ABM Catering

ABM Catering Work-life balance reviews

Clear
2.8Pay & benefits

Stressful

Working at ABM is stressful as the management don’t have to give you shifts as it’s a ZERO Hour Contract... sometimes wages are missed and you have to wait for them to pay you in cash. Also there’s no really any benefits for working for the company. Colleagues are supportive of each other and it makes your shift more positive.

Relief chef manager

The worst contract caterer I have ever worked for they put so much work on you even when I was sick and still working there was no support & couldn’t get anyone to cover me. Area manager had no catering experience couldn’t even make sandwiches for me !

Pros

Cons

Long hours, rubbish pay, way too much expected from employees

Good Company

A good company to work for, if you're honest and hardworking you are rewarded. Management are fair and work hard along side the employee, they never ask you to do anything they wouldn't do.

Pros

Understanding and helpful management

Cons

None - I really enjoy my job.

Absolute disgrace

People should be warned not to work for such a disorganized company. Management sitting on there back sides ,bringing there problems I to work pfft . I could go on and along with them helping there selves. Corrupt isnt good enough and the money they are on too.

wonderful company

I have worked for ABM for just over a year, I have found the leadership team to be very supportive, work life balance is good, lovely contracts which have their own challenges

Pros

little to no weekend work

Cons

no health care

Stressful and tiring

Expect you to be ready for your shift 15 minutes before it starts. Always understaffed people phoning in sick or just don’t come back. Expect you not to talk to other staff all day. Half hour break for 8 hour shift by the time get to the smoking hut you’ve got about 12 minutes left. Management are rude talk about you behind your back...stand there watching u struggle with a big queue of customers whilst they chin wagging. On your feet all day long no where to sit even on break time. JUST COMPLETLEY AVOID.

Fun place to work

always look after staff and make sure that everyone is happy. always make sure you have update training and pay is fair. Can be long hours however everyone gets on which makes the job a lot better

Varied Role Opportunities Given

This was a place where I really started at entry level and worked my way up and diversified my role in a few different ways. Events meant varied work but with the ability to stay consistent if you chose. The team I worked with were brilliant and the management listened if there was an issue or if you wanted to move forward with what you were doing.

Previous employee

In my 4 years here I had such a fab time, learnt so much got help when needed for relevant training, made some amazing friends & felt rewarded each day.

AMB catering- friendly atmosphere, team efforts,

-minimum wage for a tiring job -shifts only once a fortnight to a month - friendly co-workers to get along with - managers communicate well with workers - forever on feet - allows people to help - better during winter where more hours are given - different departments are given more hours (unfair to some workers)

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at ABM Catering?

Matchday Catering Assistant

Serving the stoke supporters with a smile & getting a smile back helps the job,knowing how well the team are doing by the expression on peoples faces helps me & the team I work with as we are all supporters as well. Its half tme when its hard going as people are hungry so im on my feet quick as possible & the most enjoyable part is knowing I've done a good service by no one having the wrong item & coming back

not great

The company wasn't a very good company to work for all the priorities were not right.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ABM Catering. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9Job security/advancement