Admiral

Admiral Employee Reviews

If you have a strong personality and don't get put off by upset customers, and can remember a lot of information, then this is a good place to work, if you like call centres this is the best one you could work in, in my honest opinion. The people there are very friendly and supportive, including most of the managers, but the job is stressful as you deal with a lot of pushy customers and equally pushy management at times as they try to meet the ever-increasing targets set by those above. (Managers seem to pull you in the opposite direction to the customers, leaving you piggy in the middle, having to think up a compromise. It is, unfortunately, the nature of the job, some people can deal with it, others can't).
Pros
Free Gym Pass, Free Fruit
Cons
Occasional abuse on the phone, teams and managers change frequently, so you cannot make friends for very long with anyone
Pay is dreadful ! Your on a basic salary, with commission. However if you make a minor mistake you loose your commission so you can’t rely on it. You get abused down the phone on a regular basis over things you can’t control. Some of the benefits are nice and the “admiral culture” Because of covid everyone is working from home now which means less support, long hours, expected to to do over time and if you decline (god forbid you want a day off) you get told “well there’s nothing else you can be doing” RUDE ! I would never recommend someone to work there. It’s awful!
Pros
Free Fruit
Cons
The whole thing
The company culture is great! Everyone is so friendly and they definitely hire lovely bubbly people. Most of the managers talk to you like you’re on the the same level. It was always nice to come in and see everyone. It’s a shame the job is so repetitive; reading the same script 50 times a day. If you don’t mind call centres this is the best one out there! They really take care of you there. You’ll meet the CEO and they’ll talk to you like normal people and your team will take you out for coffee as a thank you. I would say the actual job is quite draining and you may feel down if you don’t meet your KPIs but they put so much time and effort into helping you be better. Unfortunately, I just feel uncomfortable selling products to people if they don’t need them so it’s not for me. You definitely take the job home with you too, you’ll lay awake reciting scripts and worrying that you did something wrong on that last call. Great workplace though!
Pros
getting your schedule for the whole year
Cons
6 day work weeks
Best employer I've had! Benefits and pension are excellent and the ethos of the whole company means each person is important. Great culture of encouragement and support. Amazing work life balance, top employer many times for graduate opportunities and lots of opportunities for progression. I can't recommend this company enough! If I hadn't had to relocate for family reasons, I'd still be working there. In fact if they opened up an office around here I'd apply immediately. I definitely recommend this employer. đź‘Ś
Pros
Generous share scheme
Cons
Starting salary could be better
Terrible company on the basis that they had no clue what to do when COVID-19 hit. They shower you with gifts and sweets to make out they're your friend. When working from home they don't care about your mental health or isolation only things you get wrong and have no patience at all.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
After they've treated you with sweets they can't wait to find something on you.
Worked at admiral new business department Newport for 6 months. It’s a very clicky culture in there and if your face fits you’ll be fine but if not you won’t. We had 12 new starters in our group and only 2 managed to get through the probation period. Extremely strict on targets and don’t even think about being ill while working there as they come down on you like a ton of bricks.
Pros
Cons
As mentioned
Amazing company ever evolving and lead the way in treating staff and customers.Always open to suggestions from staff with a brilliant environment of teamwork.
Pros
Hard work rewarded.
Cons
Calls can be stressful at times in busy periods
There’s not many things I can find to fault Admiral as a company. Everyone who works there are friendly and reliable people and really do care about the customers
Pros
Shares in the company
Cons
Long hours.
The reason for the 2 stars is purely because all through lockdown the staff had full pay which was amazing, HOWEVER..When I first started I really enjoyed my job the people, managers, the actual role it changed after about 6 months But I have recently quit my job after 2 and a half years because of the management and awful morale, since December I’d say more that 30 people have left my department which was renewals Llansamlet PS haven’t rang to ask any questions to why or what the issue was. The managers looks down on you for everything if you don’t hit certain targets it’s the end of the world, because incentives don’t just go into your money it goes into theirs as well which isn’t fair because they don’t help they make you feel as if your thick. If you have a personal issue I would NEVER open your mouth it will spread around the whole office, be discussed in manager meetings and everyone knows. It’s one of the worst places I have ever worked in my life.
