Acumen Care Services

4.4
Work-life balance
Job security & advancement

Lovely Agency

So excellent and are client based and oriented. I had recommended acumen to about 15 people and some of them are under going training in their now. They are good

Fun and friendly atmosphere

Very good company to work with helpful and accomadating if you want the Fredom to work hours around your life this is the company for you.There is plenty of shifts to choose from and different age groups to work with.They have their own training company so training is of the highest standing.

Pros

Freedom to choose shifts

Cons

Can be required to travel

Very good

Amazing wish I didn’t leave and really good to talk to and understanding would highly recommended to work for and training is all with them so no messing around

Excellent treatemtent of employees

I am at the time of my life where I want an equal work life balance, yet using my skills that I have developed over the years. Working for Acumen has given me both those opportunities and If I wanted to progress within the company and without the company there would be many opportunities available. More importantly for myself though is that Acumen are overall recruiting those that are passionate about the health and care sector and driving upwards and forwards standards of care. You can expect to receive excellent support and supervision. I am very happy to be part of the Acumen team.

Pros

Excellent support, learning opportunites for developing skills

Flexible and Supportive

I have worked for Acumen Care Services since the beginning, it has been so nice to see this company grow. The company has not changed since the beginning. The hours are flexible and the placements are well managed and supportive. Mileage is paid for in some places which is really helpful as some of the placements can be a little out the way. But this is taken into consideration during the application process. Management are helpful and shifts are on hand every week. It does give the ideal work/home life balance which is great when caring for a young family and having to work around my partner.

Pros

Supportive management and paid mileage

Cons

Non noted

Dont waste your time

When i first started at acumen everything was fine - management seemed helpful and i was expecting the salary of 9.51 - as advertised. they dont pay you the full wage they keep some as holiday pay weather you like it or not, theyll tell you its the law but its a lie as i work for another agency now and they give you the option of having it or saving it as holiday pay. i took on a second job with acumen for extra money but it was more stress than what it was worth. being told i cant have anymore shifts until i complete a supervision with them. i have a full time job and finding time to attend a supervision with for a job i only took on for extra cash - something they was aware of - didnt make sense to me. as time went on management helpfulness faded - rapidly, they are rude, really unhelpful and unorganized. 7 months into working for them they were requesting a copy of my DBS, CV and other documents all of which they had off me at the beginning. Countless times i told them my 1st job is my priority and not acumen - this was continuously ignored. when i handed my notice in - due to stress of having them as a second employer !! they told me i would receive my holiday pay and P45. this didn't happen and i had to email them on several occasions to get both, and in the end i had to make a threat to put negative post on social media to get them. once i sent the email about making a negative post the money was in my bank later that afternoon... funny that ?? Finally i have recently been offered a promotion and needed the certificates i had worked and achieved for with -

Pros

Cons

Read the above

Jobs at Acumen Care Services