Lot of wear and tear on your vehicle .

Pros

Can't think of any

Cons

Long hours . Stressful . Frlt unsupported.

Caring company

I have worked here a few years now and have progress with my development over the time with more opportunities to go further. I wouldn't look else were as this is where my loyal stays. We all look out for each other and team work is number 1. Training team always go above and beyond aswell as the carers themselves, our carers always go above and beyond and work well as a team delivering fantastic care out in the community making sure our clients have everything they need. Amazing company to come and work for of you are looking to come into care.

Pros

Team work

Cons

Stressful - takes over your whole life. Total lack of support from senior management team

I worked as a manager for Abicare for just over 2 years. Very happy for about 18 months of those.However due to recruitment problems my office teams were out covering ridiculous amounts of care and were exhausted and stressed. I could not keep the branch CQC compliant with the staff out so much. I reported on various occasions to various people the issues that we were having but it took for me to resign and for some of my team to also resign for them to start listening. Such a shame.

Pros

Superb training

Cons

Senior management

Jobs

Through out my 16 years working for Abicare, I have had three positions in the company. Home-help, full time carer, personal assistant to live in department.I have loved my time with Abicare, I wouldn't want to work anywhere else.I've received training, guidance, my job has been kept open while I've been off sick.Lovely company to work for.

Pros

Flexible hours

Cons

Stairs

Very rewarding and helpful

There is always someone there to answer your call whenever in doubt. Staffs very friendly, gel together and work as a team. Opportunity to work extra if needed. Management is very supply.If I have any issues with my pay, it is sorted swiftly. Absolutely love working for this company.

Pros

Good benefits and excellent training

Cons

Hours can be long and fear of running late due to traffic etc.

Very good working conditions

Good communication and we are told in advance what shifts we have which helps plan your week ahead of time. You meet loads of great people you can care for and get to know.

Pros

Meeting loads of new people

Cons

Traffic

Best team to work with.

I have worked for Abicare swindon now for 5 years and have slowly progressed up to be a manager.Now although this can be challenging, I have the best team to support myself with moving forward and growing swindon. We offer brillaint care and will always go that extra mile to get the bets outcomes for our clients.There is always someone helpful to talk fo if needed and all staff are very helpful in every aspect.

Great place to work and good career opportunities!

I have been working for Abicare for many years and l go home every day feeling like I have made a real difference to someone's life.They have fantastic vision and values. Management are extremely supportive, they have the best training I have ever come across. If you have ever considered working in care then I encourage you to take the plunge and do it!

Abicare services

From applying for the job to starting Abicare stuff we’re helpful, informative and I was made to feel at ease. Competitive salary good company feel valued

Pros

Work balance, good salary, job security

Cons

Haven’t found one yet

Satisfied

I have been working for Abicare for some months. Comparing with the company I had worked before, Abicare is way better. I always have someone to talk to and share my concerns,which is the most important thing about this kind of jobs. The pay is satisfying and always on time. The few problems I faced were with the clients and always solved quickly with the help of the manager. I recommended Abicare to friends, who are also satisfied.

Pros

Recruiters and managers

Cons

Nothing so far

Avoid

After working for Abicare I have had to seriously reconsider what care is. There is no management although there are titles, no communication between management and staff members and an extreme lack of communication with clients. Extremely rare you're given travel time and/or breaks unless you're in favour of the correct people. Unfortunately, you have to cut time off of each client's call allowance in order to make it to the next within their required slot. No work life balance, and constant bullying that is continuously left undealt with. I mean to the family members of and clients!... As well as staff or ex employees.

Cons

No traveltime, no breaks, terrible client service from management.

Currently work here

Amazing company cannot fault the management of the clients. Everyone is so supportive and positive. No awkward staffing issues or quarls between staff. Everyone gets on and that's how a work place should be

Pros

Good benefits, good support, amazing staff team

Cons

Not being paid by the hour

If management do not like you, you stand no chance

After almost year of working for this company, they no longer required my services. Over 10 years experience within care & I was unprofessionally told that “you do not fit our team”. No real reason for dismissal apart from that I was not a “clone” of the other cliquey staff members. No matter how well you do your job, if your face doesn’t fit, you will not succeed with this company.

Pros

Good hourly rate

Cons

If your face doesn’t fit, you will be made to feel unwelcome

28 June 2021
We are not sure you have the correct company, as we closed our Domiciliary care branch in Sussex 2017.

The best training, but Long hours and under paid

I did love working for Abi care.The staff and service users were amazing. The Training was the best I’ve ever been on, and totally prepared you for going out into the community and gave me so much confidence in being able to give the best care to my service users. Massive down falls was being out working from 6am to 10pm (Long day) you don’t get paid for the whole day. expected to work more and more hours even when you’ve said no. being on the rota to work you’re days off without asking first. My pay was never right at the end of the month always under paid.

Pros

Excellent training, rewarding

Cons

Long hours, underpaid

18 February 2021
We are sorry that you've decided to leave Abicare.  We endeavour to work flexibly with our carers to ensure they have a rota that fits in with their life. Care work can be unsociable hours, but we do pay hours worked, travel time, and mileage.

Wonderful company, a great place to start in care

Wonderful staff, super friendly, great training, fair wage, an amazing place to start a career in care.I really enjoyed my year with abicare. It made me really happy to go to work knowing I was making a difference and I was confident enough to do my job properly thanks to the intensive training.The pay per hour us great but you're only paid millage for travel so it woks out a little less when you actually think about it. Uniform provided and brilliant job security, especially in the current climate.

Pros

Friendly, fair pay, amazing training.

Cons

Long hours, evening and weekend commitments

A great place to work!

I have worked at Abicare for just over three years and I always feel fully supported in my role. I have seen my role evolve during my time here and I am always encouraged to work on my personal development so I can progress further in my role. I feel valued and proud to work for a company that deliver such wonderful and dedicated care and always support their staff.

Awful management

As a staff member there for a few years I've seen staff come and go. Management always to blame. Head office no better. Poor company to work for. They don't care about the staff or service users and frequently move their times without permission or notifying them.No confidentiality in the office staff at all and the key workers and ctm the same.Head office dont care either

Pros

Cons

High expectations, poor wage, no confidentiality

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Abicare Services. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3Job security/advancement