Activate Learning logo
Activate Learning

Activate Learning Employee Reviews

3.6Pay & benefits

Average Workplace

Activate Learning is a collection of colleges in the Berkshire area. I was working within Reading College during my 1st year of studying on my HND. Although labelled student coach my work did not include me meeting with any of the students. I was spent time working in the electronic lab preparing circuits and electrical devices for lessons. It was time consuming sorting the different circuits, and often there was damage which we were expected to repair will little support. Many of the instructions to prepare the circuits were unclear.

Pros

Fit easily around my course.

Cons

Was often time consuming with unclear instructions.

Avoid

They don’t care about education of the students, they just wanna keep the people at the top happy. Absolutely toxic culture.No management support only bullying, current staff members need more support.We were made to work overtime without any choice and threatened to have our annual leave taken away.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Awful management

Toxic stressful culture

Activate Learning has a very toxic culture. There is no support available if you are struggling with work. I worked there for two years and in my second year I never had any one to ones with my line manager. I was never asked how I am doing in my job and was always loaded with work.

Cons

Toxic culture. No support. Micro management

Fun workplace with wonderful team spirit!

Happy place to work! Staff really helpful and supportive to each other like family. Management is efficient. Working with youngsters in classroom is a cheering job everyday. Only the issue I have is my language as I am not a native speaker but students are really good and I can communicate well with them.

Great company

Great support direction and supportive people. Only left due to temporary role travelling form North East to Oxford weekly so not sustainable to commute.

Fun

Working unpaid voluntary work for activate learning and the city of oxford college was a fun and useful experience, it taught me how to use a camera efficiently etc

Pros

Good Experiance

Cons

Unpaid

Pleasant environment with good benefits

A lovely place to work, with great support and benefits from the HR team and management. In the department I worked in, the work can be a little one dimensional, but made for by the working environment. New, modern gym and hair & beauty salon on site, with staff discounts. Cafe's and restaurants. All in all, well recommended.

Pros

Working hours

Cons

Dull work sometimes, depending on department.

Jobs at Activate Learning