ABM Catering

ABM Catering Pay & benefits reviews

Clear
2.8Pay & benefits

Stressful

Working at ABM is stressful as the management don’t have to give you shifts as it’s a ZERO Hour Contract... sometimes wages are missed and you have to wait for them to pay you in cash. Also there’s no really any benefits for working for the company. Colleagues are supportive of each other and it makes your shift more positive.

Poor management

Catering assistant for 8 yearsNever had pay rise other than government min wage increases Expected to cover supervisor role for no extra payQuick enough to criticise but never give praiseLine supervisor was great and colleagues but management very poor and high turnover of operation managers

Pros

Term time

Cons

Poor wage for work expected

Stay away if you can!

Company doesn’t care about their employees. Employees on long term sick are not replaced, so you are constantly understaffed. Company not listening to suggestions, they always think they know the best. Everything is about profits, food is poor quality.

Pros

Cons

Long shifts with minimal brake, low pay, no benefits

ABM Catering

It’s a good place if you’re 16 and need a part time job. the hours and pay are shocking for the amount you’re expected to do. Only go here if you’re struggling.

abm review

This company did not have their own catering manager and seem like they are new to running a company like this, they do not fully provide enough staff to complete the work demands such as cleaning and catering duties and the staff who are there struggle to provide a 1st rate service as there is now verbal or physical support and there is not enough staff if demands end up being greater than originally anticipated, wages have been missed and there are no actual staff benefits due to it being a zero hour contract, no meal is provided during working hours and breaks are a minium to which have to be allowed legally.

Pros

no pros

Cons

all con

fun

staff are fun to work with and it is not too busy which is nice. pay is good and he job is enjoyable. customers are always friendly and lunch is always provided for free

Pros

free lunch

Cons

sometimes boring

Very fun and great money

I really enjoy working for ABM catering. I get along very well with my colleagues and have a lot of fun doing the job with them. The job is fast paced, which I enjoy and the wages are very good.

Pros

Short hours, enjoyable

Cons

Some customers can be rude

Fun place to work

always look after staff and make sure that everyone is happy. always make sure you have update training and pay is fair. Can be long hours however everyone gets on which makes the job a lot better

great company to work for

The company has plenty of benefits for someone to work for and provide training where relevant. The working environment was excellent. an evening at work would consist of cleaning main work areas, toilets, canteen and main reception where you work as a 3 person team.I learnt a lot from the job about health and safety, safety in the work place, health and hygiene, customer relations and how to work effectively within a tea as well as working independently. the workplace was a diverse place to work with all ethnic backgrounds. Any job has its days when it can be challenging but by confiding in your work collegues and other staff members the job is done best to your ability. I enjoyed working for this company as I iked interacting with mebers of staff as we all all on the same team.

Productive and fun workplace.

Good company to work for however not long enough breaks and I don’t agree with the pay. It’s a nice job but I’d prefer to work somewhere else where breaks are longer than 15 minuites.

Pros

Free lunches sometimes

Cons

Short breaks

Fun workplace, poor management for team I was in.

Job was easy in relation to other jobs that I have done, however it was made very annoying by the management that I was under, regarding kitchen manager.

Pros

Free lunches

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ABM Catering. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9Job security/advancement