Pros
Getting paid during COVID-19
Cons
Horrendous job.
I hated it. Pay was terrible. £16,750 in Cardiff, after your train ticket it was pointless. Not everyone was nice, you were treated like a child when you didn’t meet standards
Pros
Free stuff if you did well
Cons
It was hard to do well and the customers were horrible
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Admiral?
The part I worked for was customer based ,as it's a gaming center, I absolutely loved the customers, the staff are very friendly and approachable. There is opportunity to work your way up to management.
Pros
To be part of a team
Cons
Talking with people
Brilliant job. Worked there for 4 years and loved the atmosphere and ethos. Brilliant rewards and incentives. Poor management. As long as you don’t get under the management feet you’re okay. My advice would be if you don’t question anything and you’re never sick, you’ll have an amazing time here.
Pros
Benefits and Incentives
Cons
Cliquey Management
I enjoyed my time at Admiral but am looking for a change of career. I would recommend this company to anybody who is looking to get into that sort of work.
7 July 2020
Hi, thanks for leaving a lovely review. We're glad you enjoyed working with us. Thanks!
I enjoyed working for the company over the years I have been there. Staff are friendly and the people are good to get along with. You learn a lot and meet friends for life.
8 July 2020
Hi, thanks for leaving a lovely review. We're glad you enjoy working with us. Thanks!
Although a number of years ago, pay was terrible, and gave you very little spare cash after rent, utilities, and all costs of living. The culture created cliques with a lot of favouritism. If you were not one of the small number in these cliques then promotion was impossible. Further bullying of staff who were on the outside of these cliques was common place. If you start at admiral give it no more than six months. If you're in a manager's clique with in this time your future is good. However if you're not, then you will be stuck in the same position with no chance of progessing. Admiral likes to have absolute control of its staff, creating a fake front of fun, and friendliness. If this does not work resorting to intimidation and bullying. This results in staff often feeling like they have to give a lot more then they get back, being taken advantage of. While the manager's favourites seem to be permitted to get away with doing very little, creating tension in the office.
8 July 2020
Hi, Thanks for taking the time to leave your review, please feel free to get in touch to provide a little more detailed information to help us understand how we can resolve the type of situation you have experienced. Our contact details are - workwithus@admiralgroup.co.uk. Thanks, Sam
I recently left admiral to take up the same job in another company for a 58% pay rise! The shares are double counted as a benefit and an excuse for massively underpaying employees.
Pros
Good people, good work culture
Cons
Pay
8 July 2020
Hi, thanks for leaving a review with us. We're sorry you felt the salary was lower than average, we are always looking at ways to improve the whole financial package at Admiral to provide staff with the best benefits and financial reward. Thanks, Sam
I loved working there, loved the challenge of hitting targets, i do miss working there, its so well set up, the people are great, from ccrs all the way to the management.
Pros
Such a good vibe there. Overtime comes with good pay.
Cons
None for me, I enjoyed it all.
8 July 2020
Some days you have good days and some days are terrible, no matter how hard you work the whole job is scripted, they send you hard calls where customers are bound to cancel such as if they sold their vehicle, and it still affects your incentive, not fair and don’t pay enough
Pros
Parties, activities
Cons
Long hours, stressful
8 July 2020
Some days can be repetitive but the team moral helps you get through the day. Monthly competitions can help you have a friendly banter with other team members.
8 July 2020
Loads of room for advancement if you show willing. Salary not the best at the start but if you stick at it the shares and bonus scheme create a decent package.
8 July 2020
First few weeks you are treated excellently but soon after you are pretty much forgotten about. A lot of favourites amongst the management team and employees. Lots of weekend work and late nights. Lots of pressure and lack of personal skills from certain managers.
Pros
Incentive and bonuses
Cons
Weekend shifts
  1. Employee reviews