ACCORD HOUSING ASSOCIATION

ACCORD HOUSING ASSOCIATION Employee Reviews

Management is poor, constantly understaffed which affects the staff who actually show up to their job. No real rewards for working through COVID or any recognition. Pay isn’t awful but it’s not great considering the mount of work you do. Pay increase after probation plus a pension scheme.
Pros
Plenty of Overtime - guaranteed!
Cons
Horrific management
Felt over worked way to much pressure to do things your not trained to. No support from manger.. Made to feel out off place and worthless. In job. Would not recommend working here.
Pros
Non
Cons
Bad work place company are not supporting at all.
When I started I believed that all companys are the same but apparently this one is really different. Is the best care company I ever worked, very flexible , really pleasant good team work colleagues are wonderful and my manager too.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Awful company to work for, expected to work long hours, then they drop you when it suits them, management are terrible, and very unprofessional. Service users are supported when it suits staff not when support is required. There’s no team work, team morale is awful
Pros
Nice tenants
Cons
Horrible staff and management
Please please don’t do it, you can’t do anything right in managers eyesSeems like they get a kick out of putting you down.No training, no communication your expected to do other staff work when they are off and you can’t keep up with your own workload.
Pros
Young people you help
Cons
Managers
22 December 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave your review.We are very sorry to hear you feel this way, we strive to always listen to our employees and as a values led organisation people are at the forefront of everything that we do. We have a robust training program across the organisation also so am surprised to read this.We would love to have the opportunity to discuss this further with you, please get in touch with our team on 03001117006Many thanks,Accord
Always short staffed and using agency who dnt ever turn up..always having new customers at short notice and not enough staff to cope with work load...some staff are vile to customers and when reported nothin gets done.....always change ur shifts without asking you 1st cause u cant have a life out of work...managers give you that much work that when its not completed they go mad at you..never known anywhere like it in all my life
Pros
Cons
Rotas always changed, no life, no staff, absoloute joke
The interview was the worst interview I'd ever been to I doubt the people doing them even have any grounds maintenance experience they made you feel like you was sitting in a courtroom not the best setting. When I left I was hoping that I would not hear back from them it was that bad wouldn't recommend could just tell they wasnt the best also the pay is minimum wage.
22 December 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave your review.We are very sorry to hear you felt this way about your interview process, we strive to always give the best experience to employees and potential new employees as a values led organisation people are at the forefront of everything that we do.We will look into this further, wishing you the best of luck with your future job search.Many thanks,Accord
Helpful and a very caring facility, I feel they care for people there to the expectations that is needed, I also feel it’s a happy atmosphere to be around and it makes the people there feel 100% comfortable
Pros
Free lunches
22 December 2020
Thank you for getting in touch and taking the time to share your review!Many thanks,Accord
over my time at accord ive seen 3 mangers come and go and many many staff leave due to being treated unfairly and unsupported. i have requested training and i got told *NO FUNDING*. expect to be only medication trained staff and be having to tell agency carers what they need to do as you will get the blame if things go wrong or not done. most shifts are left uncovered and some seniors do not help they will watch you struggle and i have reported plenty of times but human resources dont care. management spend more time drinking tea with the seniors.when they know staff are struggling, they do not support or listen to residents. if you do apply and get the job expect your job description to be wrong you will do 100 times more without the extra pay might i add. expect to be used and abused and once you report anything expect to be bullied.AVOID AVOID AVOID.
Pros
nice staff but bad management and no support.
Cons
no support a lot of bullies and favouritism no one cares apart from the staff who provide the care.
22 December 2020
Thank you for leaving your review, we would like to have the opportunity to discuss this further with you, please get in touch with our team on 03001117006 we take all comments very seriously and are very sorry to hear you feel this way, we strive to always listen to our employees and as a values led organisation people are at the forefront of everything that we do and would like to discuss this further with you.Many thanks,Accord
Place of work West Midlands is AWFUL...manager is racist rota is changed without notice and Don’t inform staff of this certain staff don’t work in the next house no confidentiality staff are liars and openly gossip about others can’t trust no one too many comedians some staff think because they say hi couple times they are funny and can be rude and sarcastic
Pros
Cons
Racist manager gossip is rife
19 October 2020
We would like to have the opportunity to discuss this further with you, please get in touch with our team on 03001117006 we take all comments very seriously and are very sorry to hear you feel this way, we strive to always listen to our employees and as a values led organisation people are at the forefront of everything that we do and would like to discuss this further with you.
Accord is a big company and you expect to be treated correctly but you don't. They expect alot from you and don't give anything back. No one listens to your opinions
Pros
Customers
24 August 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave your review.We are very sorry to hear you feel this way, we strive to always listen to our employees and as a values led organisation people are at the forefront of everything that we do.We would love to have the opportunity to discuss this further with you, please get in touch with our team on 03001117006
Management and staffs are friendly. Everyone is passionate about their job and lots of training so even if you haven’t worked in care before the training will help you.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Low salary
24 August 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave your review, it is great to hear such positive feedback and that you are so passionate about caring for others.
A day at work consists of being productive and having a set routine, I have learnt many skills and developed on my knowledge whilst working with Accord. Management at accord are quite set and what they want you to do in order to achieve this. working in the care sector is a good experience as you build your knowledge as you go along and its a quite humble experience. the staff are friendly and make you feel welcomed. The hardest part of the job is that it can be quite draining at times. the most enjoyable part of the job is achieving skills and knowledge that you didn't know before and getting to know the people around you.
24 August 2020
Many thanks for leaving your review, it's great to hear you feel you are developing within your role at Accord and enjoying working with your colleagues.
Expect to be disappointed. Bullying and favouritism is rife. Too much pride. Your opinion & knowledge is not respected. Loyalty & respect are not qualities that are appreciated here. No career progression. Mangement simply ignore the issues in front of them because it's convenient for them or they have issues with each other & staff. Too much pride & not enough honesty. Not the qualities from people who should be setting an example. Some sites are neglected. Accord works don't come out to fix properties & when they do eventually come out, the work is of a poor standard. Its shocking. Some clients live in awful places! How can this be a provider of homes...it's a joke people. Expect to have duties put on you that aren't part of your role...for no extra ÂŁÂŁ either. Rota is a nightmare, constantly changing. Things very much left till the last minute. No financial incentives for working holidays. No time & a half/ quarter. Good staff are treated like fools (that's putting it VERY politely). Find somewhere that respects & values the person that you are & the qualities, skills you bring to the table.
24 August 2020
Many thanks for leaving your review.We are very sorry to hear this is how you feel about the organisation, as a value led organisation we strive to put our customers and our people at the heart of everything we do and always looking at how we can improve and be innovative in how we work. We would love the opportunity to discuss this further with you, please get in touch with our team on 03001117006 and we look forward to hearing from you.
I didn’t choose to work for this company, there was a change over in company’s where I worked. Very poor communication between office staff and front line workers. They would just change your shift without telling you. For instance I turned up for work at my retirement village At 6am only to find out they had changed my shift to 7.30 am on the community! Not only am I a walker but they gave me 10 minutes to get Between calls on the community when they are at least 25 minutes apart on foot! They don’t work around what is best for the service users, they work around what is best for them! All the clients have gone from a company that looks after them as a number one priority, to a company that look after themselves first. Everyone is generally unhappy with the service. They rely on agency staff which in turn service users calls are getting missed then office staff try to cover up why it has happened. I would not recommend this company to anybody.
24 August 2020
It seems to me that those at the managerial level are happy to be working at accord but if you are one of the frontline workers watch out. Bullying is rife and not handled well by the managers and I've had 16 managers in 8 years. Work is stressful sometimes only 1 out of 7 carers medication trained on shift and favoritism rife.
24 August 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave your review, we are very sorry to hear this is how you feel about the organisation. As a value led organisation we strive to put our customers and our people at the heart of everything we do and always looking at how we can improve and be innovative in how we work and want to make sure people are happy in all that they do at Accord. We would love the opportunity to discuss this further with you, please get in touch with our team on 03001117006
Not a good place to work not very supportive to certain members of staff no progression within accord group not a fun place to work and none productive
I enjoyed my time working for accord, it was a very fast pace busy care home who sometimes was under strain for shortage in staff. I learnt a lot from working there I gave all my effort into each training session and even travelled for them.
24 August 2020
It is great to hear from you, many thanks for your review on your time with us. It is fantastic to hear you learnt a lot from working for the organisation and we wish you the best in the future.
Rewarding, supporting others who are less fortunate but bad management do not care for staff or clients only themselves.......................................
24 August 2020
We are very sorry to hear this is how you feel about the organisation, as a value led organisation we strive to put our customers and our people at the heart of everything we do. We would love the opportunity to discuss this further with you, please get in touch with our team on 03001117006
provide flexible working hours, good working conditions, good on the job training, many internal job opportunities, multiple locations, employee reward scheme
Pros
free tea and coffee
Cons
too many structure changes
The house I worked in ended up being a stressful place to work because of certain staff. The deputy manager was extremely helpful but it was hard working around negativity constantly.