ABM Ind.

ABM Ind. Employee Reviews

United Kingdom86 reviews

Found 86 reviews matching the searchSee all 9,776 reviews
siteshiftbadlongstaffyearhourtraining

Good place to work, but 'personalities' can get in the way

For the majority of the time I was at ABM, the overall culture was good, however, depending on whom your line manager was, favoritism could get in the way if you highlighted a 'liked' employees pitfalls. During my time there, some inexperienced staff were allowed to drop the ball and nothing would be said, yet others would be reprimanded for having the same faults.

Pros

Weekly fruit & healthy food at the head office.

Cons

Long hours.

wouldn't recommend it for anyone

they didn't even had a restroom for staff, the staff got their restroom bout after one and a half years later , and that to with no sink per water for the staff to drink and clean their utensils, management lies about the overtime rate sayin that they getting double pay if we come on our day off , and later wen it comes pay day and after we check our payslips there's no money added to our overtime rates and we receive flat rates ,

Pros

nothing at all

Cons

less hours, cant even get to take all our holidays at once, some staff get their holidays denied.

Insights into ABM Ind.

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Sense of belonging

Good pay but bad shift.

It’s a good job that pays well and you can travel to many places but the shifts are terrible. You sometimes work a day in a week and have to beg for a shift. I wouldn’t recommend at all.

Pros

Travels and pay

Cons

No shifts sometimes, bad management as they are not open and honest with you.

If you like favouritism this company is for you

Not impressed too much politics going on and backside licking get promoted. Forget what skills you have as nobody will look at that in this company.

Pros

Non

Cons

Nothing is free

Management con

I have worked at ABM Gatwick for 4 years . I have still there there place is a joke to work for . There has been no proper training , no proper uniform, company just likes to save money then look after employees.From time to time wages are wrong .Many people are talking about looking for a new jobs

Pros

Non

Nice site to work

Excellent service and good managers also very good communication via email or phone or in person so basically I had a fantastic time while I was working for them

Pros

Excellent service

Worse company ever

Don't care about employees trying to be a security supplier but failing at it. Managers you never see there just shout there orders at you lie all the time and do nothing worse company in security ever no wonder people are leaving avoid at all costs. Clients just give you silly amount to do and treat you badly just avoid

Pros

Cons

Long hours silly workload

Horrid place

People are rude. I used to work full time and get paid the least. Doing journeys in the airport and shift isn’t a light job. People need to get paid way more.

Long hours and lack of information at all levels.

Management expect staff to know information that hasn't been discussed or trained.Long repetitive work.I was lied to about the wage.For a job like this the salary should be £30.000Worked in an Amazon Warehouse and sometimes it feelsike a prison.

Worse company to ever work for

This is by far the worse company in Manchester airport to work for!! If your face doesn’t fit they find a way to get you out. To the point of bullying you to leave in a way they can get away with. I pitty everyone who works there and for the others they will employ. Management and team leaders couldn’t run a bath even if the tap was on.

Pros

Cons

Bad management and can’t trust any of them

Solid Security Job

As you would expect, there’s patrolling, CCTV monitoring, equipment and maintenance checks. Monthly checks and weekly checks. Site client and direct management are a pleasure to work with.

Pros

Occasional gifts and sweet boxes

Cons

12 hour shifts can be tiresome but manageable

Loved the work {shame about being made redundant}

It is a very good company to work for.The managers were excellent and we had a good working relationship alsothey were supportive.Whilst in the canteen on slow days it could be interesting but on a whole the rest of the staff were good.The hardest part of the job was being made redundant.The feeling that I was making passenger`s journey`s better.

Pros

helping people that need it and being appreciated

Cons

At times too many jobs to do {but you do it with a smile}

Great colleagues, good management, shift work, can be early start as 4 am and late finish at 1 am, good facilities on site, staff discount at the local food outlets

ABM Industries, Hello COVID 20 West Quay

Abm industries are easily the worst company on this planet to work for. They show no respect to those workers on the ground who understand what needs to get the job done. Instead, they let the shopping centre, West Quay in Southampton get riddled with rats, urine and faeces, dirty needles and rubbish. And despite the managements knowledge of all this, at all levels in ABM head office and in Southampton, everyone I have spoken to, are clueless. You're left shaking your head and wondering how they got to be a fortune 500 company. If it wasn't for the worker ants, nothing would get done here. In all my working life, over 30 years, I have never worked for a company run so poorly, ABM in Southampton. I have worked for many years now at West Quay, and have only seen the manager three times, he's always out, and the operations manager is always sick. Many of the supervisors are more clued up than those in suits, with the exception of one that just snorts, grunts and shouts his way throughout the day for all to hear. Very unprofessional, many a morning I have heard him shouting at staff, its no teddy bears picnic here. Now after the dangers of covid 19, they have been consistently cutting staff levels at ground zero, to the point that i feel its a real danger to shop there, we needed to tackle Covid 19, and thats a real shame, but ABM just watch and wait for Covid 20. West Quay still do have some of the best shop staff, good cleaners and friendly security I have had the pleasure to work with. However, cameras don't clean, serve or protect anyone, workers do, and -

Pros

Some good worker ant cleaners

Cons

Everything else

Happy

Good company to work for, always available to solve any issues whether professional or personnal.very progressive structure for advancement in your role

Pros

Professional

If you get a job here you will want to leave within a couple weeks

Warning signs from the first day. Uniform didnt fit despite being measured on site, had no training the first week and the second week I was working on my own and expected to know the job inside and out, the management are unhelpful and frequently verbally abusive, security guards spend more time spying on staff than patrolling the centre

Pros

A few good coworkers

Cons

Poor wages, poor management, abusive climate

Run Bad. Poor Company to work for

Typical day at work would be pushing wheelchairs with disabled passengers in. normally they just moan at you. the management is poor in that company as you are just left to do things on your own, like sort out your own problems. pay is terrible for what you have to go through.

Pros

Not a lot really.

Cons

Long hours, poor management

Fun place to work

Excellent job service guiding the passengers and helping the passengers in case of any problem. Handling the passengers when it gets very busy . Most enjoyable part of the job we work as a team together as a ABM family .

Just a number

I worked for ABM as a security officer it is by far the worst company to work for racism and discrimination is very common back stabbers the shopping centre management dont care about you all they care is about themselves if your face does not fit they will take advantage of you I worked at queensmere in slough and the worst place I have ever worked no unions what so ever the list goes on. The centre management team run by savills are racist the deputy centre manger there picks and chooses who he wants there and if you fall I'll they wilp they will do everything to force you out like a security guard who worked there for 40 years and when he died nobody went to his funeral. management centre ma

Pros

Cons

Alot

Loved working

Enjoyed and learnt a lot from working with abm. I cleaned in buttermarket for over 2years I learnt a lot about machines and worked very well with the rest of the team.

Night train cleaner

Job for very strong and health people. Most of The workers are non speaking english Romanian girls and people from Africa. The interview was horrible.The african guy did say nothing about exams,salaries,etc. Lack of organization.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ABM Ind.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement
  • ABM Ind.
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?