Ace Vehicle Deliveries

Ace Vehicle Deliveries Employee Reviews

United Kingdom7 reviews

Avoid!

This company allocates jobs to people for delivery of vehicles. The staff are based in Bangladesh so do not understand British roads or travel infrastructure. At the end of a 12 hour day, they wanted me to travel via bus and train for a period of over 3 hours (including nearly 2 hours waiting time) to get home from an assignment because it was cheaper than getting a 20 minute taxi ride. One of countless examples for me, and heard similar stories from other drivers. They will even make you wait at a railway station for 3 hours for a train that is offpeak to save a couple of pounds on the ticket. Says it all. This company is all about cutting costs at every opportunity. The office staff were rude to me, even when I told them that I needed time off for a family emergency, they phoned me to ask why I hadnt arrived at a job. I had already told them with plenty of notice but communication was not passed on.

Pros

You get to see the country

Cons

Long hours, appalling communication, rude staff, penny pinching to the max.

Typical company run by ten a penny numpties

If you are professional, hard working, ethical and moral, you won't fit in here.They profess to have been in business for decades, but in reality they have only been in business since 2017. No doubt they will go bust again soon and begin operation under a new name.However, don't take my word for it, be sure to do your own research.

None professional discrimination for people

Well the experience I had with Ace was traumatic to say the least if trade plate job driving is your ideal job then do not go to ace delivery you will be disappointed and its disheartening as a job if this is the ideal job for you , lack of communication and bad management all around if you having a difficult time with something you can't even ring up and ask for help from the management or from the admin team because they won't help you

Pros

Expenses paid

Cons

Get left stranded in the middle of no where and expect to find your way home

This is a warning... STAY AWAY

In all review sites it is the summary of reports that matters.... what is the gist of them? Regarding this company the warnings are stark and consistent. The trouble is the payment they make has not kept up with increases in minimum wage levels ..you will earn far less and work incredibly long hours.. very early morning starts are the norm, and you do not get paid for any travel time between jobs . It is not uncommon to be paid an average of 3GBP per hour. This is made much worse by a tendency to underpay, pay late, charge drivers hundreds of pounds for extremely minor damage (which is not the drivers fault), or in some cases not to be paid at all. Make the assumption that this will not happen to me at your own risk and peril. Be very careful if you are going to work for these guys who advertise that they have been in business for 30 years. A simple companies house check reveals that that the company was incorporated in 2017 . I do not believe that they are doing any checks on the drivers either so customers beware.

Pros

The travel around the UK was enjoyable

Cons

Long hours, pittance pay, drivers will be held liable for any damage, and asked to pay hundreds of pounds even for extremely minor damage

Slave Labour

On an average day (12 hours) you will earn an average of about £4/hour. They can do this because you're self employed and not technically obliged to accept any work offered to you. Bear in mind you will have to allow for your tax & National insurance contributions bringing your hourly rate down to about £3/hour if you're lucky. As well as that, payment was never on time, the best being a week late.You will pay a small deposit for your trade plates, however, 3 months after leaving I am still fighting for this to be returned & am now in the process of recovering it through the courts. If you're in a position where you really don't need the money, then it's not a bad job. You get to drive nice vehicles & the planners are generally helpful but if you need the money then forget it.

Fun but very poor conditions

The travelling and exporing parts of the UK was enjoyable. The long days were tiring and then you have to prepare and plan for the next day. Payments are low - drivers are not paid for time between delivering a vehicle and making their way to next collection.

Pros

Nice work, lots of exploring the UK.

Cons

Not paid for time between when travelling to next task

Very fun but low paid job

Get to drive a range of vehicles up to brand new super sports cars. Some free time on your train journeys and very long hours. 15h days are not unusual and you're lucky if you make over £50 on those.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ace Vehicle Deliveries. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement