Accor
Happiness score is 58 out of 100

Accor Employee Reviews

Found 356 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,116 reviews

Great work experience with Accor

I spent 5 years with Accor working in different locations here in the UK and UAE for different brands MGallery, Novotel, Adagio, Ibis. The support I got from the Management team was fantastic as well as the careeer development I recieved. I have worked for other hotel brands in the past but my experience with Accor was by far the best.

Work staff

The company should pay attention to management and deligating to employment regime on behaviour towards staff on leaving due to management in aggressive behaviour towards staff on leaving due to manager behaviour

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Between shifts

Accor franchise

Be cautious working for an Accor franchise owned hotel. The brand owned hotels are something special. Impressed with the online support plus CEO 👍🏽

Pros

Decor was really nice

Cons

I would rather not mention

Terrible management across both hotels

Avoid both ibis styles in Glasgow if you can.Poorly ran, management don’t care about anything other than causing drama. If you aren’t useful to them then you don’t matter.Expected to do the most for minimum wage with no guidance or help from management.

Pros

No pros

Cons

Terrible management who cause drama 24/7

Rubbish/ awful/poor

They are only interested in money making.Management have literally NO IDEA how to run a business as they have no people skills at all.Very high turnover of staff ( usually tells you all you need). Incapable of recognising good staff.They make a lot of money but complete fools. Sadly they have sold their souls for more money and RUINED a wonderful hotel to take in asylum seekers. Who have destroyed the hotel I am told.

Pros

Cons

See above

Accor bought the hotel, put a rude manager in, cut staff and increased workload

Manager is beyond rude, whether your staff or a guest. The workload was increased, the pay is minimal, help = none.Only plus side was other staff members.

Pros

A meal left for you, if your lucky (as a night worker)

Face-paced, energentic, physcial

Very good job for keeping fit, earn while you lose inches. PERFECT!great job to socialise with guest and meet new people. Worked at the hotel for 3 years part time to suit my family life which also worked great for me.

Pros

Free lunches

Ambiente che oscilla

Ambiente che oscilla tra noioso e altamente stressante (a seconda della stagione). turnover del personale molto elevato. La personalità del manager può creare o distruggere la tua esperienza di questo tipo di lavoro

Pros

Cibo gratis

Cons

Management debole

Bonne entreprise mais journées trop chargées

Le job en soi n'est pas compliqué et on a énormément l'opportunité d'apprendre, les responsabilités sont évolutives aussi donc au mieux on se débrouille au plus on a de responsabilités. Personnellement le monde de l'hôtellerie est beaucoup trop instable, les collègues qui ne viennent pas et ne préviennent pas et qui te font enchaîner une journée de travail de 12 heures....l'équilibre vie privée/perso est loin d'être idéal et le salaire trop bas pour la charge de travail demandée.

Pros

repas gratuit, possibilité d'évolution, avantage ACCOR

Cons

salaire assez bas comparé aux tâches demandées, journées difficiles

Disheartened

The HODs and staff were wonderful and you got a free lunch. Very stressful environment to work in. They will expect you to do the work of multiple people, with no bonuses or extra pay (although it is promised). Staff morale is incredibly low. Don't believe them when they say they care about their staff. The most important thing I learned working for Accor is that no matter how much effort you put in, no matter how loyal you are, even if you have a great record (never late, never having a negative performance review, being reliable, building a good relationship with clients) - you are just another number.

Pros

Free lunch, nice staff & HODs

Good for beginners

When you are new around here, this is a better spot then others to get in frame. Is not hard at all to work with them, but they do not embrace new ways of doing things better and faster. Even when you proof it is better/faster other way, they keep same route.... Still on early 80's philosophy of life and being, should be more open minded.

Pros

Nice place to work

Cons

Fake friendly like working environment

Excelent

You have to be professional Brand standard are very important, and these is very important for the good health of the businesses.It's a very good opportunity to promote. The staff is very friendly and helpfull, even in the rushed moments. The managemnt is understandfull and they try to help as much as posibble. They povide lot of trainings for the

relaxed fun envoironment

I worked in the ibis sector of accor hotels is a fun relaxed atmosphere, great for young workers such as students. management were unsettled and always changing and often new management were under qualified.

Wouldn't recommend

I would run or co-run the fornt desk of the 52 room Motel style hotel, checking-in and checking-out customers, dealing with complaints (tere were usually quite a few), and also cooked and served buffet style breakfasts and meals. Teh hotel was very poorly managed, the receptionist were left to our own devices most of the time and had complete control over the pricing and booking of rooms. The hotel itself was in dire need of renovation and dealing with complaints was difficult when you agreed with most of what the customer was saying. i was really looking forwar to the hussle and bussle of working at a hotel reception but this job was very disappointing.

Horibble place to work

Unless you are British don't bother to apply. This department is run by an old fashioned lady who is treating all other nationalities different. All the time understaffed and continuous harassment to do more and efficient. The office gets cleaned like 2 or 3 times a year. Managers don't help at all when someone is missing or on holiday, they simply give more tasks to team members creating an hostile environment.

Worst job ever

Having worked for accor for only 3 month. I realised stress levels was crazy, there was no support and the manager was rude, and would shout at you. And make you feel awful.

Great growth

Amazing place to work if you are seeking for a company who is constantly on loop on finding talent to insert in their team. Amazing workplace with great advantage in a fun environment

intense but rewarding

Work was fast paced and rewarding for those willing to learn. Team was very together and communication with one another was simple. fun place to work.

Pleasure to work

TTEC at home is accepting applications for Temporary Work from Home Customer Service Representative. The COVID-19 pandemic has created an increased demand for so many in need. In this role you will support the many individuals that have been personally impacted by this crisis. We need your empathetic ear and desire to serve.

productive and hardworking workplace

A typical day at Accor hotels was fast paced and enjoyable, I was responsible for providing breakfast, lunch or dinner services to hotel guests and non -guests. This job includes a lot of team work and customer service skills. The most enjoyable part of the job was gaining confidence and many useful skills based on customer service.

A very rigid environment, for what was a sales role

This is difficult to write. I was hotel based and I had more experience in both sales and marketing than my line manager, so in the end it became about the line manager insisting on control over all aspects of what I did. The result was that I could not move forward or develop ideas and there was no progression at hotel level, and no real opportunity to move to a more head office based role.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Accor. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1.4K