Accor

Accor Employee Reviews

United Kingdom353 reviews

Found 353 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,869 reviews
hotelmercuresofitelibislondonreceptionguestfree

There were so many lovely people at work which made it fun and interesting

A typical day would start with checking with the other shift about specifics then I would check the room prices as they change daily, then would insure the reception area is presentable then start checking emails and room occupancy.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Sometime overtime was not paid unless was approved by management

Nice colleagues but managers useless

Nice colleagues but managers useless. I hated the way the company is run and I have alot of experience and know how it should be. Management needs change at all levels.

Insights into Accor

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager

Awful management

Couldn’t care less about you as a person. Not allowed food from kitchen. Management are so backwards. Never get a break at a decent time and your lucky if you even get one!

Stressful. Terrible. Horrible

One of the worst jobs I have ever had in my life. I would not recommend working in the day or night shift at all, it’s negative a lot of staff and mangers gets away with saying horrible things about one another. Manger will not listen to anyones needs or procession in the company, however training was excellent and support was given tbh money was good on the night shift or day shift even. But the hotel employ anyone just to fill the job advertisement because no one wants to work at the hotel a lot of people leave within a week or day. One staff member in particular was a nightmare to work with just constant remarks about Everyone including me but has some weird issue with certain staff members Which was so strange.

Worst management ever

If you want to work in an environment where there is no structure and where people talk bad about you this is the place. Don’t bother with this company. Zero management. You always hear about people leaving at a few days/weeks. You will get blamed for other peoples mistakes. It’s as if you have to run the place yourself.

Look elsewhere

The security work was hard & could be troublesome at times. There was absolutely no help from the security firm & management. Although you did your work at a high level you were never commended for this. Also at times certain members of staff would lie to management which the manager would believe. This led to me losing my job. Par from the work experience avoid like the plague!

Job fit for students

The job itself is as any other hospitality job. Can be quiet for the low season and pick up all of a sudden during high season. Shifts worked great for me as I started at 7am and finished at 3pm most days, meaning I had the rest of the day free. For people working in the evenings it was a bit worse, but most of them chose to work late shifts so I guess it worked for them. Management on my site was quite attentive although clashes occurred quite often with some of my colleagues, I almost never had any problems.

No progression

No progression available. Lack of training and support. Staff receive treatment according to hod preferences. Huge company, medium benefits but missing recognition to dedicated employees. And a strong turnover of staff.

Terrible

The worst place I have ever worked.No appreciation for staff, no real training, management useless, no staff, people leaving constantly, terrible moral within staff, full of students with no common sense or life experience.Service is awful as no one knows what they are doing.No communication with managers because they just don't care.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Interrupted break, no communication, minimum wage, terrible hours.

The place is a terrible environment to work in.

The management offer no backing, the standard is incredibly low, and nobody in the positions of power seems in any way interested in raising said standard. There is a lot of double crossing and playing people off against one another, even amongst management. In general just very catty. I can't advise you enough to avoid working here at all costs.

Pros

Food provided for free on shift.

Cons

Toxic work environment.

terrible place to work

poor salary, the management do care about their employees they only care about the company target no matter how they had to cut the budget.it was very toxic environment to work and the general management was clearly biased as the only people I ever saw escalating positions within the hotel management area were French as the GM was French himself.try discussing my salary several time during my time working there and there were always excuses, or flat out NO! would never ever work there any Accor hotel in my life

Pros

Cons

long hours, toxic environment, no opportunity to grow, bad and biased management, low pay.

Me encantó trabajar para Accor, lo echo de menos y ahora comparo mis trabajos con Accor siempre

Me sentí parte del equipo muy rápido, la empresa da muchos beneficios y descuentos

Pros

Vouchers

Poor management but friendly staff

Their management was poor and need a big improvement. However, the staff there are super friendly and you always feel supported by them. The staff benefit there was not good compared to other hotels.

Fun

Enjoyed working here whilst in university. Good job/life balance. It was joyful to an extent but was 0 hour so it is temporary, was not given enough hours in january so of course job security scare.

Pros

free lunches

Cons

not enough hours

Horrible

Poor management, terrible how managers treat staff, u can go many shifts with no break, unfair treatment, poor communication, horrible shifts, unfair pay when you doing more than what your job role requires

Productive and fun work place

I just love it i have nice time and i have nice people around starting from the owners to the Gm and very nice colleges in a word i will not change my job in Mercure George hotel i do like and love my job

Pros

Good place to work at as a part time career otherwhise even managers don't get paid enough

Good managers and employee relationships. However over the years many managers have changed so no stability. Mostly because of underpaid and overworked issues

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Requires too much flexibility

Ambiente di lavoro stimolante

Ambiente multiculturale. Ampia formazione lavorativa e sulla mission e vision Della compagnia.

Pros

2 giorni liberi a settimana

Cons

Retribuzione base

Excellent Brand to work for , specially Accor owned and managed properties.

Team work makes the dream work.Long hours , Brand is excellent to work for Batbd standards are fantastic specially for the customer service side of the operation.

Pros

Yearly Bonus

Cons

Long Hours pay wasn’t the greatest

It's fine

The events job at the hotel I was based at was fine. Inconsistent hours for a lot of the year, which isn't great if you need something structured, but is okay if you don't need to work all the time, or if you have uni. The people you work with will probably be the best thing about the job. The job varied a lot in terms of pace and difficulty, but was always doable.

OK place to work if there are no alternatives

Very beautiful place, but couldn't say the same about management. Management don't seem to care much about their staff.Very poor planning - changing shifts with very short notice.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Accor. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Accor with

Learn about Accor in popular locations

• Accor