Acumen Care Services

Acumen Care Services Employee Reviews

So excellent and are client based and oriented. I had recommended acumen to about 15 people and some of them are under going training in their now. They are good
Cons
Very good company to work with helpful and accomadating if you want the Fredom to work hours around your life this is the company for you.There is plenty of shifts to choose from and different age groups to work with.They have their own training company so training is of the highest standing.
Pros
Freedom to choose shifts
Cons
Can be required to travel
Acumen Care Services are a very friendly and flexible company to work for. They are very accommodating and helpful for all members of the public / staff. They go above and beyond to help their employees. The induction and training days are very useful the training is to a high standard I really learnt a lot from the training to help me partake in my job. The rate of pay is good. I have worked for Acumen for 3 years almost and don't intend on leaving soon. Great company :)
Pros
Friendly, supportive, flexible, great training
Cons
As an agency, Acumen do well. One of the few that let you accrue annual leave and are very supportive of staff. I feel able to contact my manager anytime to discuss any issues. Can work in a variety of setting or stay in one place and get to know the clients better.
Pros
Annual leave, decent hourly rate, pick your shifts
Acumen provide fantastic training from a fun and friendly team. It definitely helps to be flexible in your availability - because the work comes flooding in if you are. Transport is pretty important as they have placements far and wide.
Pros
Friendly and supportive staff
Cons
Can be very short notice
Amazing wish I didn’t leave and really good to talk to and understanding would highly recommended to work for and training is all with them so no messing around
I am at the time of my life where I want an equal work life balance, yet using my skills that I have developed over the years. Working for Acumen has given me both those opportunities and If I wanted to progress within the company and without the company there would be many opportunities available. More importantly for myself though is that Acumen are overall recruiting those that are passionate about the health and care sector and driving upwards and forwards standards of care. You can expect to receive excellent support and supervision. I am very happy to be part of the Acumen team.
Pros
Excellent support, learning opportunites for developing skills
Cons
I have worked for Acumen Care Services since the beginning, it has been so nice to see this company grow. The company has not changed since the beginning. The hours are flexible and the placements are well managed and supportive. Mileage is paid for in some places which is really helpful as some of the placements can be a little out the way. But this is taken into consideration during the application process. Management are helpful and shifts are on hand every week. It does give the ideal work/home life balance which is great when caring for a young family and having to work around my partner.
Pros
Supportive management and paid mileage
Cons
Non noted
When i first started at acumen everything was fine - management seemed helpful and i was expecting the salary of 9.51 - as advertised. they dont pay you the full wage they keep some as holiday pay weather you like it or not, theyll tell you its the law but its a lie as i work for another agency now and they give you the option of having it or saving it as holiday pay. i took on a second job with acumen for extra money but it was more stress than what it was worth. being told i cant have anymore shifts until i complete a supervision with them. i have a full time job and finding time to attend a supervision with for a job i only took on for extra cash - something they was aware of - didnt make sense to me. as time went on management helpfulness faded - rapidly, they are rude, really unhelpful and unorganized. 7 months into working for them they were requesting a copy of my DBS, CV and other documents all of which they had off me at the beginning. Countless times i told them my 1st job is my priority and not acumen - this was continuously ignored. when i handed my notice in - due to stress of having them as a second employer !! they told me i would receive my holiday pay and P45. this didn't happen and i had to email them on several occasions to get both, and in the end i had to make a threat to put negative post on social media to get them. once i sent the email about making a negative post the money was in my bank later that afternoon... funny that ?? Finally i have recently been offered a promotion and needed the certificates i had worked and achieved for with - more...
Pros
Cons
Read the above