Absolute Interpreting & Translations Ltd

Absolute Interpreting & Translations Ltd Employee Reviews

Work-life balance

I'm a self employed interpreter with them and they offer me jobs via phone, email and their online portal and i accept them according to my availability. They are quite friendly and problem solver.

Good Training

Training is quite long, should have spilted into 4 days. It was fun and alots of role plays. The class size is huge and lots of interpreters going to the same training.

Effective and productive

*Staff are accommodating.*Training is very dynamic and driven, it was really a big help to enhance or equip even more my ability and skills. *Fun workplace

Pros

materials that they provide are helpful and the company is very thoughtful by giving a free coarse .

Cons

none so far

Productive Training

I would like to thank you for the 3-day training course I've recently had with you. I've gained new knowledge about interpreting and skills which, I believe, will help me to become a professional in my field. Have a prosperous New Year!

Interesting and thoughtful

It was a good interesting training to attend to during which I was learning some features about my job that I was not aware of previously when working as a Interpreter.

Pros

Inspiring

Cons

To many people during the training

Great job with not so great pay conditions

Unfortunately had to stop accept bookings due to continuous issue with pay. First it was my bank details they didn't have, took a lot of explaining to receive money earnt. They use every excuse to reduce payment/ add penalty. My advice is - record everything, all contact etc as it will be used against you so they don't have to pay.Payment sheet/ invoice always late and has to be chased.Contact becomes very rude and abrupt quickly when you ask for money and have issues with payment.In overall- sadly can't recommend, which is a shame, cause the job itself is lovely but its less stressful when you do it as a volunteer - then you know youre not getting paid and you help in community.

Pros

Flexible hours

Cons

Issues with pay

Easy Structure / Professional / Easy

If you are looking for a professional company that will give you free training, role plays to put you on the spot that will result in you learning no matter what, Absolute Interpreting is it.

Professional

Great and professional service. The company is reliable and I never experienced any serious problem. I enjoy working with Absolute Interpreting & Translations Ltd

productive and practical

First i worked with Absolute Interpreting & Translations Ltd as freelance interpreter.. the job details sent me through the phone and only meeting with management every two weeks ..so was hassle free and nothing stressful,, i really enjoyed worked with Absolute Interpreting & Translations Ltd and strongly recommended for anyone who like to work with them ..very punctual about the payment.

Cooperative and rewarding

I worked at absolute for a total of 6months over. I found the booking coordinators to be helpful and component. The work was as described and I never experienced any issues with payment. The work itself was highly rewarding. The only issue was at the very start being organized enough to arrive at work was a bit of trouble, but I soon got over that.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Absolute Interpreting & Translations Ltd?

A reliable company, reccomended!

After a few years of service in this company, I can only express my gratefulness and my satisfaction for working here because it is the best translation and interpreting company I could ask for. It is reliable and I never experienced any serious problem, I am one of its freelance interpreters and I am part of the translator team as well. Of course, as any busy and hard-working translation company, there is a lot of job, but, contrarily to what others said, that is a pro in my opinion. Pay is fair and regular, for any issue the manager and the staff are available and helpful. Contrarily to some companies, Absolute covers the transports (tickets, fuel,...) to go to the places for the f2f interpreting services and I have always been refunded for those expenses. Before starting my interpreting service I had been trained by the Managing Director that regularly provides free Public Service Interpreting courses, allowing the intepreters to practice, improve, learn and to attend refreshing courses. I conclude with saying that working here for me is just rewarding! RECCOMENDED!!!

rubbish company

I have done job since Mars 2019. I am still waiting for my payment to be paid. They don't reply emails. I am frustrating. Please don't do any jobs with them because they are absolutely rubbish. I would rather get job seeker allowance than working with this rubbish company.

Great company and staff

Absolute interpreting is a great company and the staff are very friendly and helpful. However in my opinion the pay could be better considering that the jobs are only as and when and for a short time. For example for a booking of 1 hour it takes you longer to go there and back then the actual paid work. Hence they could do with raising the pay and probably they will have more interest from the interpreters to take in more bookings.

Pros

Very organised

Cons

Low pay

paying bare minimum

They don't care. They will keep hiring new interpreters. They won't pay your travel expenses and if they can get away with it they won't pay you ANYTHING at all

A Trusted Company

I read some subjective and objective reviews. From my experience this is the best translation company you could work for. Yes, it is demanding like any job in it is a busy office. Pay is fair and payment is on time every month. I can't expect more as long as I am paid on time.

Pros

Trusted and a stable company with nationwide cover

Cons

No bookings by SMS

Would not recommend

Well below market average wages (10 quids an hour) as an interpreter and does not pay you extras when session overruns. Venue often takes long to travel to, equating to a 3 hour return journey for one booking, making the 10 quids for your work a day worthless. Was offered an office job for, quote, "national minimum wage" with no overtime pay as a university graduate, which I considered an insult.

Cons

unstable work

Stressful environment

We all know that working in a translation agency implies working under pressure and with very strict deadlines, but working here you'll be expected to take a lot of responsibilities. Only apply if you like to be very independent and that you handle pressure well..

Pros

Friendly atmosphere

Cons

Overload of work

Flexible working environment

Its a pleasant organisation to work for with job security. Also with their improved electronic system they are more organised and efficient in allocating jobs to certain individuals.

flexible

This company expects the best of people without giving the best training or advice. Not keeping me informed about any changes relating the job, whether its paperwork, regulation or pay. I did love the choice the gave whether or not I wanted to take a job. I don't have much information prior to the job as to what case I will have which can be difficult sometimes. I learnt how 3rd parties are involved and what it means to the interpreter.

Pros

refunds on any travel expenses

Cons

not knowing much prior to the case

Ok

a good temporary job overall not enough support co workers not helpful enough

Challenging and Busy

A typical day at work at Absolute is busy and demanding, yet satisfying and rewarding. Both my language skills and my organizational ones improved notably.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Absolute Interpreting & Translations Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4Job security/advancement