Abicare Services

Abicare Services Employee Reviews

Was okay

Place was okay, but teams were a bit thirsty of power and rude while reporting to manager they teamed up just to be against you when you had the right and the proof.

Pros

Free food and rent

Cons

Team role was rubbish and gossiping, wages

Caring company

I have worked here a few years now and have progress with my development over the time with more opportunities to go further. I wouldn't look else were as this is where my loyal stays. We all look out for each other and team work is number 1. Training team always go above and beyond aswell as the carers themselves, our carers always go above and beyond and work well as a team delivering fantastic care out in the community making sure our clients have everything they need. Amazing company to come and work for of you are looking to come into care.

Pros

Team work

Cons

Stressful - takes over your whole life. Total lack of support from senior management team

I worked as a manager for Abicare for just over 2 years. Very happy for about 18 months of those.However due to recruitment problems my office teams were out covering ridiculous amounts of care and were exhausted and stressed. I could not keep the branch CQC compliant with the staff out so much. I reported on various occasions to various people the issues that we were having but it took for me to resign and for some of my team to also resign for them to start listening. Such a shame.

Pros

Superb training

Cons

Senior management

Jobs

Through out my 16 years working for Abicare, I have had three positions in the company. Home-help, full time carer, personal assistant to live in department.I have loved my time with Abicare, I wouldn't want to work anywhere else.I've received training, guidance, my job has been kept open while I've been off sick.Lovely company to work for.

Pros

Flexible hours

Cons

Stairs

Very rewarding and helpful

There is always someone there to answer your call whenever in doubt. Staffs very friendly, gel together and work as a team. Opportunity to work extra if needed. Management is very supply.If I have any issues with my pay, it is sorted swiftly. Absolutely love working for this company.

Pros

Good benefits and excellent training

Cons

Hours can be long and fear of running late due to traffic etc.

Very good working conditions

Good communication and we are told in advance what shifts we have which helps plan your week ahead of time. You meet loads of great people you can care for and get to know.

Pros

Meeting loads of new people

Cons

Traffic

Great place to work and good career opportunities!

I have been working for Abicare for many years and l go home every day feeling like I have made a real difference to someone's life.They have fantastic vision and values. Management are extremely supportive, they have the best training I have ever come across. If you have ever considered working in care then I encourage you to take the plunge and do it!

Abicare services

From applying for the job to starting Abicare stuff we’re helpful, informative and I was made to feel at ease. Competitive salary good company feel valued

Pros

Work balance, good salary, job security

Cons

Haven’t found one yet

Supportive to Carers and Clients

In Abicare Carers will be able to communicate easy with their Managers, through Hangout Google App Account, email, text or mobile phones. Abicare company cares and provide support to Clients and employees.

Pros

Communication and Support

Cons

Long hours. Same as every other company when you work as Live in Carer

Satisfied

I have been working for Abicare for some months. Comparing with the company I had worked before, Abicare is way better. I always have someone to talk to and share my concerns,which is the most important thing about this kind of jobs. The pay is satisfying and always on time. The few problems I faced were with the clients and always solved quickly with the help of the manager. I recommended Abicare to friends, who are also satisfied.

Pros

Recruiters and managers

Cons

Nothing so far

Jobs at Abicare Services

See more jobs

Avoid

After working for Abicare I have had to seriously reconsider what care is. There is no management although there are titles, no communication between management and staff members and an extreme lack of communication with clients. Extremely rare you're given travel time and/or breaks unless you're in favour of the correct people. Unfortunately, you have to cut time off of each client's call allowance in order to make it to the next within their required slot. No work life balance, and constant bullying that is continuously left undealt with. I mean to the family members of and clients!... As well as staff or ex employees.

Cons

No traveltime, no breaks, terrible client service from management.

