Abicare Services

Clear
3.0Pay & benefits

Insights into Abicare Services

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Clear sense of purpose

Good teamwork but company put profits before staff & service users

Training is second to none, you learn everything you need to know & have regular updates. Great carers who get on well with career progression a certainty if you want to advance. It is profits before people- clients are charged for less than 24 hours notice of a cancellation but the carer doesn’t get paid- we used to. Different pay rates so clients are charged more after certain times- this is not passed on to staff. Live in side is not great, not enough staff to keep it going so carers going a long time- days- without a break. They insist someone will be out to relieve them but no one comes

Pros

Training is v good. Paid travel time

Cons

V long hours. You might have 6 visits in a day but be out for hours.

18 January 2022
Abicare values the work our carers do and as of February 2022 we are increasing all pay rates for staff, rewarding them not only for their qualifications, but also for their length of service.

Very good

From the first moment of my collaboration with the company, I felt confident that there is always the manager helping, listening and give a solution in any possible problem. That kind of nice good working environment

Pros

Free covid test, travel expenses, food, accommodation

Cons

I have not found so far

Very rewarding and helpful

There is always someone there to answer your call whenever in doubt. Staffs very friendly, gel together and work as a team. Opportunity to work extra if needed. Management is very supply.If I have any issues with my pay, it is sorted swiftly. Absolutely love working for this company.

Pros

Good benefits and excellent training

Cons

Hours can be long and fear of running late due to traffic etc.

Abicare services

From applying for the job to starting Abicare stuff we’re helpful, informative and I was made to feel at ease. Competitive salary good company feel valued

Pros

Work balance, good salary, job security

Cons

Haven’t found one yet

Currently work here

Amazing company cannot fault the management of the clients. Everyone is so supportive and positive. No awkward staffing issues or quarls between staff. Everyone gets on and that's how a work place should be

Pros

Good benefits, good support, amazing staff team

Cons

Not being paid by the hour

Wonderful company, a great place to start in care

Wonderful staff, super friendly, great training, fair wage, an amazing place to start a career in care.I really enjoyed my year with abicare. It made me really happy to go to work knowing I was making a difference and I was confident enough to do my job properly thanks to the intensive training.The pay per hour us great but you're only paid millage for travel so it woks out a little less when you actually think about it. Uniform provided and brilliant job security, especially in the current climate.

Pros

Friendly, fair pay, amazing training.

Cons

Long hours, evening and weekend commitments

Bad management

When I started at the company I had a days shadowing (meant to be 3) and was forced to go out on my own. For the first couple of months the hours were good but they’ve now partnered with another company and those staff have got all the hours. I’m a full time staff member and 4 days a week I’m only working 2 hours a day and the other days I work 5! Office staff don’t address concerns raised either and can be quite rude. Don’t work for this place!!

21 April 2020
We would like to apologise that you are not being allocated the hours, as we always need carers with flexible availability. We would love the opportunity to sort this issue out with you, so please do get in touch with your manager, who will work with you and your availability.

Excellent place to work

I have worked here for 7 years and still love it. Fantastic colleagues and clients. Pick your own availability (within reason) Very flexible and competitive pay!

amazing work, bad pay and working conditions.

The cost of petrol is not covered in your wage, even though they say it is. You are only paid for the time you work, so if unexpectedly a client dies, you could potentially lose hours of pay until another client is found. It is an amazing job that is super rewarding, taking care of people who need you. but the working conditions are just not feasible to support yourself.

Fab!

I started at Abicare in April after having time out to raise my children, and I wouldn’t look back. My hours are flexible and work around my children and home life. The management team are fab and always at the end of the phone if needed. The carers all get on great! Amazing team work all round. Looking forward to many more years to come! :)

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Abicare Services?

Good

I have worked for Abicare over 4 years now. They are a very good company to work for and offer a range of benefits. Thorough training provided and a great team to support eachother. Clients are lovely too!

14 October 2019
We are so grateful for your kind words. Thanks for sharing your review with us and the community.

work life balance very good, everyone very helpful

Abicare are good to work for, their issues as far as my opinion goes is that upper management got too involved in the day to day running of the branches, Directors calling care staff and HR involving themselves in non HR issues. The problem is that there are no clear lines of expectation and where i appreciate upper management want to help this confuses the workforce and undermines the managers authority. As much as open cultures are needed sometimes, and i am not the only manager that has expressed this opinion, staff do not like new managers and they leave or complain and where i understand there are processes to follow they have been going long enough to know that staff do not like new managers and try to push all of their buttons Abicare don't really listen to the managers view you are guilty before proven They have some unrealistic expectations of their managers in a way but i did enjoy working for them,.

Pros

senior managers tried to be helpful, great care workers

Cons

Managers on low salary

uncaring carer

haphazard pay and hours.poor management skills.friendly staff and management to face, not so much behind back. long hours followed by hardly any hours

Pros

get to help others less able and improve their lives

Cons

poor hours, poor management

23 April 2018
Dear carer - I am sorry that you are unhappy at the moment. Please do talk to your manager Beci or Kelda. You can also contact me directly by email - sandra.pitcairn@abicare.co.uk. We are here to listen to your concerns. We want to look after our carers - you are important to us. (HR Director)

not very commited to hours

not very committed to the hours you give at interview, very short staff and dont have aclue what they are doing within the community. very bad telephone manner

29 August 2017
We are sorry that you did not have a good experience and would like the opportunity to discuss in more detail, as your opinion does matter to us.The Salisbury team and management are always here to listen to your concerns over hours and different shifts. We offer flexible hours to suit the lifestyle of our carers and match them to meet the needs of our clients. You can work as little as 5 hours per week and up to 40 hours per week - we pay contact time with the client and also for the time you spend travelling in the car plus mileage. We receive excellent feedback regarding the 6 day induction all 'new to care' staff receive and Liz and the team are here to support their carers 24/7 with advice and guidance.

Awful company with office staff who threaten you.

I worked at this company for 5 months. They would change my rota on a hourly basis. You don't get paid for traveling times and often have to drive for half an hour in between jobs. I would be working a 40+ hour week and would get paid about 700 a month. Office staff are bully's and try to threaten you into doing short calls on your days off. The short 15 min calls are worth about £2 but then you have to deduct your fuel costs as well!

Pros

Cons

15 minute jobs worth £2 to you.

Fun work place

As a live in carer at Abicare I have experience a dificult time. The working times- intensive hours more that 12 hours a day for two service users, with little sleep during the night. In our case they place two live in carers on 12/12 hours shift as same wages.

Pros

Easy to reach management on time

Cons

long hours, low wages

not a very good place too work

management is poor, worked 30 hours a week and only got £400 for the month, no mileage paid, no travel time, don't take into consideration late night working then early morning working.

Pros

clients

Cons

pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Abicare Services. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3Job security/advancement