Acton Banks

Acton Banks Employee Reviews

I enjoyed working with Acton banks due to the varied work environments I got to work with and the support I got from the leadership team. I enjoyed working in different environments.
The stuff who works in Acton bank they being horrible to me especially the one who gives shift rota they was nasty, the bullying me because of English is my second language and i have different accent. Everytime they cancel my shift after booking.
Cons
Was underpaid for the stress and amount of work they throw at you. I had at the time 5 years experience and they underpaid me far less than what I am experienced at. They looked so down at me. I was eager to get back into recruitment after a year break and they made me feel like i have no experience in recruitment as I took a gap year out of it. Left as soon as I could before I ended up with dipression.
Best place I’ve worked for, they appreciate you and your time. Don’t force jobs on you and always allow you to pick and choose shifts to your liking. Pay isn’t great but the staff in the offices are amazing people, work here for the appreciation and loyalty.
Office staff willing to listen, understand and help to get for you what you may need from an area and background of a work placement,offering work based on your flexibility, including travel distance and rates of pay with lots of work to choose from.
Very poorly lead bussiness very I honest staff working there they say one thing too you then denie it very unprofessional Would recommend you don’t work for them
I love going to work as every day is different Acton Banks provide a high standard of service and are very professional. They care for the well being of employees and candidates.
My main problem is the awful communication with the office, it's impossible to get the information you request by email/phone even if you show up in person they do thing half-heartedly, and sometimes it turns out wrong, you receive calls and text MULTIPLE times EVERY SINGLE DAY, I think the record was almost 30 messages in one day and 5 calls. And even if your reply to them by message/call/email, they will bother you again later to ask you the same thing. Awful manners by the office, you can just tell by the tone that they don't care and also by the outcomes. The pay is decent at least but everywhere is so far away and they cancel shifts the day before so many times but if you cancel on them you get punished financially or by lack of work. The problem with them is not only with us (the staff) but the places I work at have told me they have the same issues with lack of effective communication with the company, I think that's why the only home I loved to work at discontinued their contract with the, which was a shame for me.
I applied online knowing I will be paid between £10-£22 per hour, because that’s how it stated on the job application online still got it. But when I got paid I was paid £8.50/ hours. So they was not point to continue working with them while in my former work place I was paid £8.21/per and I had guarantee hours which you cannot have with Acton Banks. Shifts get cancelled any how, just no sense
good to work for, if you are willing to travel or wish to work near the hours are very flexible and can work around you to fit any circumstance or situation
If you ring them to cancel your shift you get charged £50 per shift you cancel. I personally I've been victims in 2017 I was having stomach upset I called to cancel my shift they refused and say I should go to work I refuse after 5days later I returned to work they took £200 for 4 shifts I cancel for calling in sick.
The staff are rude and have no manners what so ever, they have 0 care for the staff that work for them on the agency. The shifts are all to far so useless, unless you drive. They constantly calling and texting your mobile. Pressure you into shifts. Call late at night pressuring you to work shifts.
Cons
Action banks great company to work great prospects,,, brilliant training staff are lovely i have had no issues with ... works shifts pick your own local to you very good pay paid on time Different work places so you learn so much more and meet different people I honestly recommend ACTION BANKS for all the above reasons Always someone on the other end of the phone if you have a problem very friendly easy to talk to....
Pros
free lunches when working in most places
Cons
long hours good pay
Great company to work for great pay ... Pick your own hours and shifts great opportunities Mangers and staff are lovely all ways on the other end of the phone ....
I’ve worked with Acton banks since October. During this time I called in sick once (called in night before so time to get cover) during the phone call I was advised I would t be charged the £50 as it was first time I was ill and she could hear I was poorly so not to worry. The following week £50 was deducted from my wages. I had to make a lot of phone calls and send in self certificate from doctors to prove my sickness and finally the money was paid the week after. Another experience! They called to offer me a shift, I excepted. Within a couple of minutes I’d forgotten i was having my kitchens delivered (within minutes) I called back and explained it had slipped my mind and I was sorry I couldn’t commit to the shift. I was told I had to go. When I explained it was too late in day to rearrange delivery he put the phone down on me and sent a text saying due to my unreliability I would be put on a weeks ban from shifts!! I honestly could t believe how I was treated! They do not care about their candidates. Only in making money off them. They show no understanding even in honest circumstances. If you want to be treated like a robot , there at their disposal the by all means join the agency. I’ve asked to be taken off their books but they continue to text shifts through. Another example that you’re just a number and don’t listen to a word you say!!
Pros
Cons
Treated with very little respect
I am with this agency from last 7 months . I absolutely love it. they never forced you to do work. they charge 50 pounds for cancelling the shift if you don't have genuine reason to ceancl it. nobody tolerated to cancel the shift without any valid reason. pay rates are fare enough. many companies with permanent job pay same. they don't pay for travel charge. they have lots of work in every shift day early evening and nights. if you want you can work 24×7 with them. I strongly recommend this agency to anyone.
Pros
nothing
Cons
lots of work
Basic but expensive NHS Training. Most staff are extremely rude and talk to you like a dog, especially the manager. All of the members of this agency feel this way. No employee rights, or HR representative. If you cant do something they want, they'll punish you by giving minimal weekly shifts so that you struggle to live and are at thier mercy. They will sabotage you- in any way possible! Ask anyone who has worked for them. Nasty people! Jobs are typically miles away, high cost to start and train, charge £50 for cancelling shift if sick. Plenty of other options of agencies to work for, take one of those, or learn the hard way. Well done for checking the reviews, like I should have done! You're welcome.
Pros
New skills
Cons
Low quality of life
You basically work for free for the first hour or so of your job. They charge you for them to pay you which I never knew up until they phoned for my details and explained and when you call in sick they charge you £50. They don’t listen to the areas you say, most the time they send you to areas that aren’t even in reach and when you tell them you can’t do them areas they still ask you over and over again so sometimes you feel pressured.
Pros
Respectful staff
Cons
Don’t listen, charge you for not coming in, charge you so they can pay you.
Excellent agency to work for. Always supportive and interested in up skilling their staff. Excellent service proided to their clients, due to theire reliability guarantee. I would definately recommend to anyone! Give these guys a call and shift requests!
Pros
friendly and professional
Cons
I learn a lot...how to handle the patients .i gained the hospital experience.i love to talk and look after the patient which is the best part in my life.
  1. Employee reviews