Addleshaw Goddard

Working at Addleshaw Goddard: Latest Addleshaw Goddard Reviews

United Kingdom18 reviews

Productive and hard working

There is a high expectation to work outside of office hours but there are great opportunities for progression and development within the wider firm.

Very supportive manager and colleagues Opportunity to learn and growThe company take care of there staffsFeel like coming to work, Very friendly and supportive staff.

Insights into Addleshaw Goddard

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Support from manager
  • Overall satisfaction

Great for first role

Great for a first job if your young A paralegal is an individual who is employed or retained by a lawyer, law office, corporation, governmental agency, or other entity and who performs specifically delegated substantive legal work for which a lawyer is responsible. Paralegals perform tasks requiring knowledge of the law and legal procedures.

Pros

Subsidized lunch

Cons

poor progression

I was made redundant after 10 years enjoyed my time there. Fast paced and very corporate. Great team building and training given. Overall a great job.

negative environment

It's very hard to fit in as a new starter here, especially as a PA. I came across some really unpleasant behavior. Not worth it for the poor salary. Would avoid.

General PA role

General role and office environment. Isolated teams and not a lot of integration. General systems and expected tasks. Options to join various committees within the firm.

Terrible place to work

I worked here for around 14 months and it was the most miserable 14 months of my life. Terrible management, no clear path for progression and a poor working culture, with some really awful colleagues (the stab you in the back type). I couldn't advise people to avoid this company more.

Pros

Cons

Poor management, environment and culture

Lots of opportunity to progress and learn. Great clients and skilled lawyers. Work is challenging and the culture of the firm is great. Staff are very approachable.

Pros

Good quality of work

Cons

Cafe is expensive.

Solicitor working in London

I work as a remote solicitor for various London firms that are now offering flexible working. The work is varied and exciting and the opportunities are endless!

Warm and friendly

I interned here in my second year of sixth form. Really enjoyed the atmosphere and how friendly everyone was. Everyone was attentive and always there to help.

Fun workplace

This work placement was very beneficial as it allowed me to develop key skills such as problem solving and communication. As well as this, I was able to carry out office work such as photocopying, scanning etc.

Pros

Free lunch

Good, but boring

the team is generally ok, but the career advancement stinks. Management is poor and very finance driven. Management is thinly spread across a really big team and the work is really repetitive. Wage raises are poor and pointless.

Pros

parties

Cons

lack of advancement

Dreadful firm

Worked there a few years ago in London. HR are unprofessional and so is the way the company is run. Manchester may be an improvement but u doubt it!

Pros

Cons

Unprofessional

support

fun workplace and on a typical day i just like to relax a bit with my colleagues,i learnt to treat others how you wish to be my co workers are a very good influence free food

Productive and Fun Workplace

Throughout my work experiences I learnt many key skills such as interacting with others, being confident, ability to work with people from different backgrounds and age groups and much more. • Preparing and summarising documents • Working on case within a team • Helping members of department by carrying out research task • Group presentation of a case and client advice to supervisors

Pros

Really easy going and helpful staff

Cons

The internship only lasted for one week

Relaxed work environment, lovely work colleagues

Day to day running of the purchase side of accounts, inputting invoices, generating cheque runs, dealing with supplier phone calls, inputting partner expenses and arranging payments, supplier statement rconciliation and requesting any invoices that were not in the system, entering counsel fees.The management were very helpful and easy to approach with any problems. My co workers were lovely and all the different teams got on really well and were always ready to help in other departments if needed.The most enjoyable part of my job was entering invoices and partner expenses.The hardest part of the job was counsellor fees due to the way the invoices were submitted, we had to be careful we didnt enter the full invoice in case it had previously been entered so the full account had to be checked before we could enter anything from a new invoice, which could sometimes be time consuming.

Pros

a relaxed environment to work in

TST Team Summary

Responsibilities:Liaising with other internal departments.Typing correspondences from solicitors and fee earners.Photocopying and scanning documents.

Pros

variation of work

Cons

pay very low

Work Experience

A good week in which i was required to partake in various chores and tasks reminiscent of a lawyer's normal working week.

Pros

good ambient

Cons

only a 1 week placement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Addleshaw Goddard. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement