Advinia Healthcare

Advinia Healthcare Employee Reviews

Featured review
Advinia Healthcare selected this as a representative review
I've worked for a few healthcare companies over the years and Advinia has by far been my best experience. - There is room to progress and improve your personal development. The different area's talent spot so if you have a passion for progression it's a good place to grow. - It's not too 'corporate'. Everyone has a voice and feels valued in whichever area of feedback you're willing to give. - Head Office are helpful - The CEO and COO take a genuine interest in how their employee's feel and contribute. - The homes are all unique and one size 'doesn't fit all'. Person centered care is at the heart of the company and the Residents are well cared for. The homes have friendly, hard working teams. - There are always company projects happening in the background to drive improvements and lots of people get involved. - Home Managers are helpful and passionate.
I have worked at burrswood care home owned by advinia twice now and I regret dearly putting my time and effort into that place! I already did 4 days a week and I still were asked to do overtime just to get treated like horribly by the management! They literally don’t know what they are doing! Don’t have sympathy at all for anybody! There is only a few good staff in that home the rest don’t care! The staff are just pure lazy! Places like burrswood will make you question a whole carer in the health sector it’s honestly sickening what goes on in that home! Please please please do not apply for this home take your time and effort somewhere else! They will turn on you the first chance they get! They would much rather put the blame on you and save their own selfs! No teamwork no nothing
Pros
residents
Cons
management, work overload
Several Home Managers in the last 12 months. Our last manager was supportive and understand staff's concerns. However this home manager say no more. Not approachable. Pretends to support you but doesn't follow through your concerns. Complaints do not get addressed if you are care staff. HR are bias and it's a corrupt culture within management. I left the company and will never work for them again.
Pros
Supportive team on the units
Cons
False advertisment to get staff
Great carers, fab residents but if your face doesn't fit with management then you've had it. Personally I've been unwell for a couple months and had to be off 😒 I handed in sick lines etc.......I approached management 2 months ago now to get back to work made several flexible working requests even gave up completely and agreed to go back to nightshift even though it ment a naff work life balance and yep you guessed it..........I'm still off !!! Trying to speak with manager is like getting blood from a stone.....zero support, tried to go to college aswell all of my own back to do my svq2 but manager wouldn't let a examiner come in twice a month for 30mins to assess me in situ so I had to give up my spot on the course.......overall it pays the bils....met some wonderful carers but the management team are pathetic 😒
Bad management stressful running from unit to unit for pads food not good for residents not a good place to work matron not a nice person switching from unit to unit because no staff have trouble getting on wages no help if management came on units more and chatted with residents and staff they would get to know people instead of coming on straight in office closing door then going back to her office everybody tense when matron comes on unit
Pros
I work at Longwood Grange care home. It’s a brilliant place to work and the staff get on well with eachother. The Residents are ace and we love them like they’re our own family and we all have their interests at heart. However, Advinia are not a good company. The general gist of the home is that Advinia are a horrible company. It’s like working for a tyrannous leader, constantly watched by what we call “big brother”. Advinia like to tell you one way to do something but then change their mind and tell you you did it wrong. COVID-19 was bad to work. Low wage and overworked during a pandemic. We had no incentive to come to work. We only came to work for the Residents. Overall the home is great I have no issues but the company and how it is ran is their downfall. The company asked the staff to give their revues and this is mine.
Pros
The residents and staff at Longwood
Cons
Low wage, bad company, overworked, COVID response
I became a manager for Advinia in January. The upper management are very supportive and engage with all home managers throughout the company.I have a fantastic home, wonderful staff who provide quality care for our residents within the home. They work well as a team and get on like a family. Through the Covid-19 pandemic they have all proven to be an excellent team offering support to all residents, families and each other.We all have a very open and honest relationship with each other.It is a very busy environment and there is always some-one who is there to support you.
Pros
team spirit, support with a happy atmosphere, rewardingly challenging
Cons
Units are forever running on low staffResidents are admitted to the units without being suitable for the placement / unit they have been admitted onPoor management with CSM and even home managers leaving.Management thinks the answer is to move staff across units blaming it on 'skill mix' and don't see the problem despite staff leaving with no notice period as they are that fed up with the lack of support.They don't even let you use the tea, coffee, sugar, milk or juice and you have to bring in your own, yet you can't leave the site when you are on shift to go to the shop if you haven't been able or forgot to bring in milk or your lunch.
Pros
PPE provided. Lovely residents and families who truly appreciate all you do for them.
Cons
long hours, no drinks of tea or coffee, poor management, no work life balance. management will move you units without consult.
I have worked for Advinia since summer 2019.There have been quite a few changes for the better in a short space of time.I feel supported and appreciated in my role.A busy but friendly supportive work environment.
Pros
Variety, different everyday
I have worked for the company for over five years, I have always felt supported by management within the home and area managers.staff and myself are always encouraged to progress through training and other opportunities.Working for Advinia, every day is different, there is always something happening and the company does there best to provide a happy environment for there residents.I am an employee at a care home in Romford, i thoroughly love my job and will always recommend my place of work to other people.The home is one of the smaller homes and is very family orientated, this is what makes us special because everyone is like family.
Pros
Close team of staff
Cons
Covid 19
I've been at this company for just shy of a year now and enjoy working here. There's a good team work ethic and always someone who's willing to help you with anything you require. The online training is easy and intuitive. Overall a high quality and fun company to work for.
Pros
Potential for extra shifts
Cons
I have been working in care for over 5 years and this is the WORST care home I have ever been in I reported the company to care commission. Management should be sacked, not everyone in the care home was terrible at there job but most were. Especially in tower house. Moving and Handling was not followed correctly, staff didn't like each other so it created an atmosphere for the residents. Residents not being aloud to leave there tables until finished dinner even if they didn't want to eat apparently having dementia doesn't give you any choices. Please do not work in this care home it shouldn't be aloud to be open.
Pros
Cons
Staff
I ran from this job after 3 weeks! It’s a face fits type of culture there. New staff are made to feel unwelcome and very isolated which is very sad as it’s meant to be one team. As stated in previous reviews there is no confidentiality here as any problems you take to management are the whole homes gossip for the day. Carers who have been there the longest run the show, they say where you work, who you work with and when you get to have a break regardless of what senior staff have said.
Pros
The residents
Cons
Bullying staff
Really enjoy working for advinia . I have been working in care for 22 years , I am very passionate about the job! It’s very rewarding! Really love it here!
Pros
Helping others
Cons
I would reccommend working here, kind management who are on top of things and put us all through regular training which boost everyone's confidence. Kind and caring what more to want from a work place.
I look forward to coming into work every day since I have worked for Advinia. The manager is great a real breath of fresh air, I have learnt so much from her. The culture of being kind to each other, supporting your colleagues is at the for front of every thing we do. The hardest part of the job for me has been working under COVID-19 since my employment started in Feb 2020. The most enjoyable part of the job for me is being a part of a truly great team.
Pros
Nice environment
Cons
Lower wages than local homes in the area
Cloisters nursing home is an excellent home to work in. My job is extremely rewarding, and I feel appreciated for all that I do, especially from my home manager and deputy manager.
Pros
Good benefits and career progression
Advinia is a really great company to work with. The management and upper support management has an initiative for the residents and colleagues wellfare specially in the time of pandemic. This reflects the excellent teamwork in the Home.
Pros
5 mins away from home :-)
Cons
I am the current Home Manager for The Priory Care Home ,I am truly blessed to have beautiful Home an extremely Dedicated ,Caring Colleagues that deliver an exceptional care everyday .I have worked for ADVINIA for nearly 4 years and the commitment and the compassion that is displayed both from Support office and Regional team is Outstanding ,Especially during this pandemic .I would recommend ADVINIA to my friends .From the very first day I felt welcomed and I always felt supported and valued .For the care providers that i have worked for ADVINIA are by far the best .
Pros
Excellent Training and support system
Cons
Advinia is a welcoming warm company that offers the best opportunity’s for its employees to thrive and move forward in there career. The staff are kind natured and very friendly and they keep the residents well looked after and cared for.
I been working with Advinia as a Home Manager for nearly two years now and all i can say is that from the CEO, Support Team, Upper Management and Care Home Team are very supportive not only to me but for the whole team in the care home. Moving to a new company is scary but i never felt that, i was fully supported by my Direct Manager and was suprised even the CEO came by and welcome me to my new care home and family. I am so lucky working with a staff, family caring oriented healthcare company. Thank you Advinia for welcoming me and being part of a wonderful Family😊
Pros
Caring Company
  1. Employee reviews