Acumen Care Services

Clear
4.4
Work-life balance
Pay & benefits

As an agency, Acumen do well. One of the few that let you accrue annual leave and are very supportive of staff. I feel able to contact my manager anytime to discuss any issues. Can work in a variety of setting or stay in one place and get to know the clients better.

Pros

Annual leave, decent hourly rate, pick your shifts

Dont waste your time

When i first started at acumen everything was fine - management seemed helpful and i was expecting the salary of 9.51 - as advertised. they dont pay you the full wage they keep some as holiday pay weather you like it or not, theyll tell you its the law but its a lie as i work for another agency now and they give you the option of having it or saving it as holiday pay. i took on a second job with acumen for extra money but it was more stress than what it was worth. being told i cant have anymore shifts until i complete a supervision with them. i have a full time job and finding time to attend a supervision with for a job i only took on for extra cash - something they was aware of - didnt make sense to me. as time went on management helpfulness faded - rapidly, they are rude, really unhelpful and unorganized. 7 months into working for them they were requesting a copy of my DBS, CV and other documents all of which they had off me at the beginning. Countless times i told them my 1st job is my priority and not acumen - this was continuously ignored. when i handed my notice in - due to stress of having them as a second employer !! they told me i would receive my holiday pay and P45. this didn't happen and i had to email them on several occasions to get both, and in the end i had to make a threat to put negative post on social media to get them. once i sent the email about making a negative post the money was in my bank later that afternoon... funny that ?? Finally i have recently been offered a promotion and needed the certificates i had worked and achieved for with -

Pros

Cons

Read the above

Jobs at Acumen Care Services