Aetna, a CVS Health Company

Aetna, a CVS Health Company Employee Reviews

It is good work place depends on what exactly is your work. Normal working hours but 24 hours support format more than 220 resources working on it in Infosys
learnt a lot of insurance related skills. it is quite fast paced and intense work place but colleagues are very helpful and supportive. the job is also rather demanding due to the nature of it.
All I can say is for this company communication sucks stay away this company don't care about nobody I was told it was going to get better the only thing I see it's getting worse
I enjoyed my time Aetna and found the work challenging but rewarding. Team work was key and I made some lifelong friends whilst working here. I found progression here quite difficult and this was the only reason I left the company
I mange and negotiate legal contracts with private hospitals from set up to execution and ongoing management. I work in a much smaller team then i was used to in operations and am looking for a new opportunity to further my career and skill set
Aetna was a great place for me to hone the skills I had acquired studying Finance as a college graduate. As a new credit controller, I was given many tasks and entrusted with operations which required high levels of responsibility. There is a dynamic workplace culture which successfully balances productivity with a relaxed working environment. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was connecting with clients around the world and working as part of a team
Pros
Health insurance benefits
Aetna was a great company to work for. It provided a great insight into an enjoyable working environment. It was a temporary based job involving admin support.
As a first-time finance administrator, I found this position to be amazing. The staff are friendly and helpful. There are many skills to be learnt, including communication, Microsoft Excel and GDPR training.
Pros
Friendly Environment
The amount of work that you have to do does not reflect the amount of pay that you receive. The management is not so great either and employees definitely don't feel appreciated.
Pros
Free fruits
Cons
Underpaid
• Reported to the divisional CEO and VP, restructured struggling care management centre of a leading diversified healthcare company with new org-structure, tools and processes. • Hired and developed 45 onsite/offshore application specialists and achieved 97% first call resolution for annual patient care management calls volume. Successfully built an onshore-offshore client support centre for establishing a 24/7 support operations with a cost saving of 25%. Transformed positive perception of business SMEs and key clients on the support centre by meeting service SLAs and transparency in incident management system through swift reporting.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Aetna, a CVS Health Company?
A great team to work with. Accessing claims, liaising with the medical team and processing claims. I learnt quite a lot on the job with regards to insurance claims, claim management and dealing with medical and evacuation teams outside the UK.
Pros
Great management and company to work for
Cons
Aetna is a great place to work and has lots of opportunities to grow and be challenged. The management are supportive and there is a great culture and work ethic.
I have enjoyed my time working at Aetna and it has given me the essential tools to be able to progress from what I have learnt. Working in client client services has been rewarding and has given me the chance to meet some great people.
Pros
Free fruit
Cons
Lack of communication
it is very flexible with working hours as long as you fulfil the required hours each day. it is a laid back environment and everyone is very friendly and outgoing. plenty of activities outside of work which helps the company bond and enjoy being at work
Aetna is a driven fast paced company. I love working with these people they encourage open mindedness and people who are all rounders.
Pros
good culture
Cons
demanding
When I first started working for Aetna in the now closed operations hub in Co. Kerry, Ireland, I was so impressed by the structure in place and a real sense of organization and efficiency. Starting out as a health insurance processor for the US domestic market, I quickly moved into a team lead role and then switched to international health insurance. As a claims manager, I was able to develop and implement a number of operational changes from training programs, quality and audit tools to drive continuous improvements within my own team, the benefits of which were felt across the business. Following the closure of the office due to outsourcing in 2011, I moved into a work at home vendor management role which again was an amazing challenge, involved a lot of travel and my goal to maintain the improvements achieved previously did not falter. However following a number of management and organizational changes, despite my best efforts, standards started to slip. It was towards the end of 2012, that I started to visit the London office, my presence helped the business understand the real challenges faced operationally. In March 2013, I opted to move to the UK.
Pros
Close to my family in Ireland; structured, organized management style.
Cons
Working from home did not suit me; Too removed from the Europe management team.
Being a long standing employee is something I pride myself on as I have seen so much change and indeed undergone a lot of change with the company. I find myself learning every day As I absorb information easily and I have acquired a lot of knowledge which I am always eager to part with to help customers, my colleagues and the company. At the same time, it is the hardest part of the role as so many departments and people need my expertise I am not able to spend sufficient time building and implementing continuous improvement plans across the business. I can move being business areas really quickly from claim processing to policy administration, medical management and my ability to flex my skills has been proven time and time again. Though I really love what I do, unfortunately I do not see any tangible opportunities arising which would allow me to 1) pass my knowledge on to others and 2) advance my career.
Pros
Opportunities to travel; respected by my peers; every day brings something new
Cons
Long hours; Undervalued; underpaid