Addison Lee Group
Happiness score is 60 out of 100

Addison Lee Group Employee Reviews

I Loved working here, the staff were friendly, there was never a dull moment. Always a problem to be solved. I would still be here if I wasn’t being made redundant
I have been working for this company for 7 years and I have absolutely nothing to comment on them. It is a very professional company, they collaborate very easily, there are always people there to help you day and night. now I have some problems with my mother and I had to stop working but I am sure that when I return they will receive me back with open arms.
no progression to moving upNo allowed to talk to your colleaguesManagement was self absorbedThey had groups of people in their own circle,no entry.
Pros
Experience in the Accounts department
Cons
no breaks
Very playground like environment & completely unprofessional with no prospect for career development. Management is rather poor & 98% white despite their 'equality' policy.
Excellent company to work with good service and great đź‘Ť people. Cash & credit card jobs are excellent jobs. Addison Lee is a big company you get a job where ever you drop off.
Pros
Credit card & cash jobs excellent jobs
Cons
Account jobs less money
- Senior Management are useless and unhelpful! The personal relationships within the office create a negative atmosphere. - No equality within the workplace, they promote themselves as great in developing people but they couldn’t be anymore of an opposite to this. If you’re mates with the management or have personal relationships with them then you’re fine. - Toxic working environment and constantly stabbed in the back by colleagues. - Make false promises and never deliver to agreed expectations. - Be very careful working for Addison Lee in the Peterborough office. It is not the positive place that they make out. - Senior management do not conduct 121’s with their managers in a timely manner and will quickly throw their managers under a bus to protect themselves.
Pros
End of the day
Cons
False Promises, no support with development, lack of direction, cannot handle straight forward processes.
They are market leading company. Good staff and professional. It’s really good experience work with Addison Lee. That serves varied level of customer along with lots of foreign customers. Which is build up my experience of customer service and no how to handle the situation.
Staff and management are all fantastic (especially Trina and Gavin) It was a really nice place to work with lots of laughter. You have to make sure drivers in the nearest area make collections smoothly and efficiently to maintain a good quality service. All departments were a pleasure to work with and always helpful.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Not many
Addison Lee is a good company to work for if you are willing to work at least 50hrs a week to make decent money. Because you are self employed, you have to put in the hours. They do not disturb you that much when you are working. They offer a lot of vouchers for loyal workers. It good company to work for if you are willing to put in the hours.
Pros
You always have a reliable car to work with.
Cons
Sometimes the driver liaisons go over the top.
Wouldnot reccomend working for them,they have an oldboy net work, are not forward thinking as they portray them selves to be. If it was not for the people tou work with it would be a lot worse place to work,the management dont care about the staff. They have a blame culture that will never change
Pros
Friends at work
Cons
Not a bad company to work for To many drivers slow pace regards working on a daily basis Work is not consistent Controllers seemed bias towards certain drivers
Pros
Good management
Cons
Not professional enough
Very poor company who do not communicate with there drivers and just expect you to just turn up. Contral room staff very rude and unhelpful. Driver liaison officer for north west non existence, drivers having to sort issues for themselves.
Pros
I’ve been an courier for over 20 years, and this has to be the most awful, shocking, badly managed, poor communication run company ever!!! Don’t pay in time! Rip you off with all these charges, best jobs go to the guys who have friends as controllers! Have to work 12-15 days, 7 days a week to make an decent living!!! There was
Pros
Non
Cons
Lovely people to work with but also quite stressful at busy times We have great work ethics I would like to see a clear path of progression to help me succeed within myself
Was a good experience working at Addison Lee ! Good car maintenance,friendly staff .On time payment.Quality customer,and good jobs. Goos comunication with controller!
Lie about money and what you earn make you work all day for next to nothing then start giving you jobs at 3-4 o'clock you ending doing 12-15 hours a day 6 days a week and after you've paid every thing out you will be lucky if you clear 400 pound it's a joke ,the controllers are so rude and aggressive if you have one disagrement they put you in the bad book,horrible place to work.
If you value your mental health, don't even think about applying for a job with Addison Lee. After the first 3 months I started seriously considering having a lobotomy. If you enjoy being nothing but a number, you might like it here. Despite massive staff turnover (there's a good reason for that), the office manages to be cliquey and often deeply unpleasant. Certain members of management are either completely inept, or completely devoid of people skills. Sometimes both. A couple are ridiculously highly-strung and should've chosen a career in amateur dramatics instead. If you need help on a call and enjoy being belittled, ignored, or made to feel like a mosquito that needs swatting away, this may be the job for you. There ARE one or two fabulous managers who actually care about their staff, and they really stand out, sadly because the others are so dismal. There are a few kinds of internal promotion, if I remember rightly, with most of them involving becoming a slightly more glorified call centre agent. You get to sit in a different part of the office with all the other chosen ones, talk to customers who have more money than sense, and wonder what the heck has gone so wrong with your life. Or you could be promoted to manager, and everyone else will wonder what the heck has gone so wrong with your life. December/Christmas/New Year is incredibly busy. During episodes of very high call volumes, you're prevented from going to the toilet. There is absolutely no appreciation from those higher up, for the sheer amount of hard work put in by the customer service team over this - more...
Pros
Decent location, easy to get to even if you don't drive
Cons
You'll be left an empty husk of a person if you stay here too long
Not a bad company to work for if your willing to put the hours in can pay very well. Also a benefit you can start and finish whenever you want. Typical day would involve picking up all sorts of sized packages/boxes and driving mostly in London but rarely outside home counties Controllers were good to work under.
My daily routine was about same every day.I would start at 5 am until 10 am and than from 4 pm until 9 pm.Basically working during peak hours.The work was mainly enjoyable,customers were nice and polite.Here and there I would get a customer who was late for a meeting or airport and they were a bit tense untill the drop off ,but generally never had a big problem.During the years I learned to be very patient,which helped me a lot.
Great company, offers great benefits, provides you with a vehicle. Weekly pay, the hardest part of the job is learning where certain buildings are and finding where to park
Great driving experience at Addison Lee very reliable competent management loads of work distribution systems good time management with polite staff and managers.
  1. Employee reviews