Acumen Care Services

Acumen Care Services Management reviews

I have worked for Acumen Care Services since the beginning, it has been so nice to see this company grow. The company has not changed since the beginning. The hours are flexible and the placements are well managed and supportive. Mileage is paid for in some places which is really helpful as some of the placements can be a little out the way. But this is taken into consideration during the application process. Management are helpful and shifts are on hand every week. It does give the ideal work/home life balance which is great when caring for a young family and having to work around my partner.
Pros
Supportive management and paid mileage
Cons
Non noted
When i first started at acumen everything was fine - management seemed helpful and i was expecting the salary of 9.51 - as advertised. they dont pay you the full wage they keep some as holiday pay weather you like it or not, theyll tell you its the law but its a lie as i work for another agency now and they give you the option of having it or saving it as holiday pay. i took on a second job with acumen for extra money but it was more stress than what it was worth. being told i cant have anymore shifts until i complete a supervision with them. i have a full time job and finding time to attend a supervision with for a job i only took on for extra cash - something they was aware of - didnt make sense to me. as time went on management helpfulness faded - rapidly, they are rude, really unhelpful and unorganized. 7 months into working for them they were requesting a copy of my DBS, CV and other documents all of which they had off me at the beginning. Countless times i told them my 1st job is my priority and not acumen - this was continuously ignored. when i handed my notice in - due to stress of having them as a second employer !! they told me i would receive my holiday pay and P45. this didn't happen and i had to email them on several occasions to get both, and in the end i had to make a threat to put negative post on social media to get them. once i sent the email about making a negative post the money was in my bank later that afternoon... funny that ?? Finally i have recently been offered a promotion and needed the certificates i had worked and achieved for with - more...
Pros
Cons
Read the above