Currently work here

Amazing company cannot fault the management of the clients. Everyone is so supportive and positive. No awkward staffing issues or quarls between staff. Everyone gets on and that's how a work place should be

Pros

Good benefits, good support, amazing staff team

Cons

Not being paid by the hour

If management do not like you, you stand no chance

After almost year of working for this company, they no longer required my services. Over 10 years experience within care & I was unprofessionally told that “you do not fit our team”. No real reason for dismissal apart from that I was not a “clone” of the other cliquey staff members. No matter how well you do your job, if your face doesn’t fit, you will not succeed with this company.

Pros

Good hourly rate

Cons

If your face doesn’t fit, you will be made to feel unwelcome

28 June 2021
We are not sure you have the correct company, as we closed our Domiciliary care branch in Sussex 2017.

The best training, but Long hours and under paid

I did love working for Abi care.The staff and service users were amazing. The Training was the best I’ve ever been on, and totally prepared you for going out into the community and gave me so much confidence in being able to give the best care to my service users. Massive down falls was being out working from 6am to 10pm (Long day) you don’t get paid for the whole day. expected to work more and more hours even when you’ve said no. being on the rota to work you’re days off without asking first. My pay was never right at the end of the month always under paid.

Pros

Excellent training, rewarding

Cons

Long hours, underpaid

18 February 2021
We are sorry that you've decided to leave Abicare.  We endeavour to work flexibly with our carers to ensure they have a rota that fits in with their life. Care work can be unsociable hours, but we do pay hours worked, travel time, and mileage.

Wonderful company, a great place to start in care

Wonderful staff, super friendly, great training, fair wage, an amazing place to start a career in care.I really enjoyed my year with abicare. It made me really happy to go to work knowing I was making a difference and I was confident enough to do my job properly thanks to the intensive training.The pay per hour us great but you're only paid millage for travel so it woks out a little less when you actually think about it. Uniform provided and brilliant job security, especially in the current climate.

Pros

Friendly, fair pay, amazing training.

Cons

Long hours, evening and weekend commitments

A great place to work!

I have worked at Abicare for just over three years and I always feel fully supported in my role. I have seen my role evolve during my time here and I am always encouraged to work on my personal development so I can progress further in my role. I feel valued and proud to work for a company that deliver such wonderful and dedicated care and always support their staff.

Awful management

As a staff member there for a few years I've seen staff come and go. Management always to blame. Head office no better. Poor company to work for. They don't care about the staff or service users and frequently move their times without permission or notifying them.No confidentiality in the office staff at all and the key workers and ctm the same.Head office dont care either

Pros

Cons

High expectations, poor wage, no confidentiality

Good staff, poor management

complaining to management gets you treated as if your the problem for complaining. By default you will have no time to travel between clients, and asking for the time to get to them will result in hours between clients so you lose half the days pay (presumably a tactic used to make you not complain at having no time between them in future) A typical week will have your shifts changed without warning, often mid shift and if you have not noticed the changes made without being told of them its somehow your fault. Shifts are planned by default to give you clients furthest away from each other so you spend half your time travelling at a lower pay rate than with clients. A typical 12 hour shift 7 to 7 can vary from non stop no breaks travelling client to clients upto 100+ miles a day to 2-4hrs work spread over the 12 hours so your day is wasted for hardly any pay (latter the more common scenerio) Care staff are attentive to client needs, willing to go above and beyond for clients, but hindered by lack of local management skills, bad shift designs, lack of breaks and time to reach clients within their shifts.

Pros

Potential good pay if willing run self into ground to do non stop clients

Cons

None or short breaks in shift, excessive travelling to clients, need to check pay correct

Great Team to work with

In the 3 months that I have worked here I have really loved my job, the company do care a lot and have been brilliant at communicating with us all during the COVID-19 crisis. I am happy and really like everyone I work with.

First rate home care service

I enjoyed excellent management and supervision. Putting clients first was a given. Abicare were at the forefront with new services when I served there.

Fantastic Company

I Have worked for this company previously and now returned a year ago! brilliant and fair management team, always willing to help and accommodate me. Great development opportunities. the whole team are my extended family.

14 May 2020
Thank you for your kind words and happy that you have rejoined to the Abicare family,

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Abicare Services. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2Job security/advancement