Addison Lee

Addison Lee Employee Reviews

United Kingdom160 reviews

leelondondriverfruitcarearnlongdealing

Not bad place

Not bad place to work, easy job to do, not stressful, good management.... Work hours easy , clean and safe place to work. Salary reasonable for the job they do...

Best company as a passenger.

Ok if you need time for yourself and you need some extra money. It’s a company it exists for the shareholders. It makes money from passengers and drivers.

Insights into Addison Lee

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Energising work tasks

don't bother

they couldnt care less about you. they want there sats to look good. they want you to answer as many calls as you can.5 minuets in total for the whole day for a toilet break ......

Very stressful at times

Dealing with abusive customers on the phone on a daily basis and management often take their side and give them what they want even when clearly in the wrong.

Pros

Staff discount for booking cars

Cons

Long hours and abusive customers with little to no support

Fast paced and stressful

If you are in the good books with the management team, you will do very well. If you make ONE mistake, you will get pulled up for it and judged harshly. If you do well, you get ABSOLUTELY NOTHING IN RETURN. If you enjoy being screamed at every single day without being able to do anything about the problem and without support, you will definitely like this place. They do offer “free cereal and fruit” if you make it to the kitchen on time. You get 2 minutes to use as personal time a day, but other than that it’s okay.

Pros

Easter egg at easter

Cons

Stressful

Greedy company

You are in debt to them every monday for vehicle they supply so you figure it out. You should never be debt to your workplace you are there to earn money not taken advantage of.

Awful

Horrible employers. They do not value their staff at all and you'll lucky to be paid correctly atleast once. Do not recommend at all. The work is fast paced and they do not care about anyone other than themselves.

Pros

Free fruit

Cons

Minimal breaks

Bonus paid if you met monthly targets

Training was provided. Job could be quite stressful during busy periods especially if there was a train strike and everyone was looking to book a taxi. Not all team managers were willing to help out with calls so you were left to deal with issues on your own.

Decent pay, long hours

Decent pay but you need to do long hours to make a good profit. Flexibility is useful when you have kids or other projects, you still need to pay for the car though.

Pros

Flexible

Cons

The owners don't value the drivers, at all!

You can dedicate all your life, in the end they'll sell the company to some else for a lot of money, and not even a proper thank you to the ones that helped building the company.

Pros

No advantage

Cons

You have to pay them to work

Flexible and relaxed

Nice company to work for. Can be stressful to drive in central London for long periods of time but luckily you don´t stay there the whole time.They maintain their cars to a very good standard.

Pros

Flexible self-employed basis

Profesional

I have worked for a long time for this company and I can tell you that it is a professional and serious company, with colleagues who are always happy to help you solve any problems. I worked 7 years but in last period CEO working for profit only. Is not fair for old drivers. We was with you and help with your business.

Pros

Free service

Cons

Started of good some manager not helpful

Not bad overall stated off good then some mangers think they are your dad pay was very low would just scrape grand a month which is hard to live on overall 2 out of 5

Pros

Flexible

Cons

Repetitive

Fun and fast paced work place

Working at Luton airport, there was a plethora of activities to be done at Addison lee. I got to meet a range of individuals, and set them up with a taxi. It was a decent job, and I snored the 12 hour shifts. It’s a shame that it was in a cabin outside without efficient heating

fun and exciting

everyone in the workplace is great and its an enjoyable place to work!the hard days are rewarded with laughs and special days!can be very fast paced but can also be very relaxing

Pros

free coffee and fruit

Cons

there are none

Energy and amazing development opportunities!

Addison Lee is a fantastic place to learn new skills, grow your career and develop professionally. In an industry that changes so frequently, and is so-fast paced - it's frightening how quickly the hours go by at work! There is always lots going on, and there are always projects to get stuck in to. The recruitment process ahs been honed over the past 4 years with various professional support partners that has enabled us to make it a fun, comfortable and yet challenging on-boarding process! The training program is thriving, and 7 of the 14 managers here were advisors once upon a time! A great place to grow....

Pros

Development, growth, fun and learning! Good facilities!

Cons

Hard work, can be fast-paced especially in peak!

Hard to believe but true

First, let me say that I drove for A L in 2020On a daily basis, they looked after their drivers very wellBut when COVID hit, they was hardly any support for driversI see now they are offering a minimum wage…. Too little too late, I was actually losing money every week, where was the help then?

Best place to work

You get yo work with some knowledge people. It's up to you how you want to absorb that's knowledge.

Managed out

It's not a bad place to workUntil 2 managers don't like you, then they encourage others to cold shoulder you, on the night shift,Very cliquey, expect a married man to hit on you and sees no fault in it

Pros

Easy job

Cons

Managed out if your disliked

Over rated cab company

If your face fits you will be fine. If you meet all the targets that give you sweet fa but your line manager a nice monthly bonus you will be alright. If you do not meet any of these criteria then you can find yourself feeling rather alone and under immense pressure from your line manager to keep there purses full. Watch your language too because it doesn't matter how long you have worked for them you make one slip and you can get sacked without a seconds thought for your well being or your home life condition. Over all not a great experience

Pros

Free tea and coffe

Cons

Crazy expectations

Great!

I started my career at Addison Lee and it helped me get further in my career! I really enjoyed working with everyone I did they were all so friendly and management helped me become a better professional person!

Pros

Amazing benefits!

Cons

Hard to progress in certain departments.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Addison Lee. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement