Achieve together

Achieve together Employee Reviews

Full of praise for the staff,how hard working,dedicated to the job etc,etc but when it comes to rewards nothing,not even a card or thank you at Christmas. And now No yearly pay rise,please explain.we all have bills to pay and a life to have.
Pros
Plenty off hours if you want them.
Cons
Very poor pay for the job we do.
No payrise for staff this yearNo incentive to progressManagement utterly awful and not leaders.Staff unappreciated, considering the profits the company made in the last year and after COVID.Avoid like the plague.
A lot of work seems to be going into improving the homes in our area, and things are definitely getting better slowly. The biggest issue is the lack of staff in each home, most places local to the area pay a reasonable amount more so attract our staff to leave and a struggle to bring in new staff that have any experience.
Pros
Enjoy my job
Cons
Staff shortages
The individuals are amazing and I loved working with them. However the staff are another story. Some are absolutely amazing. Others are competitive and inappropriate. Many put themselves before the individuals. harassment is common place and becoming a real issue. As is bullying. Genuinely good staff members are being pushed to the edge in favour of others who are bullying or taking part in inappropriate behaviour. Staff members who are seen as vulnerable are taken advantage of regularly in one way or another which makes you wonder what happens with some of the individuals. Incidents will get reported but nothing done about it or not taken seriously. People pushed to withdraw incident statements once made in order to avoid further bullying. Staff members who are high up get away with alot. Individuals needs are not always put first. Definately a damaging culture to work in. Loved the job at first and the people but once you get drawn into the negative culture is hard to keep out of. Drama constantly between staff members as well as inappropriate advances.
Pros
Individuals.
Cons
Bullying. Unpleasant working conditions
Where I work I support 8 men with complex needs our work place is very hectic staff are always on the go the people we support lead very happy and full filling lives even though we have all gone through the lockdown activities we’re still put in place and so the guys still lead fulling lives to keep in touch with families friends etc we used zoom the telephone. Their families think our service is amazing and are extremely thankful for us we have won an award for our excellent service for social excursion we set up a stay up late night and this is now gone viral this was set up with the support of the managers and staff and the embassor is one of our service users our place of work is very busy and there is always something going on
Pros
No breaks no free lunches
Cons
Underpaid under values long hours no breaks
27 April 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are so glad to hear that the people we support are living fulfilling lives and their families are happy that they have been able to keep in touch via technology despite the pandemic and all the restrictions.
This is really the worst place to work all about saving money and not looking after the clients always short staffed and don’t want to pay for more agency expect 4 night staff to look after 6 clients when one is 2 to 1 support and the rest are 1 to 1 support saying they have too many agency in on day shifts and the have to cut it down as they cannot get staff. Putting someone who cleaned holiday let’s as senior no one can believe it all they do is sit on there phone all day and give out orders 90% of the staff are looking for other jobs medication going missing nothing done about it one client never received his medication one night and a couple of days later the same staff member forgot his morning medication so he got that at 3pm instead of 8am but we can’t say anything in case he gets upset so not only are you trying to look after clients but also staff that should not be in the job . Management sat in office all day could not care less as long as paper work is getting done
Pros
Cons
Hard work mentally
27 April 2021
Thank you for your comments, these are of concern to us and we would welcome the opportunity to discuss in more detail with you. Please contact your line manager or operations manager. If you have concerns about a specific team member, we ask that these are raised formally and through the right channels so we can act upon your concerns and safeguard people from any risk of harm. With regards to recruitment, we can assure you that every effort is being made to ensure we recruit the right people for the roles. We would like to reassure you that our management team take any concerns very seriously.
All individuals receive person centred care dependent on their needs. The initial training program is in depth, providing staff with the skills and knowledge needed to provide excellent care. The staff team are hardworking and work hard together to provide the best possible support and opportunities for the individuals.Management are extremely encouraging and always available for staff members to seek advice or support. Excellent opportunities are available within the company and management will support you to progress in furthering your knowledge or progressing in your career.
Pros
Excellent care provided
15 April 2021
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review. We are so pleased to hear that your experience has been such a positive one. Supporting development opportunities for our team members is really important to us so is great to receive your feedback. We couldn’t agree more that our teams are incredibly hard working and passionate about the excellent support they provide. Thank you also for your feedback about our managers being so encouraging, we will ensure your comments are shared.
Typical days work is where management and seniors sit behind their pc’s for 90% of their day and all going for a cigarette break at the same time. Staff refusing to support certain service users. Staff spending major of their shifts on their phones. Biggest let down is the lack of support from management and passing the buck when things go wrong. Lack of hand overs shift to shift. Just lack of support in general. Company seem more interested in making money than actually spending it on the service users we support. Best thing that has happened is the place is closing down due to damaging CQC report, but in typical company style lack of support to help staff find jobs in other places in the company. Can honestly say I’m glad I’m out of the company now, use to be good when it was just Regard Group. I’d advise anyone to look elsewhere and to one that pays a decent wage & respects their employees
Cons
Long hours, lack of support from management
13 April 2021
Thank you for your feedback. We would like to assure you we take all comments very seriously. We are really proud that we have been able to offer our team members positions at other local services, so we can retain the team knowledge, skills and experience. If you have specific concerns which you wish to share with the company, so we can follow up and address these, please make contact with us and speak with an HR Advisor at hr@feedback@achievetogether.co.uk
The place I have worked for 3 1/2 years has very low staff turn over and the other service my manger manages have been there for between 10-15 years. It is a great place to work and often doesn’t feel like work.
Pros
Support and career prospects
12 April 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We have some fantastic long serving mangers and colleagues within the Hampshire region and that allows us to provide a really consistent provision of care to the people we support. It also allows us to develop our services and provide opportunities for our colleagues to advance in their roles.
Staff are overworked and not given recognition they deserve for the amount of hours they do. Staff are not supported as they should be. Staff come and go due to management not caring, many complaints week in and week out and management not doing anything about it. Staff which remain with the company despite many many complaints towards them. Lack of staff causes individuals not to get the support they require. Management don’t care about their employees only what makes the company look good. Management has significantly decreased since recent take over. Problems after problems not being sorted or correctly investigated.
Pros
Individuals.
Cons
Management. No Support. Long hours.
15 April 2021
Thank you for your feedback. We would like to assure you that our management team care very much about the support and welfare of our team members. Any complaints received are taken seriously and managed through the correct channels and investigated thoroughly. Please get in touch if you wish to discuss your specific concerns in more details.
15 April 2021
The company strive to provide bespoke support packages to give the people we support the most meaningful lives. There is also great internal development and progression. I really enjoy my job and would recommend to anyone
15 April 2021
Badly managed, badly run and no one seems to know what they’re doing. Management was terrible and would never be there. Staff were badly trained and the service users suffered as a result. I have worked in care for many years and this was honestly the worst place I’ve worked. Staff were underpaid on a regular basis, training was nonexistent and extremely poor practices were a result of this. Home would have no food and staff didn’t seem to care. I suffered terrible mental health issues after working here. I feel sorry for the people living in these homes.
Pros
There are none
12 April 2021
Thank you for your comments, we appreciate all feedback shared. At Achieve together, we offer a comprehensive training package, and all team members have access to this online learning. We have safeguarding training and also display information around our services to support our team members to raise concerns in a prompt manner to a dedicated 24-hour safeguarding helpline. We also offer numerous rewards, such as a benefits site offering discounts on many brands; and have an employee assistance programme, offering mental health support and guidance. We understand that working in adult social care, particularly during the past year of the pandemic is challenging at times, but also brings huge rewards in seeing the positive impact we can bring to people’s lives. When times are challenging, there is support available and we encourage our team members to share with us openly if they are struggling, so they can be signposted to this and receive the support needed.
The company gave me an opportunity to progress to senior support worker. They give people opportunities to grow within the company even when one has no skills but have a caring attitude.
Pros
Opportunity to make a difference in people’s lives
Cons
Not sure.
13 April 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave Achieve together a review and for the positive feedback. Many of our staff started as Support Workers with no experience in care. We continue to support them to progress and offer training and mentoring/coaching so that they can achieve their full potential.
Full of Yes men that were not the best support workers now in management in Trowbridge.Staff turn over is ridiculous.New staff learning from new staff.Full of egos,who do right by themselves,not the individuals.Point scoring is an everyday occurence.People who should have been let go,still in the job years later,with complaints against them every week.Individuals with lice in their hair,because people are scared to cut it.
Pros
Lovely individuals
Cons
Management, hours, staff
19 March 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, and we are sorry to hear you have concerns. I would like to reassure you that all of our managers have extensive experience, strong values and comprehensive training at all levels leading up to management, with particular expertise in this sector. I can also assure you that any complaints raised are escalated and managed in accordance with policy and procedure. There is clear communication at all levels when there are challenges, and this includes regular supervision so our team members are able to raise concerns that they may face, with support to resolve these. As you will be aware, new team members joining us received 2 weeks of shadowing, a clear induction and training plan and regular check in opportunities with their line manager before supporting people directly, while they are becoming familiar with the service and getting to know people. We would welcome an opportunity to talk about your specific concerns in more detail, so please get in contact.
