ABM Catering

ABM Catering Job security & advancement reviews

Clear
2.9Job security & advancement

Lovely company to work for and very flexible. I have worked for them for over a year now and I will continue to do so as they are great to work for and very friendly.

Poor management

Catering assistant for 8 yearsNever had pay rise other than government min wage increases Expected to cover supervisor role for no extra payQuick enough to criticise but never give praiseLine supervisor was great and colleagues but management very poor and high turnover of operation managers

Pros

Term time

Cons

Poor wage for work expected

Relief chef manager

The worst contract caterer I have ever worked for they put so much work on you even when I was sick and still working there was no support & couldn’t get anyone to cover me. Area manager had no catering experience couldn’t even make sandwiches for me !

Pros

Cons

Long hours, rubbish pay, way too much expected from employees

treated unfairly

dismissed after 2 weeks due to a genuine mistake on application form. Wasnt given a contract or an accurate induction pack. Not very professional manger at all.

Pros

plesant work colleagues

Cons

disgusting management and company

wonderful company

I have worked for ABM for just over a year, I have found the leadership team to be very supportive, work life balance is good, lovely contracts which have their own challenges

Pros

little to no weekend work

Cons

no health care

Bad company

Work for them for 5.years bad compaonly see the area manager once in a blue moon the staff there are a great bunch if it was not for them hard work the business wud a went down the heap still in contact with some ov. Them they just sack to people by letter because they are to gutless to come do it face to face one ov. The worst catering company I have every work for trust me

Discrimination & Bullying

Worst job ive ever had. Discrimination,bullying. communication is shocking! Staff turn round every 6months. Line manager does not offer in house staff more hours, Would rather go to an agency dispite passing probation period. Line manager insisted probation was 6months when contract clearly states 3months. No proper cleaning rota/job role for different parts of the kitchen. Manager seems untouchable dispite staff and agency leaving negative feedback. Think twice before working here because management is extremely poor. Not a ppy atmosphere to work. The only good thing and i do mean that is the school hours!

I would not recommend working there

There was no support from my manager as I asked her for help and support I received no training and she would never answer her phone or emails a lot of pressure

Good fun

Enjoyed various shift work covering a number of different shift patterns. Management was great and at the time the role taught me a lot of transferable communications skills.

Bossy

I worked here for 2 weeks.the manager was meant to be in charge.i didnt like being given orders by another assistant.being told can you do this.i said iv got my jobs from my boss julie harris.the catering assistant telling me i didnt sweep properly,plates are piling up,blah blah blah.the hours was suitable .all school holidays off.be annoyed really that 1 person can upset the apple cart

Pros

Good hours

Cons

Bossy person

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at ABM Catering?

Varied Role Opportunities Given

This was a place where I really started at entry level and worked my way up and diversified my role in a few different ways. Events meant varied work but with the ability to stay consistent if you chose. The team I worked with were brilliant and the management listened if there was an issue or if you wanted to move forward with what you were doing.

Previous employee

In my 4 years here I had such a fab time, learnt so much got help when needed for relevant training, made some amazing friends & felt rewarded each day.

Lovely place to work

ABM themselves are a good company to work for but to be honest it’s the unit that you work in depends on if you like the job. I’ve been lucky have worked in 2 different units and loved them both. Have certainly worked for some much worse companies!

Pros

Friendly teams

Cons

Basic wage

Very Interesting

Working for ABM catering at Britannina Stadium was a interesting and fun job, i was constantly put under pressure in difficult situations whihc was a goood test and learning curve for me.

not great

The company wasn't a very good company to work for all the priorities were not right.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ABM Catering. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9Job security/advancement

Compare ABM Catering with

• ABM Catering
  • Job Security & Advancement
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?