Academics Ltd

Working at Academics Ltd: 25 Academics Ltd Reviews

United Kingdom25 reviews

Okay

Working with the kids is the best part, however, dealing with rude and unsupportive staff can be exhausting. Recruitment consultants aren't the best. I will be booked for work and other consultants will constantly call asking for availability when they should be able to see that I am already booked. Or they will say they are trying their best to find work for you but don't get in touch after that. And others just want a pay check from booking you.

Pros

Very friendly, will listen to what you want to get out of your experiences, match you with the right role/school

Cons

Work not always guaranteed, a lot of places are rude towards agency workers, they will assume you’re inexperienced instead of being helpful

Recommend

Really great agency to work for and often got work in advance instead of called on the day. Would recommend working here to anyone interested in gaining experience with working with school pupils.

Pros

Flexible

Cons

Pay isn’t great but a good way to sample before doing a QTS and gain behaviour management skills, etc.

Excellent company to work for

Everyone at Academics is friendly and helpful. They really take time to make you feel valued. Would highly recommend working for this company. The management will strive to find you the best fit for your circumstances.

Pros

Friendly team

Overall, a lovely company to work for

Everyone I have spoken to at this company have been beyond kind and helpful.Working with Academics has been great, they always work with my schedule and get me work. Every school I have gone to has been great too.The only downside is the work isn't particularly great for a full-time job as days that they need you can differ from week to week. Furthermore, they may ring you in the morning to go to a school, which is difficult if you don't have a car but isn't too bad if you do.

Pros

Great work environment, great staff.

Cons

Hours differ from week to week, can call you in last minute.

Practitioner

Acedmics is a really good company they find you jobs really quick and really helpful. The staff are really polite and get back to people really quickly.

The team are lovely!!

As an agency representative you’re given a agent who covers your locality. I’ve had three in total and all of them have been friendly, approachable and genuinely seemed to care about my well-being. I felt very supported by all the staff at Academics and have absolutely no complaints! If I had a problem I felt very uncomfortable in going to the agency even-though I normally wouldn’t have to as a member of the team will regularly check in which always made me feel supported. The only complaints I have is about the roles themselves in regards to pay but that is the nature of being a teachers assistant and Academics pays a fair wage compared to other agencies.

Pros

Friendly staff, Approachable team, good levels of support in the role

Cons

No set hours but the same daily rate for differing amounts of work

Good people to work with

Always well looked after, all agents are very friendly. Good communication. Always have the opportunity to discuss the work. The work is always varied.

Pros

Flexibility

Teaching assistant

I've joined Academics and within 2 weeks I was given a job. Ive worked in a secondary school as a Teaching assistant and it was really good, had a great time and great team. Very good staff from the agency , always helped me and I always had the support I needed. Very good communication. Good pay and always have jobs available. They work around you and always support you. Ive enjoyed working with the company and I I've had great time and it was good to meet staff and work at different settings.

Amazing place to work

You get a lot of experience. It is completely suited around when you can work. Can differ week to week. Completely up to you. Unfortunately I had to end my work with them as I couldn't fit it around my uniwork and caring for my mum. But is a great place to work.

Prompt and professional

Working for Academics has been a pleasure as the staff are lovely and respond as quick as they can. Great school experience and quick school experience. I was given a school to work in within a week or so of being cleared to to work. Could be a bit stressful if they phoned early in the morning asking you to go somewhere which is only accessible by public transport if you don't drive. Overall a pleasant company to work with.

Good agency

This agency is good and they do try and help you get in the different schools you want to go into. The agent I had was helpful. Working within the agency is very flexible. They don't calm you on the days you don't want to work. The only problem is that you don't always know when you are working until the actual day when the agency calls you at 7:30 or 8am.

Great Company

Management are very professional and always strive to get you a longterm contract and if not work hard to get your a placemnet everyday.A typical day at work is fantastic. Ive rarely had a difficult experience wokrin for this agency compared to others.

Pros

Great Management, Flexible around employee

Cons

N/a

Good service

Registration was quick and simple and I was able to start work quickly. The team were helpful and easy to communicate with. I am looking forward to working with them

Efficient and well organised

I have worked for a few agencies and can say that Academics have been professional and promt in dealing with all areas of the business.Polite staff , good communication and painless pay system.

Uneriousness and great waste of time !!

Very unserious company. No chance if you are a very good worldwide teacher, with some UK experience. No call back since cleared to work and interview 3-4 months ago. Stay away from them especially if you are looking for supply roles !

Unstable

Perfect for the person who wants to have a job that changes from day today, And includes a lot of travel. It’s not always reliable and you could be given a placement last minute

Good but not excellent

A typical day involves delivering work to students that has been left for them by their teacher. It is very challenging but rewarding. The hardest part of the job is dealing with behaviours and the most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people everyday.

Pros

Good classroom experience

Cons

Not guarenteed everyday work

very good

easy to get in touch with,pleasant and helpful with any concerns.Very quick at getting you work and follows up with phone calls to see how you are doing.Keeps contact with school that you have been assigned to.

A good supportive team when being a supply teacher

Assisted with classroom instruction in the absence of a lead teacher. This includes performing all the jobs of a regular teacher including handling lessons, ensuring that classroom supplies are aplenty, and making sure that normal classroom routines are followed and discipline is maintained.

working for the academics agency

academics has provided me with lots of experience withing a proper working environment that i did not have before. i have enjoyed working for them and the staff are friendly as well.

Pros

flexible work hours

Cons

sometimes have to travel long distance at short notice

Great to get valuable experience.

Great place to go if you need experience. Working in lots of different settings and learn about that setting and how they work as well as meeting different staff. The hardest part about working for an Agency is that you never know if your going to get any work. The most enjoyable part of the job is that you gain experience different roles in different settings.

Pros

Good experience

Cons

Not a permanent job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Academics Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Academics Ltd with

• Academics Ltd
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?