I would avoid this company if you canIts okay as a job while looking for somewhere elseDrains you physically and mentally and you arent appreciated for everything you do. People will only pick out the negatives
Cons
Not appreciated for the amount you do
19 March 2021
Thank you for sharing your feedback, we are sorry that you have had a negative experience working for us, we appreciate each staff member and would be happy to investigate this further for you if you like to contact us with more details.
19 March 2021
Good for working life balancePay possible average for this type of company.Presume the psy would be better for senior rolesCompany have a caring attitude to the people they support.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Pay not too good
8 March 2021
Thank you for your review. Both Shrewsbury services and the whole company are proud of our values and ethos. We always have the people we support at the centre of everything we do. It’s lovely to see our employees sharing how they are valued.
I enjoyed my time as a support worker at Croft House and learnt a lot.There were a few changes when the company got taken over, but as a team, we adapted and grew. My reason for leaving, had nothing to do with being unhappy and I wouldn't rule out returning. I always felt supported, had laughs and made great friends.
Pros
Great communication
8 March 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are really pleased that you enjoyed your time working for us, and wish you the best in your new venture. Should you wish to return at any time, then please check out our recruitment pages for our current vacancies.
Avoid! poorly run, mangers are arrogant and not focused on the people using the service at all, safeguarding alerts are the norm! Stay Away! awful!!!!
Pros
Residents
Cons
Everything else
19 March 2021
Achieve together is one of the UK’s leading providers of support for people with learning disabilities, autism and associated complex needs. Our services are managed by individuals who are handpicked by a senior leadership team. Our Service Managers undergo initial strict screening to understand their experience in the sector along with a competency based interview. Once they have joined the team they follow a monitored probationary period with regulars supervision and appraisal and they are supported to broaden their knowledge with bespoke and relevant trainings in their field of practice. Our Service Managers are at the forefront representing our service on a daily basis and therefore are an extremely important appointment. Service Managers are often under continued scrutiny from the inspectorate and our own internal Quality Compliance Teams. Any issues with performance would be identified at a very early stage and addressed. Our service managers are encouraged to report incidents which we feel meet a Safeguarding threshold. This allows us to grow and develop as a Provider and recognise Best Practice and also areas where learning and improvements can be made in our ever fluid industry.
I have worked for the company for just over 2 years. The management and team leaders are amazing with support and I have always been able to go to them if I have any worries and concerns. I would highly recommend working for achieve together. We have lots of laughs with the staff as well as being on a professional level.
Pros
Free food
10 March 2021
Thank you for recommending us as great place to work. We are really pleased you feel supported in your role and enjoy working for us.
Management are awful and will target you if they don’t like you! Nothing you do is ever good enough, always negative feed back they never see a positive in anything you do.All good staff are leaving, I can’t wait to get out. Since the company was taken over it has been the worst place I have ever worked at. I look forward to the day I can eventually hand in my notice. Don’t ever apply for a job here, your just a number, they leave the home under staffed majority of the time and don’t bother trying to cover shifts that are short, expect day staff to cover night shifts cause they can’t be bothered to cover them. We want to support our residents to be as independent as possible, which before this company took over we did and now can’t. Basically anything we do or say is wrong .
Pros
Cons
Poor rate of pay/bad management/everything really
4 March 2021
Thank you for your feedback, we are always keen to understand staff member’s experiences at work. Please contact hrfeedback@achievetogether.co.uk if you would like to explore your concerns and comments further.
If you are wanting a career in the care sector either residential or supported living avoid achieve together!! One of the worst company’s I have ever worked for. Management are horrendous, if they were aloud they would ask a stranger on the street to cover the shift before doing it them selfs. Service users are never put first nor is it in a person centred approach. No one feels comfortable In reporting issues to higher management as everyone knows they just brush it under the carpet. Management leave early even if a service user is 2.1 funded and only one staff member in the house. They simply don’t care. When it suits them they will help you but if it doesn’t suit them you are just a number. I feel very bad for the service users and hopefully they fail the upcoming cqc inspection as there are many of safeguarding concerns that get covered up. Staff that leave to go on to work for actual legit company’s are always saying best decision they made. I feel sorry for the service users in some of these ‘homes’ if that’s what you can even call them.
Pros
You can leave
4 March 2021