Accent Catering Services Ltd

Working at Accent Catering Services Ltd: 15 Reviews

United Kingdom15 reviews

Productive and fun work place

•Very busy •Team working •Working to a deadline Very easy to get on with my co workers and dealing with children of young ages and there parents. Dealing with high priority staff in the right manner.

Money driven, bad management

This company are happy to let standards slide, staff to be over worked and underpaid for the work expected of them. They want sales but think you can achieve when understaffed.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Lack of staff and staff support from upper management

Insights into Accent Catering Services Ltd

What people like
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction

The company that let's you shine as a Individual person.

I'll go back to Accent catering any day!!All Foods cooked from scratch with Fresh produce. Nothing out the packet!!Hard work pays off with Happy customers. I've seen management's put on the Aprons & stepped in to Help when needed.Asked Individually as a person if all is OK at work place. If any issue's at work were also delt with in a professional manner. I felt confident enough to say it how I felt. Amazing People & company to work for. They look after there employee's. Thank You Accent for letting me grow learnt soo much!!

Good company

Good company to work for .but if they get to big they won't be Like most catering company struggling during pandemic and especially with the price increases.But oterall would recommend working for them.

Pros

Smallish company

Cons

Not enough support staff

Productive and fun

Busy and rewarding.Company will teach you and support you if you want to learn. All food is freshly made. The company cares about their staff as well as clients and offer great support.

Pros

Free lunches, lots of support and yearly bonuses

No progress company

Good hours, Some of the management is very good but more of them are strange. Not appreciate well-skilled workers. if you have poor skills but you are well-spoken you will be alright.The pictures are more important than anything else in that company, some development chefs do more pictures than developing and cooking which is weird.

Pros

good hours

Cons

salary no much progress

Friendly and proactive place to be

Accent is a great company and very supportive, excellent support from operational managers And HO, HR. I enjoy working for them and made good friends there too. Thank you!

Enjoyed my job

Makesure it is something you enjoy as it is a very on hands job. Got to be a people person. Be able to work under pressure and have a lot of go with yourself

Pros

Free breakfasts and lunches

Cons

Early mornings you must love a early start

The worst catering company

The staff are rude lazy and aggressiveThe management are unable to do anything about the lazy aggressive and rude staffThe management turnover tells the story I think 3 managers in a year The food is basic and unappealing in the display and qualityOverall the company may not be a poor one but the impression given by this unit says a different story.

Pros

Local

Cons

Staff, food, behaviour of managers

Poor management

Operations managers not friendly and they don’t pay overtime. No training provided, pointing falls, don’t appreciate good workers. Head office are ok.

Disproportionate workload & poor management

General Assistant position. Quite possibly the worst employer I've ever had, I've worked in this industry and with the same job role for several years so I have a fair comparison. Poor management all the way to the top. Only interested in ticking things off - no actual training. High turnover of staff led to cleaning schedule being responsibility of one individual over entire kitchen. Told to break company rules by manager to get tasks finished quicker, change dates of store cupboard foods, make up temperature records. Constant negative talk about senior management. No follow up after complaint made about this. Knowingly overcharging children for food. Hygiene of Chef poor. The two stars are for the setting I worked in, not the company.

great

loved working for them money was good work was hard but the job was great learnt a lot would love to work for them again great rewards and oppertunities.

Pros

free lunch

Very good company I’m sorry I left if their is a vacancy I would reapply in a flash everyone at Head office was nice my operation Managers was Helpful and Understanding and some of my staff was perfect

Pros

At Xmas the owner will personally bring you a Xmas basket

good people, nice workplace

Accent is good company,they looking after those employee and you will learn a lot for those chef. if any problem they will help you to solve it. And you have a chance to show your knowledge in cookiing or how to handle a team in the kitchen.

Pros

paid holiday

Cons

good hours

The emloyers were good.

The people were good because I was working hard in the kitchen so the earlier manager always praised me as a very hard working woman. The school children also liked me.

Pros

They always encourage me to work hard.

Cons

Long hours but small money.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Accent Catering Services Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement