Addaction

Addaction Employee Reviews

Fast pace high work load. Good team can be rewarding work.Good team helpful Good place to learn about addictionBased in the town centre so near al amenities has own car park.
Addaction in Boston (We are with you) is a horrible place to work. The staff put on nice faces but are some of the most duplicitous people you could work with. Either your face fits, or you will be treated like something they stepped in. The way they talk about service users is disgusting. If the managers like a service user they will bend the rules for them. If they don't like a service user they will use the power they have to punish them.
Pros
Cons
Horrible staff/management/culture
Very high caseloads difficult and unsafe to manage. Reactive, rather than proactive, approach to problem solving by upper management gives a sense of being disorganised, poor communication and lack of support from senior management for staff.
You tried and tried to do all that they requested. Flogging a dead horse. The managment oversight was critism after critism. Loved the 1:1 work not enough time. At one stage manager says see clients every half our
Pros
1:1 work with clients
Cons
The whole set up and the organisation of bullies
Brilliant work in terms of potential outcomes for clients and being able to see positive results. However high workload and insufficient pay made me feel undervalued for the important work I was doing.
Pros
Interesting work.
Cons
Emotionally draining.
Casual multi skilled young person worker. Not enough shifts, no progression. Great service for vulnerable kids. Can be challenging but lovely when you get to know them. Supportive senior staff.
Pros
Different experience every shift, friendly colleagues/staff members, further training available
Cons
Not enough shifts
The team lacks diversity in many areas and needs to be reviewed. Colleagues especially in the BEAT TEAM lacks professionalism and still has a culture of racism in its ranks. Management needs to address these issues, unfortunately staff who are present are complicit so its not reported to management. The Caseload is huge and staff are greatly over worked. The only good thing about the role is working with clients and being part of their treatment pathway.
Pros
Workshops are a great facility
Cons
Not enough time to work with clients 1-2-1 and more about targets and data management
Reasonable pay for the sector, but not much advancement. Addaction has a young workforce and prefers short term appointments in general. Those in the firm for over 5 years were referred to as ‘Dinosaurs’.
Pros
Freedom to be a innovative
Cons
Frequent ruthless restructures
aWful place to work, management are shocking and are no help to the amazing staff that they have!! Get paid pittance for such a difficult job and feel very underappreciated by managment who like to sit on there a**** all day giving us more stuff to do!!! if it wasnt for the people i worked with i would have left after the first week!!!
Great place to work and develop. The team really care and go above and beyond in what they do. Friendly staff and fantastic opportunities to grow and develop.
As this employment is a charity workers have to be passionate about the job and diverse individuals they are working with. Addaction encourage this passion
Was devastated when Addaction lost the contract with my local authority to a service who under estimated the cost of the service they could provide and subsequently went into administration. I would happily work for Addaction again. It was a pleasure.
Pros
Great leadership and work life balance
Cons
Opporates on a tender basis to local authorities, can be on a short term basis dependant on contract length
Fast paced and can be stressful days no day is the same. Meet lots of different people everyday from all different backgrounds which is interesting..
Worked here for a year and watched 19 colleagues, including myself, bullied, harrassed & forced out of their jobs by underhand tactics by management. So much stress in the job due to unsafe working practices & sky high caseloads. Loved working with that client group, but no backup from management. If this sort of work appeals to you, my advice would be find a different organisation.
It’s the frontline staff that keep Addaction going, management is non existent, with the ivory towers management never seen or heard from. Addaction staff are badly paid for the job they do and most Addaction staff are looking to leave. The fact that there are around 30 members of staff on NHS contracts and are paid £10,000+ more a year doing the same job is a complete joke. Total disharmony amongst staff with the place being run on a wing and a prayer.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Poor salary
The only reason I left was because I moved abroad and set up 2 successful businesses abroad but I could not fault this organisation. If I did not move to Tenerife I would probably say this was the best organisation I have ever worked for.
Pros
Amazing teamwork.
Cons
N/a
I wanted to walk out after my first 3 weeks. I really don't understand how a service that is so important is led so badly. I feel sorry for the staff who work there who give they're all but are met with totally unrealistic targets. The salary they now pay is an absolute joke and doesn't balance with the amount of pressure you're placed under. Think twice before taking a post here. I really wish I did. People leaving in droves...its a complete failure from the top brass. They really need to take a look at whats going on
Pros
Supporting clients
Cons
Poor leadership
I spent time volunteering with this service and was absolutely shocked at the lack of leadership and direction provided to staff by management. I have lived experience of addiction and felt I was at a stage in my recovery that I was able to give something to others still struggling with this disease. I ended up leaving this service astounded by the lack of knowledge and experience managers had in addiction and here they were attempting to provide an addiction service. When are funders of charities like saddaction going to realise that organisations like this are only capable of delivering the minimal service possible as they don't invest in their staff. An online training module does not qualify staff to work in this field. I feel sorry for people in Dumfries looking for support with their addiction only having this service as an option its no wonder most only rely on the NHS. Come on Dumfries educate yourself!!
Pros
Caring staff
Cons
No vision or direction
Only interested in winning contracts!! Undercut other organisations to win contracts, then pay staff off. Senior managment in Scotland are unsupportive, lack knowledge, ability and competence. Previous manager was allowed to abuse his position for years until he was sacked as a result of the care commission being contacted. Current manager is out of his depth. Training and supervision does not equip or enable staff to work with such a vulnerable service user group. Staff moral is at rock bottom resulting in arguments, back stabbing and atmospheres.
Pros
Cons
Staff are undervalued
Professional team of worker dedicated to making positive change systematically destroyed a recovery focused service to replace it with a maintainence and prescribing service that so far from being person centred And more funding lead.
Pros
leaving.
Cons
Responsible for 20+ full time team members in two locations, facilitating a volunteer training programme and volunteer counselling service. Provision of quarterly monitoring reports based on database statistics and regular financial reporting to the NHS, Local Authorities, Probation Service and the European Social Fund. I found the work stressful at times and often worked out of hours which added to the feelings of isolation. I began to miss the face to face support services that were more hands on although my attitude has always been to focus on the bigger picture and turn problems into opportunities for learning.
Pros
Expenses from Brighton to London covered. Good career development and progression opportunities.
Cons
Cost of living increases outweigh yearly salary increases.
  1. Employee reviews