Acton Banks Healthcare Staffing Specialists

Acton Banks Healthcare Staffing Specialists Pay & benefits reviews

Clear
3.4Pay & benefits

Nursing and care agency

I have been working for Acton Banks for 6 weeks, having previously worked for them 3 years ago. Before starting I was able to update all my mandatory training online for the small cost of £15, I paid £55 for the DBS check and £15 each for uniform. I have set up as self employed but staff can be paid by an umbrella company, there is no pressure either way. I have been given as much work as I want each week and have never been pressured into doing anything I don't want to do. I regularly self book and let the agency know. I feel that the pay rates are fair to worker and client. There is now a recruitment option when ringing, which was one of the frustrating things that I found when applying, speaking to a different person each time. Communication is improving.

Pros

Fair rates of pay, flexible working hours, low cost training

Cons

No guarantee of work, mileage costs not paid

Lots of shifts and good rates

I registered a few weeks ago and there are a lot of shifts and good rates. The booking that are far away pay more. The people I’ve spoken to are really nice and it was fast to register.

Pros

Lots of shifts

Really good agency with lots of shifts.

I joined a few months ago and the process was really quick and smooth. They have so many shifts! The pay rates are really good as well and the staff are nice.

Pros

Lots of shifts and good rates

Minimum wage

Very popular work place but minimum wage and poor organisation culture, should be paying more than minimum wage.Lots of work available but more likely to be given to regular workers.Charged if you don't show up for work or don't get anymore shifts.Some staff are friendly but sometimes demanding don't know if they get commission for booking staff.Choose your own shifts.

Pros

Non

Cons

Long hours, low wage

Flexible pay.

Office staff willing to listen, understand and help to get for you what you may need from an area and background of a work placement,offering work based on your flexibility, including travel distance and rates of pay with lots of work to choose from.

pruductive but not stable

productive work place, but shifts are more likely to be cancelled last minute. staff are meant to be treated with respect and care, which I did not experienced it every time.

Pros

transportation provided

Cons

no compensations when shifts are cancelled

Hourly wages are uncertain

I applied online knowing I will be paid between £10-£22 per hour, because that’s how it stated on the job application online still got it. But when I got paid I was paid £8.50/ hours. So they was not point to continue working with them while in my former work place I was paid £8.21/per and I had guarantee hours which you cannot have with Acton Banks. Shifts get cancelled any how, just no sense

good workforce

good to work for, if you are willing to travel or wish to work near the hours are very flexible and can work around you to fit any circumstance or situation

It is reliable, flexible and do offer shift in advance.

Haven rated Acton banks a 5 star nursing agency, it is still of utmost important for all staff to acquire training on good communication skills as it is needed to improve staff performance. However, the agency is reliable and do not owe staff their wages.

Pros

It is reliable and flexible.

Cons

Do threaten to charge staff penalty of £50.00 if a shift is cancelled

good

they are good company they give you the hours you want and have good communication and understand what you say they will send you close by not too far out

Cons

good place to improve your skill in carer

you can choose the shift that your want after have sent your availability. good rate pay specially emergency and bank holidays. promote all background culture.

Friendly

The interview was a breeze and the company is very friendly and welcoming. However, i had to pay for training, uniform and DBS myself which came to about 85 pound, they expect you to pay for everything and have a £50 cancellation fee if you cancel your shift. Work isn't always there and if so, its 8 miles atleast from my home. But are understanding and help when they can

Pros

friendly, caring

Cons

fees, no work

very busy agency and always try to assign carer in same place if requested by the employer

Always have jobs available for carers but the down side of it was the salary was minimum wage only and I hardly had a transportation fee when I was assigned to work in a place which was far from my house and the only way to travel is by train.

Cons

hardly give transportation cost if assign in far places

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Acton Banks Healthcare Staffing Specialists. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2Job security/advancement

Acton Banks Healthcare Staffing Specialists Reviews by Location

Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?