ABP

ABP Employee Reviews

Being entrusted with individual project work usually important document and data analysis. I have increased my confidence and my attention to detail through the work I have been a part of at ABP. The job was fairly laid back, as long as the work was done I could manage my week to how I saw fit. Whether that was going out on farm to see the farmers in person, visiting other sites, leading tours, being in office or going to collection centres. I was able to organise and run events for farmers through ABP to help with development and productivity. Management was supportive and had very good leadership when it came to helping my development in an office based environment.
Friendly and warm staff. Could do with more diversity. Nice and central site in London.I was on a project and it was good as projects go.150 words is a lot.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Values based company with multi-cultural workforce. Willing to employ and invest in people with or without previous experience. Opportunities to train and develop within a structured environment.good processes and procedures have been put in place to protect its workers from covid
Pros
Day shift hours, no weekend working required
The company puts a great deal of effort into training and progressing it staff. Having started in abattoir myself i learnt all the different jobs within the abattoir, before being progressed into the management team in a completely new role, with the new role I'm currently enrolled on an apprenticeship to make sure i have the skills required to fulfil my role.Some days can be challenging and all the the production jobs can be quite physical to start with. Being a smaller site there is a great friendly atmosphere where everybody gets on well.
It just bad. You dont know your days off you can be working for up to 60 hours a week and only be paid for 40. When your new to the role you need to know everything becuase the lower management doesn't train you. Senior management dont care about your views. Your just a number.
Pros
Cons
everything with the stevedore department
Job work/life balance very friendly stuff great environment to work in Love the travelling to various different ports. Very flexible, understanding and focuses mainly on health and safety at work
Pros
Great company to work for
Cons
Job security
Abp runs on a day to day basis working at the drop of a phone call, Woking up to 12 days straight working 12 hour days not a good family based place to work
What a joke of a place, out of everyone on workshop floor there were maybe 4 of which spoke English (me being 1 of them) People coming up shouting in a foreign language 🤷🏼🤷🏼🤷🏼
Pros
It’s a job
Cons
It a rubbish job
My experience at ABP was good all in all even though finishing early to relocate to Falmouth but that being said, I wish I was able to finish because it would of been an amazing opportunity.
The one thing I can not complain about is the team of workers on the factory floor as they are extremely committed and hard working. I was welcomed in with open arms and made to be feel like family. When asked how I was settling in I told management that we were bonding very well and all enjoying our work. I was then told by a member of the technical management team "We don't care about that, treat them like **** and just get the job done" When I said I wouldn't treat people like that I was told that I should consider my role at the company so I left. I feel so sorry for the workers there as they deserve so much better.
A culture of bullying and indifference. No regard for any qualification you may have from former jobs. Pay may increase if your face fits, otherwise forget it.
All of the employees are kind and helpful and the managers take time to properly show you what you are supposed to do and will demonstrate themselves if you struggle
Excellent company -well paid job and good prospects for promotion. Company took health and safety seriously and looked after employees well. Would work for them again
Pros
Pay, training and prospects
Cons
Opportunity to learn english. Good workplace , nice and big canteen, Good conversation with managers, and all problems solved. Good organisation jobs.
Pros
Very good meals
Cons
Cold
I worked there through an agency and got let go within one week. This was because they refused to train me and I forgot my card one day and had a private mental health moment. They do not respect mental health and noone there would speak to me even though I was (supposed to be) training. They say they will work with you but then say it is an inconvenience even though they offered.
Pros
Cheap food
Cons
Firma nastawiona na wykorzystanie taniej siły roboczej że wschodu Europy.
I worked for them for over twenty years until radical changes were implemented in 2015 which ended in me having a break down due to the excessive night work which sadly caused me to leave.The arrogant and aggressive managment that are now in charge didnt care and cant be reasoned with.But i was lucky to of had many good years there.New comers are not so fortunate with much lower pay and crazy shift systems in place. But conditions depend on what department your in and if your ok with being a brown nose.
Pros
High pay
Cons
Shift work and loss of social life
it was great fun to work with everyone. each day was very different to the next as expected in a busy port. the best part was being out on the water and the worst part was some of the waiting around you did and even then it was alright because all of the employees were friendly and would strike up a conversation to pass the time.
Was eight hours per day, five days per week and a very hard job and the payment was not so good and they force me stay to finish all the product and the as well was the overtime and because of that I change my job.
Pros
cantine on site, coat and hair net
Cons
long hours, hard job mental and fizic and very cold and dry place.
A typical day at work arrive at 6 and after a safety talk then straight up the crane and start discharging or loading the vessel . I enjoy working here because of job satifaction its enjoyable after seeing a ship leave the port knowing that you and your team have discharged and loaded it . The hardest part of the job is the long hours and not spending much time at home with my family .
Pros
Good workmates
Cons
Long hours no balance
During my time at abp i worked from 8 til 2 daily in the boning hall which included stripping meat of the bone i stayed at this job for just over 2 months as i wernt cut out for it
  1. Employee reviews