AD Construction Group

AD Construction Group Reviews

United Kingdom17 reviews

Challenging but worthwhile

I started AD Construction Group as a Apprentice Marketing Assistant in December 2016, I have completed my apprenticeship and now a full time employee. AD Construction Group is a relaxed place to work, and I enjoy working in the marketing team. A typical day of work at AD for me is fill out Selective Questionnaires / Pre-Qualification Questionnaires, looking for new opportunities, help organise any events coming up and go to conferences. This is my 3rd year at AD and I feel like I have learnt a lot of from the team, they have taught me about the construction industry as I had no clue what the construction industry was all about. I feel I have gained a lot more confidence whilst being at AD by attending conferences and company events talking to our existing and new clients. I have learnt to manage multiple deadlines and assist my team in meeting these deadlines. My team are all very supportive and we ensure we help each other with any task. The most enjoyable part of my job is attending different conferences and helping organising company events, I enjoy socialising with clients and members of staff. Also, when we have been successful on Selective Questionnaires / Pre-Qualification Questionnaires I have completed this shows a sign of achievement. The hardest part of my job is gathering information from the Contract Manager for tenders but I ensure I give them plenty of notice or ask to arrange a meeting instead of keep chasing them up.

Pros

Welcoming staff

A good company to work for

A very good company to work for, support available from the management team, lots of training and progression available. A family ran company with family values.

Insights into AD Construction Group

Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Fair pay for job
  • Ability to meet personal goals

Productive and Fun workplace

Great place to work, friendly atmosphere and well organised. Office parties, training opportunities, low turnover of staff. Mentoring scheme to help communicate and grow among colleagues.

Great team and nice staff

Really enjoy working at AD the opportunities for progression and training are better than at any other company I have ever worked at. I like the team and what the company stand for.

Pros

Training

Poor

Worst company ever. Only care about you if you are a manager. Managers have 0 people skills and only care about their profit. LOWEST OF THE LOW WAGES.

Pros

Company gym where married men go👀

Cons

Minimum holiday. Forced to take over xmas period whilst directors/managers are in the caribbean.

Not good

They take anyone as they’re desperate for staff.Wages is very low very high turn around in staff due to this. Sounds good in the interview but in reality its not. Only managers looked after which is a known fact.

Productive and fun

I worked at ad construction for 10 years and built a good friendship with the people and company there I really enjoyed and was sad to leave, my reason for leaving was i moved back home further up north and needed a job more local to meI really enjoyed my time there and would go back if i moved down south providing the company would like to take me back on again

Pros

Company van, phone

Cons

Travelling which may add extra hours to ur daily routine

Great opportunities and workplacement

I have started my job in November 2019 . still to todays date ( 19.08.20) i feel very welcomed, everyone is supportive and helpful and friendly. every member of staff have a warm welcome . AD is a great place to work for as it comes with many opportunities other companies will not offer.

Pros

parties, different qualification offers, friendly staff

Great Workplace - Nice Teams

Really enjoy working here. Every day is different. I like my uniform and my team. I have a company vehicle which is great. I enjoy talking to residents and site staff. It's a fun workplace doing great work in the community. I have been given lots of support and training and am enjoying progressing my career here.

Pros

Training

Great Place to Work

AD is a great place to work. Excellent staff and colleagues and plenty of opportunity for training and learning. The career progression is great and very fast tracked with full training provided. I feel supported by my manager and my team.

Pros

Friendly atmosphere

Hard working and driven company

The typical day could vary on location quite a bit due to the nature of the contract. But as a process driven company a lot of the daily tasks where the same. Management was busy but approachable. I have learnt that hard work is rewarded at AD. The Culture is to work hard as a team. Dealing with traffic is without doubt the hardest part of the Job. The most enjoyable part of the job is dealing with the operatives all of which are good people, most of which have been with the company for a long time, know their roles and make my job easier.

Pros

Delivery teams work togeather, Good team spirit

Cons

occasional long hours due to travel

Awful

Worst company with the worst management. False promises given at every appraisal. Uptight females. Stereotypical Cliques. Overtime expected to be worked without pay. Ridiculous amounts f driving to sites. Wages very low. Extremely quick turnover of staff.

Pros

Cons

Everything mentioned above

Apprenticeship

This company was my first real office based job. I was a temp here and the staff we're mostly okay. This company provide first aid courses.

Seriuos Company

Invaluable experience I have gained with them in housing sector and decent homes.

Cons

Long hours.

ad construction

As a 2 man gang ad construction is A good company to work for i really enjoyed working for them doing genaral mainternance, basic carpentry & electrics

A relaxed but busy workplace

AD Construction is a good place to work as a team and as an individual. Everyone works close together to maintain strong and effective working relationships. A typical day at work is to fill out Pre-Qualification Questionnaires and research possible Tender opportunities. I have learnt a lot at AD Construction Group, mainly through my Department Manager. She has taught me everything I need to know about the job and she has also let me get a bit creative. I have gained a lot of confidence working for this company, which showed when my Department Manager was on Maternity leave and I took over the Management duties. I have learnt to prioritise my work and work to very tight deadlines, without letting the pressure of getting something in on time get to me. My Manager is very supportive and so is the Managing Director, who is always pushing to get the most out of my ability and potential. I get on very well with my co-workers and have gained a strong working relationship with all of them. The hardest part of my job is getting information from the Contract Managers for questionnaires, when they are extremely busy. Though, I have learnt to be a bit more direct in my approach and this issue has improved. We now have an understanding that to help me, will benefit them in the long run, helping to win them Tenders and further work. The most enjoyable part of my job is when we qualify on a Pre-Qualification Questionnaire or win a Tender my department had input in. It makes my job feel worthwhile and I always feel a sense of achievement.

Pros

Hours are the same every day, I enjoy the job

Cons

Feel like I have reached my potential at the Company and to move forward in my career, I need to move on

Fun Workplace

Most enjoyable part of the job was who I worked with, everyone was so lovely and friendly. I have learnt alot at this placement and it has really helped my confidence grow.

Pros

working with lovely people

Cons

Salary

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AD Construction Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement